Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished both of these last night.  Exceptional pours!  Good thing I have backups... :)

WP.jpg

EC.jpg

21 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Four days, three guys and one unicorn down 

"Atta boy Luther!"

Biba! Joe

17 hours ago, Lance said:

Tasty,

20180331_144833.jpg

Is that a really huge glencairn?   ...Or just a cute little bottle?    (I'm secretly praying it's a humongous glencairn... I want one of those!)

• I like it 2

No images but a liter BT, four roses yellow label, and Hancocks Presidential Reserve did not survive a steeplechase yesterday. 

The old fashioneds were a hit. 

• I like it 3

Is that a really huge glencairn?   ...Or just a cute little bottle?    (I'm secretly praying it's a humongous glencairn... I want one of those!)

I'm going with "cute little bottle" since I found a 50ml bottle of Whistle Pig just like it last month and couldn't resist buying it even though I have several regular size bottles that are still full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Not a spectacular bottle, but a very good one. Amazing how the price has changed since 2008 when this was bottled. (Plus the fact that it was still on a liquor store shelf until 2012 when I bought it.)

ec.jpg

• I like it 3

Bummer... This store pick is long gone, so no replacements..

Some of the best turkey bourbon I've ever had.

:(

IMAG3203_1.jpg

Brother in law had a baby, his first, this morning. The Blanton’s was so good the other night I decided to send a 3oz bottle with my wife for him to enjoy. Left just enough for a wee early afternoon pour!

On a related note, does anyone know a different cork that fits Blanton’s bottles. Love the bottle, but prefer it not to have such a distinctive cork topper after I have refilled the empty with different bourbon.

F54B8CB8-0C24-4563-8839-EDD144A6FE5A.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

On April 4, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Clueby said:

Goodbye Elmer.

17 hours ago, Clueby said:

Success.

20180408_224907-1612x1209.jpg

We seem to be on very similar paths Tim. I have an ETL and a Weller 12 open. Sadly, the end is in sight for both. Maybe not all that soon, but soon enough. :(

Biba! Joe

17 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

We seem to be on very similar paths Tim. I have an ETL and a Weller 12 open. Sadly, the end is in sight for both. Maybe not all that soon, but soon enough. :(

Biba! Joe

If you are like me (and I suspect you are) there are backups for both waiting in the wings.

1 minute ago, Clueby said:

If you are like me (and I suspect you are) there are backups for both waiting in the wings.

Yes, but.....  Only one ETL, and four or five Weller 12's of different label types.

I saw ETL on the shelf here for the first time in quite a while the weekend before last for $70.00.  <_< I had to pass. Seeing a skid full of it at BT this past weekend only made me feel worse.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Another one bites the dust. I really need to slow down...48b3181596f0eb67cb33a02e9196208a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 1/12/2018 at 11:42 PM, Swamp55 said:

Man down.  Man up.  (This stuff almost always hits the spot for me.)

Baker's.jpg

See , in a perfect world ... that ^^^^^^^ would magically happen . Ya tip one upside down empty and another appears . 

Never had that brand and I'm liking the color of it and the 7 years 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.