Empty bottle support group - 2018

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

I never had that, no good huh?

Bubble gum flavored cheap vodka would be accurate. 7 pours from this half bottle, and each time I posted a long rant somewhere here without fail.

I've got a bunch of age stated EC bottles left in the bunker, but it still pains me to drain the final drops of 12 year old liquid from each and every bottle I finish.

WP_20180112_001.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

(Sad face)

IMAG2965_1.jpg

I know which 4R bottle you should open up to replace that one :D

Cheers!

No pictures but I've been through three bottles of BT in the past few weeks.  Two store picks (B&B and Good Times - both stores in TN) as well as one normal BT and they've all been great.  In fact I may go there again tonight...

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Bourbon Fanatic said:

I know which 4R bottle you should open up to replace that one :D

Cheers!

There's still 15 others open on the shelf... lol.  :)

Just finished off a bottle of Big Red Liquor's 1792 Full Proof Single Barrel.  It was one of my favorite single barrels over the past few years.  I would compare it favorably to KCSB and FRSB BPs that I have had.  I liked it well enough to locate another couple of bottles.  Of course, the price was right at $36.99 a bottle.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Swamp55 said:

Fallen Angel.

Fallen Angel.jpg

Haha nice.  Gotta love how the cherub looks to be sadly lamenting his fallen brethren.  Clever work

I went through this bottle fast, for me. It really hit my taste buds the right way. 

I may try to find another bottle. 

Cheers

IMG_2197.JPG

• I like it 1

This has been terrific. Terrifically consistent I mean.

Screenshot_20180121-215120.jpg

Edited by beasled

I’m going to miss this greatly. These BT barrel selects are quickly becoming one of my favorite daily pours. Or least 100 proof or less pours.

40e80decdc16f38cd269ef6c88dd2568.jpg

• I like it 1

A Stagg Jr Batch #3 gave up its last pour for me this evening.  :( This was the batch that made me do an about face on Stagg Jr. Yes, this one will be very much missed. But I do have one more in the bunker.  :P

Biba! Joe

sjr.jpeg

• I like it 1

Beaslead and I are in the same boat. 

Initially, I really liked my store pick, still do. However, OF Sig delivers the same ‘banana puddin’ sweetness at half the price and 100 proof. I’ve enjoyed this bottle and have one stashed but sig and 1920 seem to cover all of the Old Forester based for me.

FE299B00-0B53-4772-9D25-22B71C09EAF0.jpeg

• I like it 1

Every empty bottle is a sad day in the UK because Bourbon is so expensive over here. But it’s even worse when it’s Blanton’s Gold Edition
65453e7ce45074bf9f70468e4c0a04ba.jpg

• I like it 2

On 1/22/2018 at 11:50 PM, HoustonNit said:

I’m going to miss this greatly. These BT barrel selects are quickly becoming one of my favorite daily pours. Or least 100 proof or less pours.

40e80decdc16f38cd269ef6c88dd2568.jpg

Try Spec's if you have them where you are. $100.

36 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Sorry what’s $100 at Spec’s?

WT Decades! I'm realizing now I quoted the wrong post. Lol sorry that wasn't for you.

Edited by Bourbinvestor

On 1/26/2018 at 5:22 PM, pancakedan said:

Every empty bottle is a sad day in the UK because Bourbon is so expensive over here. But it’s even worse when it’s Blanton’s Gold Edition
65453e7ce45074bf9f70468e4c0a04ba.jpg

...and that stuff goes down like water!

Along with a couple I've finished, I'll be sending the empties from my recent blending and decanting to the big blue bin.

FWIW, I decanted a handle of Weller 12 today, so add it to the total, but take away one ETL:P

Biba! Joe

bb1.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.