What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

It was only rebranded a couple years ago, seems like a lot of expense if they were just going to get rid of it, but anything is possible.

That's a good point! But a couple people on here got it at great prices on close out specials. I am still finding it in Indiana . What was the product before rebranding a couple years ago?

2 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

That's a good point! But a couple people on here got it at great prices on close out specials. I am still finding it in Indiana . What was the product before rebranding a couple years ago?

Same product just a different color scheme and label design. The also dropped the 12 year seemingly around the same time. 

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Same product just a different color scheme and label design. The also dropped the 12 year seemingly around the same time. 

The current label in ugly!

5 minutes ago, cdcdguy said:

The current label in ugly!

The current one is the red one, the older one is the black and greenish one.

15 hours ago, Kane said:

Please elaborate! I travel all the time but ignore those programs. How did that happen?

Arguably unrelated, but Hhonors got me into the private lounge where a gentleman was enjoying this bottle. He brought it from home. 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

The current one is the red one, the older one is the black and greenish one.

Kevin, are we talking about the same product? I could be colorblind but this label looks baby poop brown!

image.jpg

1 minute ago, cdcdguy said:

Kevin, are we talking about the same product? I could be colorblind but this label looks baby poop brown!

image.jpg

The answer is kind of both yes and no, since I'm fairly color blind, I thought this was more of a brick red, but if you say brown then brown it is!

ECBP C917 fits tonight’s bill. Working on finishing this bottle off to clear some space for a different bottle to be opened. 

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

The answer is kind of both yes and no, since I'm fairly color blind, I thought this was more of a brick red, but if you say brown then brown it is!

Actually it could be brick red. Still ugly though, lol. Need a pretty decanter for this lovely stuff.

Enjoying some ER before dinner, and wondering why they charge less for ER than for BT. Oh . . . Because they can[emoji6]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, GaryT said:

Enjoying some ER before dinner, and wondering why they charge less for ER than for BT. Oh . . . Because they canemoji6.png

Really?  Where I live BT is generally around $24-$28 and ER (when I can find it) is about $32.

• I like it 1

Enjoying some ER before dinner, and wondering why they charge less for ER than for BT. Oh . . . Because they can[emoji6]

Not the case in my area. BT is usually around $25-$28 and ER is $30-$32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jav said:

Really?  Where I live BT is generally around $24-$28 and ER (when I can find it) is about $32.

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Not the case in my area. BT is usually around $25-$28 and ER is $30-$32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a restaurant - charging $10 for BT, and $9 for ER.  I get charging the same amount (there isn't a huge price difference retail), but seemed silly to me to charge less for ER.  Leaves me to think they get way more folks asking for Buffalo Trace, so they just bumped it :)  

This was a restaurant - charging $10 for BT, and $9 for ER.  I get charging the same amount (there isn't a huge price difference retail), but seemed silly to me to charge less for ER.  Leaves me to think they get way more folks asking for Buffalo Trace, so they just bumped it [emoji4]  

OK, that makes more sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VOB BiB over a 3/4 clear cube. :) Normally I smell banana, but today it’s sweeter, cotton candy? Nice mouthfeel. Just a tad of burn right after swallowing that affects the. Still, for $13 this is nitpicking.  

DAEA5187-4187-4713-92CD-9645CCFE74E6.jpeg

• I like it 1

I don’t often reach for wheaters but this Rebel Yell 10 is delivering tonight. 

AD7E9819-D4E2-4750-BCB5-651ED35B8632.jpeg

Loving this GBS OESO. Yep, this is coming to Bardstown next week. Delicious, orange zest dusted chocolate covered cherries.

• I like it 1

Some of the ER101 I mixed up in my new glass. This blend in great. All the cherry cola nose and caramel sweetness of Stagg Jr. without the painful afterburn. 

FE0C5AFA-9C1E-47AB-99CC-3B982BEB6086.jpeg

• I like it 2

Decided to see how the FR OESV was enjoying life in the decanter for the past few months. From the first sip I think it enjoys the decanter very much. 

3 hours ago, GaryT said:

Loving this GBS OESO. Yep, this is coming to Bardstown next week. Delicious, orange zest dusted chocolate covered cherries.

I brought one last Fall to the Gazebo/West Wing tables, and almost had to bribe folx to try it!     I find it excellent, and preferred it to much of what was available.

In fact, I wound up drinking more of it than anything else, and maybe more of it than everybody else put together.     That one is long gone now; but I have one more, I think. 

I may bring the sister (OBSK) with me next week.    I have two of those left... both unopened.

4 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Some of the ER101 I mixed up in my new glass. This blend in great. All the cherry cola nose and caramel sweetness of Stagg Jr. without the painful afterburn. 

I realize I've been out of it on here for awhile, but ER101 is now a moniker for someone's private blend?  In my day ER101 referred to the old Eagle Rare 101.  I may need to go back to the SB dictionary...

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.