What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 4/8/2018 at 1:24 PM, Masset1982 said:

4FF80B32-CD5C-4CF3-8FC1-A63E5270CD0F.thumb.jpeg.5661c2b15812d533a0788b892ee366a1.jpeg

I’m really enjoying this, had some Mitchers 10yo before, this one is way better and a third of the price of the M10.

Cheers! 

Will. 

I am another fan of this bottle.  Light years better than the Bowman Small Batch and a good value in my opinion.

• I like it 2

Bourbon Crusaders OBSV 8yr 4mo tier 6 is absolutely killing it tonight. 

6 hours ago, NDN98 said:

I am another fan of this bottle.  Light years better than the Bowman Small Batch and a good value in my opinion.

This brand is hard to come by in Europe, purchased this bottle in an auction for cheap (less than £40) and i'm not regretting it, would buy it again if i could. 

Will. 

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, cdcdguy said:

Did you get it for 21.00? IF it gets to Indiana, I will buy more.

Yes

C6EC25A9-41AD-437C-B3C7-F2B484A8F432.thumb.jpeg.01a0742383345b0a8a9ab8c9dfd9283f.jpeg

Since I’m getting another one, I’ve decided to open this bottle today, I think it’s batch 3, another great batch of CEHTBP, I’m gonna have fun with this. 

Cheers!

Will.

• I like it 3

On 4/11/2018 at 12:27 PM, Masset1982 said:

0A55F13E-59FA-4F54-8F30-325B53D8DAFC.thumb.jpeg.15f2392f45ef16105b27568b08f95a7a.jpeg

Going for Belle Meade as first pour of the day, cheers! 

Will. 

How was it?

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

How was it?

Soooo good that I’m glad to have scored two of them. The mouthfeel is so rich, oily, great finish, no flaws in my book. Go MGP, they know what they are doing down there. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

7 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Soooo good that I’m glad to have scored two of them. The mouthfeel is so rich, oily, great finish, no flaws in my book. Go MGP, they know what they are doing down there. 

Cheers! 

Will. 

Agree. Haven’t had a bad one yet. 

For anyone that liked SAOS singles, give these a run. Same caliber of juice (in my experience). 

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

For anyone that liked SAOS singles, give these a run. Same caliber of juice (in my experience). 

I enjoyed the Belle Meade sample you sent me. It’s not available in Michigan or Indiana where I buy, so I had my cousin from Tennessee pick me up a bottle and I’m getting it from her at a family wedding next weekend. Can’t wait to add this gem to my collection. 

• I like it 2

Agreed on the Belle Meade Single Barrel.  Delicious stuff.  About $60 a bottle here, and well worth it, IMO.

• I like it 2

8 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

It's my first Belle Meade, not the last for sure. You're absolutely right, very similar to the SAOS single barrels, not a surprise, both are MGP juice after all. 

Cheers! 

Will.

Whenever I have this, I always think this is the best bourbon I'll ever have. And it is.

Screenshot_20180412-230610.jpg

• I like it 6

Although overpriced and somewhat of a different experience, there are some days when this bottle just hits the nail right on the head.

Today is one of those days.

Opened the windows for the first time since fall.

It's a beautiful day, and the smell from the kitchen is very promising for dinner.

:)

IMAG3220.jpg

• I like it 2

Maker's is far from my favorite bourbon, they are however the best at sending swag and this isn't a bad pour at all.

y4mUlvobzqFphCPjEv2QPLOfa4Q885cXBYVV8DXW

289C7C11-D6E3-4F87-A328-909AF4BFC869.thumb.jpeg.6aa21addb2033ae5c98b017dfef5f5c5.jpeg

This one could use a higher proof, at least a 100 proof, but I’m not complaining, it’s working tonight.

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

On 3/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, Paddy said:

My money's on a pour from each house!  ;)

A little late for an update on this, but after a month off my tolerance was not what is usually is so I had to stop at the third house!

BT, HH, and 4R got the honors.

• I like it 2

For all you Weller Whore wannabies who'll be at the General Nelson in a couple weeks, Fishnbowljoe has done it again. Outstanding mouthfeel and just the right amount of proof in this years blend. Congrats Joe!

20180413_195108.jpg

• I like it 5

For all you Weller Whore wannabies who'll be at the General Nelson in a couple weeks, Fishnbowljoe has done it again. Outstanding mouthfeel and just the right amount of proof in this years blend. Congrats Joe!
20180413_195108.thumb.jpg.e97611e07ec78ec7edd40b854a1007ab.jpg

Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.