What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My flight was delayed, so I followed my traditional Delta Sky Club double Booker's with a double Baker's-- with the latter scoring higher tonight. I needed a positive Bourbon experience after a disappointing WT bottle at the hotel-- my first ever Rare Breed down the sink. 

IMG_9499.thumb.JPG.b5436902f3a1b94cba9a125c026642c9.JPG

21 hours ago, flahute said:

Could not agree more.

And to think that a local group passed up on an opportunity to pick a private barrel of this because of their uneducated anti Jack prejudices. 

This is one I have been intrigued by but haven’t bought one yet. 

I keep buying these and haven’t had a bad one yet. 

9A12B8E9-637A-4C6A-81C5-73FC17D4AF9C.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

My flight was delayed, so I followed my traditional Delta Sky Club double Booker's with a double Baker's-- with the latter scoring higher tonight. I needed a positive Bourbon experience after a disappointing WT bottle at the hotel-- my first ever Rare Breed down the sink. 

IMG_9499.thumb.JPG.b5436902f3a1b94cba9a125c026642c9.JPG

Was the RB 112.8?

Killed a bottle of ECBP, cracked open a SAOS 10.  Great nose on the SAOS - super smooth, soft, easy drinker.  Tastes like 80 proof or less.  Nice flavor = a winner.

IMG_0139.jpg

• I like it 2

2017 GTS, thanks to Fishnbowljoe. Hadn't had any booze since the Sampler due to a med I was taking and today was the first day I was cleared to drink. Stopped by Joe's house this afternoon and we both enjoyed a pour. What a way to come back! Tonight I'm on to some JD Barrel Proof and I have to say, it's damn good. Never been a JD fan but this one is delicious.

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

This is one I have been intrigued by but haven’t bought one yet. 

I keep buying these and haven’t had a bad one yet. 

9A12B8E9-637A-4C6A-81C5-73FC17D4AF9C.jpeg

Haven’t posted in awhile. Think I am something like 3-4 months behind you in my bourbon journey as I just opened my first RRSiB store pick a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it! Bought several more since!

On 6/1/2018 at 8:42 PM, reeko said:

It sucks to see this one go! I don't think I'll be replacing soon. IMG_20180531_173342.jpeg

Oh yeah!

At least you were smart enough to get one.  I hesitated and then regretted after trying a friend's bottle.  Lots of nice molasses in that pick.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

The first pour of the rest of my life! The official first drink of my 40th birthday vacation!

DSC03910.JPG

• I like it 2

Enjoying a single barrel store pick 1792 from Florida ABC tonight.

Lots of banana on this one.

IMAG3407.jpg

• I like it 1

I know it's not technically summer, but when it's 100 degrees every day I started looking for the summer season of this thread.  In any event, last night I celebrated finally securing the purchase of a new house with some PVW20, then some W12, and finally some Tom Moore BiB.  The real estate biz is such a racket, so very glad to have this behind us.  Now we wait until closing, but it beats waiting for new inventory to pop up, then sprinting to see it, then offering way over asking price, then giving every accommodation available to seller, then holding your breath during the open house, then seeing offer be rejected anyway after an insane bidding war, all in the span of 72 hours.  It was like meeting someone, falling in love, then breaking up, then doing it all over again a few weeks later, for months on end.  Now I look forward to selling my current home at least, ha!

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Haven’t posted in awhile. Think I am something like 3-4 months behind you in my bourbon journey as I just opened my first RRSiB store pick a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it! Bought several more since!

Team Turkey. 

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Was the RB 112.8?

Yes, it used to be a ritualistic pick-up in 375ml form from Park Avenue Liquor Shop when in the city-- so I packed a bottle for old time's sake. I worked with it a while but it never came around. I need to check out the open 112.8 I've got at the shop while this one is still fresh in my mind. 

Drinking one of the last pours of my last bottle of Old Scout SiB. I can't get these anymore and I am going to miss them. One of my favorites.

59 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, it used to be a ritualistic pick-up in 375ml form from Park Avenue Liquor Shop when in the city-- so I packed a bottle for old time's sake. I worked with it a while but it never came around. I need to check out the open 112.8 I've got at the shop while this one is still fresh in my mind. 

112.8 is my go to for icy cocktails like a whiskey smash. High proof stands up to the ice and lemon and simple syrup. Rare Breed neat? 116.8 or 03 RB for me. 

Oh yeah!
At least you were smart enough to get one.  I hesitated and then regretted after trying a friend's bottle.  Lots of nice molasses in that pick.
Is it too late to get one? It's good, but when it comes to barrel proofs I enjoy others more for a similar price point.

28 minutes ago, reeko said:
19 hours ago, 0895 said:
Oh yeah!

Is it too late to get one? It's good, but when it comes to barrel proofs I enjoy others more for a similar price point.

Oh yeah.

I think that pick sold out in just a few days.

I'm just a Barton nut.  :)

Its a Grandpa Weller's Four Grain Blend kinda night, and since I have recently returned from Napa I decided to pair it with some Fontina cheese because it makes me feel fancy.

Edited by Jfletchgu

This is good for craft, there is a grassy youthfulness I'm getting that I don't love that I didn't notice at first but kind of crept up on me as I drank it. Up for further review. 

y4maVAuc55osVi06UOFGWNxFtjK3NZqBI-XT1L1a

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Team Turkey. 

Love it. Just added “Team Turkey Second Chair” to the bourbon section of my resume. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.