What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (Spring 2018)

DCFan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

OGD bonded is really good too and I'm right now enjoying an Elijah Craig Small Batch (not even a store pick). 

For some strange reason, I just cannot get my mouth to enjoy OGD BIB.  Lord knows I've tried.  I have 2 bottles left in the bar, and I can't bear opening them.  I went through one, over the course of two weeks, and each glass felt like a chore.  I'm uncertain why this particular offering just didn't click with me.  So many enjoy it!  

4 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

For some strange reason, I just cannot get my mouth to enjoy OGD BIB.  Lord knows I've tried.  I have 2 bottles left in the bar, and I can't bear opening them.  I went through one, over the course of two weeks, and each glass felt like a chore.  I'm uncertain why this particular offering just didn't click with me.  So many enjoy it!  

I felt that way at first then I had it with a couple of small ice cubes and in a Manhattan and both were an eye opener. 

• I like it 1

On 5/28/2018 at 1:52 PM, BigPapa said:

100 degrees here in Minneapolis. How would you suggest enjoying a bourbon? Seems just to hit for neat.

Mint Julep, mixed with lemonade, or sweet tea, or lemonade and sweet tea (and mint--that's good), or on the rocks, or mixed with a little peach schnapps...many possibilities. 

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

Is OK.  OGD BIB is my most-consumed, but put some OF Signature in front of me, and I'll feel so bad I'll go to bed without tasting - just can't drink it.  I like other OF offerings - B'day, 1897, 1920, but Sig . . .

ON TOPIC - Booker's, 2016-04 Bluegill Creek, 128 proof, 6y5m28d.  Last night and tonight with various amounts of water so sipping proof was 80-110.  Huge vanilla/caramel with just enough tannins to make the finish last and last.  Absolutely NO hints of the Beam yeast monster.

Well not so subliminally influenced I'm now drinking a pour of OGD BIB which I just about always enjoy, tonight is no exception.

• I like it 1

Some Barrell Bourbon Batch 14 while rooting for the Golden Kaniggets.

Old standby VOB BIB tonight.  I wonder if Barton would ever do a non chill filtered single barrel selection of this?

7 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Oh no!!!! You got a new phone!?

No, no.

I just spent some time getting the lighting just right.  It was my 1000th post after all.  :)

Tonight, Knob creek 25th, followed by Knob creek single barrel pick.  Both are tasting fantastic!

• I like it 1

Had some WT101 8y, now, I’m savouring the last ounce of the Booker’s Rye sample I’ve got from a great guy. Damn, it’s something, I don’t usually drink Beam stuff, but this is very good, should be available, I would pull the trigger at $300, but it’s never gonna happened. Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

Nonsense flight, but much cheaper than having a GTS separately so why not?

IMG_20180531_191755.jpg

• I like it 3

2dlot37.jpg

Enjoying some Elijah Craig small batch at the Little River Inn up north in Mendocino county, before heading to dinner (where I hope to try some local beer on tap) 

3 hours ago, Kane said:

Nonsense flight, but much cheaper than having a GTS separately so why not?

IMG_20180531_191755.jpg

Bigger question is, what did you think about the M10 in the middle and what release was it? I just passed on a few bottles of it last week because I have heard M10 quality going down hill and figured for $115, I could get almost 3 bottles of KCSB or 6 bottles of BT. Maybe I would have changed my mind if I tried it first.

Staying on topic. My mom just arrived from Indiana this evening to visit for the weekend before heading to the Cape during the week. So, WTRB at 116 proof got the evening started with a good pour of HH6yrBIB to follow. I doubt there will be a pour of anything less than 100 proof until she leaves on Sunday. Oh, and I do Love my Mom, just need a little help to remind myself how much I love her when she visits.

2 hours ago, elmossle said:

Bigger question is, what did you think about the M10 in the middle and what release was it? I just passed on a few bottles of it last week because I have heard M10 quality going down hill and figured for $115, I could get almost 3 bottles of KCSB or 6 bottles of BT. Maybe I would have changed my mind if I tried it first.

M10 was totally and absolutely not worth the $120+ it commands, BUT it was pretty unique, I'll give it that. Specifically, it was your standard bourbon flavors of caramel+oak with a distinct and dominant mustiness. It smelled and tasted of very strong mold akin to blue cheese, something I've never seen in bourbon before. That didn't play well with the otherwise very sweet profile, the balance was all over the place. A novelty pour, I would buy a bottle to shock my taste buds if it were more like $30-40. GTS and ORVW wiped the floor with it.

Not sure about the release year, but batch no is visible on the neck label if that helps decipher that.

8 hours ago, beasled said:

Screenshot_20180531-234550.jpg

Very nice, how is it ?? Compared to the PHC 10 24th ?? Enjoy! 

Will. 

3 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

A nice little pour of a favorite.

KiqcJp6.jpg

A classic, cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Very nice, how is it ?? Compared to the PHC 10 24th ?? Enjoy! 

Will. 

Much better than the PHC 24. It's sweeter, thicker and the finish is a lot longer.

5 minutes ago, beasled said:

Much better than the PHC 24. It's sweeter, thicker and the finish is a lot longer.

I'd love a sample of this ha ha ! Yeah, the PHC is very woody and oaky, some strong bitterness, not for everybody, but i like it. Sounds nice buddy! Cheers! 

Will. 

41 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

I'd love a sample of this ha ha ! Yeah, the PHC is very woody and oaky, some strong bitterness, not for everybody, but i like it. Sounds nice buddy! Cheers! 

Will. 

It can be arranged ;)

33 minutes ago, beasled said:

It can be arranged ;)

You're too good buddy, but i'm in ha ha :-))))

Edited by Masset1982

4 hours ago, Kane said:

M10 was totally and absolutely not worth the $120+ it commands, BUT it was pretty unique, I'll give it that. Specifically, it was your standard bourbon flavors of caramel+oak with a distinct and dominant mustiness. It smelled and tasted of very strong mold akin to blue cheese, something I've never seen in bourbon before. That didn't play well with the otherwise very sweet profile, the balance was all over the place. A novelty pour, I would buy a bottle to shock my taste buds if it were more like $30-40. GTS and ORVW wiped the floor with it.

Not sure about the release year, but batch no is visible on the neck label if that helps decipher that.

"wiped the floor with it" do you explaining this expression to me, still learning US expression and i'm always curious about those, i love the English language, specially in the US.

Will. 

By the way, the M10 is 2017. 

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

"wiped the floor with it" do you explaining this expression to me, still learning US expression and i'm always curious about those, i love the English language, specially in the US.

Will. 

By the way, the M10 is 2017. 

"wiped the floor with it" = "beat the poop out of it".  You're welcome - and American English isn't even my Native language!

• I like it 1

"wiped the floor with it" = "beat the poop out of it".  You're welcome - and American English isn't even my Native language!

It’s extrapolated from the idea of kicking someone’s ass so bad that when you are done you use their limp body and drag it all over the floor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.