What Bourbon Are You Enjoying (summer 2018)

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Stewardess?   How was your flight on that 707, Gary?  :D  :D 

She was old enough that her original job description would have been "stewardess" :) 

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

She was old enough that her original job description would have been "stewardess" :) 

Ha!  In that case, are you sure you weren’t on Delta, then? ;) 

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Ha!  In that case, are you sure you weren’t on Delta, then? ;) 

American is similar, I can confidently say after spending much of the year in the air with them. I'd guess it's an industry-wide situation...

Finished a Four Roses OBSV, 11 years old sample, pretty impressive. Followed some SOAS 10 cask strength, less fruit, far more oak than the 4R which was fruity and smooth, both great products. 

5 hours ago, Fishin49er said:

I've been enjoying a Stage Jr/ER10 blend in a 1:1 ratio. I may have to try the 1:2 ratio. By itself Stagg Jr doesn't really do it for me but it is useful for blending with ER or BT.

the stag jr blended with ER10  1:2 is the sweet spot for me too. real nice it is

"Are You Enjoying" is a loose term, here. I am enjoying the fact that it is Friday, the end of the work week & I have my first pour at hand. It is a newly opened IWH 15 that has it's moments, but will send me to my next pour of  something else. Up front is a nice subtle cherry flavor, but the backend is a decent oak fading into a bitter salt. Definitely not what I expected, but I can see my Daughter in law digging this one.

It takes a nice selfie, though!

20180622_172422.jpg.17b2e7dce7932fee27420c21fe72c36a.jpg

• I like it 1

Enjoying what has to be one of the best values in bourbon...some classic OGD114.

20180622_194501.jpg

Edited by Jfletchgu
  • I like it 3

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Finished a Four Roses OBSV, 11 years old sample, pretty impressive. Followed some SOAS 10 cask strength, less fruit, far more oak than the 4R which was fruity and smooth, both great products. 

Sometimes different can be great!

Started the evening with a nice pour of Rural Inn store select Blanton's followed by a smaller pour of standard Maker's Mark.  Things don't have to be complicated.

5 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Started the evening with a nice pour of Rural Inn store select Blanton's followed by a smaller pour of standard Maker's Mark.  Things don't have to be complicated.

Indeed, they don’t.  An uncomplicated Wild Turkey here, tonight.  Just pure bourbon goodness.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, Vosgar said:

She was very nice to me so I didn't bother to tell her it's GNS and doesn't matter at all.

In my decidedly limited experience, vodka drinkers are the most opinionated bunch. They only drink X and Y, but never Z.

A nice Baker's paired with a duck hearts small plate-- work well together. 

IMG_9747.thumb.JPG.c44e13161c3e255f11212da5ec549e03.JPG

• I like it 1

A bit too much Old Forester Original Batch tonight after some bad news at work. But a few bourbons and Season 4 of the Americans and I’m rallying nicely.

I finally decided to give Old Forester barrel picks a try after seeing a pick at one of my more favorite locals. I’m not a fan of OF Sig, love the nose but hate the finish. The SB pick however is really nice and I look forward to giving the OF line another shot.

16 minutes ago, BigRich said:

A bit too much Old Forester Original Batch tonight after some bad news at work. But a few bourbons and Season 4 of the Americans and I’m rallying nicely.

Here's to hoping the badass isn't something that'll have a long term impact. Sorry to hear that's happening, but I'm glad you seem to have rebounded a bit.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, Mako254 said:

Second pour.  Am I the only one that thinks Baker’s is under appreciated?  

Umm, pay attention!

2 hours ago, mfly86 said:

IMG_8720.JPG

Having a Barton Night to support Barton after their unfortunate collapse today.

Good call.

IMG_8720.thumb.JPG.d12bf1cb097d855c0a2e4e1312eaa234.JPG

Having a Barton Night to support Barton after their unfortunate collapse today.

Was looking for a thread on this, really too bad.

Also was surprised no 25% European tariff thread either.
  • I like it 2

7 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Sometimes different can be great!

True.

Nice collection by the way ;-)))

Will.

Enjoyed a pour of Blanton’s and a pour from my first bottle of SAOS that I picked up in NY this week. It’s a 10 year SiB and absolutely amazing. 

10 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A nice Baker's paired with a duck hearts small plate-- work well together. 

IMG_9747.thumb.JPG.c44e13161c3e255f11212da5ec549e03.JPG

A lot of Baker’s in this thread so far. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.