What bourbon did you pass on (summer/fall) 2018

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on a bottle of WLW at retail today. Had to pass on it in order to purchase a bottle of GTS. Wish I could have gotten both, but it was one or the other.

6 hours ago, elmossle said:

Passed on a bottle of WLW at retail today. Had to pass on it in order to purchase a bottle of GTS. Wish I could have gotten both, but it was one or the other.

Good for you, elmossle!    Loadz of folx have zero access to either at retail.   So, a big win, if not a 'double-win'.

10 hours ago, elmossle said:

Were these the new 18 releases? First time (at least in memory) the WLW punched bigger proof than GTS.

Extraordinary finds at retail!!! I've never had an opportunity at retail price, we have to pay up in TN. :)  

11 hours ago, elmossle said:

Great problem to have. Its WLW for me if offered a chance between those two.  Normally Stagg second, but this 101pf Eagle Rare sounds exciting.  Not many bottles though so not holding out much hope on that one.

11 hours ago, elmossle said:

You are a lucky man!  I'd have taken the GTS too

Passed on it all when I saw King Sue on shelf. One of the best beers I had last year. Hope it lives up to my recollection! 

77FD4CB5-A873-4236-95E5-56C49365BEE6.jpeg

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, elmossle said:

Wow, what I'd give for a bottle of the '18 WLW, although I'm also a GTS fan. Those are hard choices for sure! Enjoy. 

26 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Passed on a bottle of Willett pot still.

;) 

F87473E7-23F1-4DBF-AB3A-CFC6E2479AB4.jpeg

I will admit that I bought a couple last time I was at Willett I don't remember what they cost but I justified them as a decorative item. 

• I like it 2

In the last week I've passed on Parker's, as well as the most recent iterations of Old Fitz BIB and Ky Owl bourbon.  I had previously passed on an offer of a full case of the Ky Owl Rye (batch #2), at a discount rate.

At this point, when it comes to many of these new/hyped releases, I'm just not feeling it...

• I like it 7

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

In the last week I've passed on Parker's, as well as the most recent iterations of Old Fitz BIB and Ky Owl bourbon.  I had previously passed on an offer of a full case of the Ky Owl Rye (batch #2), at a discount rate.

At this point, when it comes to many of these new/hyped releases, I'm just not feeling it...

I tried a sample of the fall 9 y old fitz and liked it better than the 11(spring) or 14y gift shop (summer) releases. 

Not that it really means much, since you don’t know me. 

But anyway  the 9y was pretty darn good.  That’s my story, but in the end they all taste like Rebel yell 10 honey barrels...

:)

Edited by 0895

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

;) 

OMG - that's soooooo CUTE!  Wonder how much of the price is tied up in making the bottle?   ☺️

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

;) 

Is it just me, or does this look crazy light, almost like white dog?

Picked up a bottle of HM 10 y.o. for my BIL and a bottle of WT Honey to use to make Lawrenceburg Lemonade at tailgate parties.

10 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Is it just me, or does this look crazy light, almost like white dog?

It’s only an airplane 50ml bottle. 

I think it’s lack of volume and bright lighting , but you have a point. 

I dont think anyone ever drinks a mini pot still, so they could put whatever crap they want in there, LoL!

im pretty sure every one of those ever made is on display in someone’s bar. 

4 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Picked up a bottle of HM 10 y.o. for my BIL and a bottle of WT Honey to use to make Lawrenceburg Lemonade at tailgate parties.

This is the “passed on thread “

Just fyi. 

Passed on the new Parkers Heritage and Little Book within the last week.  I usually love the Parkers releases, but wasn't feeling this one, and the reviews have been mostly tepid.  I never bought the first Little Book, but did try it - thought it was okay, but not worth the price.  So I was leery of it this time around.  Reviews seem to be better, but when I went back a couple days later the three bottles were no longer there.  Still not sure I would have bought it, but other consumers made my decision for me.  Oh well - it's not like I don't already have enough whiskey to drown a horse.

Passed  on a:

Calumet Black 12yr

Redemption Wheated #2

Pinhook Bourbon

Garrison Bros 2016

But if anyone here thinks that I need to give the store a call & put a hold on one, please let me know. All prices seem to be at retail...

P.S. They also got several cases of ECBP, so that one is a grab sooner or later, anyway.

Edited by bayouredd

ETL $100, 1792SW $100, 1792FP $200, RY10 $90 were the laughable ones I noted, then went next door and took home a ps KCsib (14yr) and a JBsib for $35 & $23 respectively.

7 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

ETL $100, 1792SW $100, 1792FP $200, RY10 $90 were the laughable ones I noted, then went next door and took home a ps KCsib (14yr) and a JBsib for $35 & $23 respectively.

$200 1792FP?  That is about 5 times what I usually see it priced.

Passed on these guys at Bottoms Up in Destin. The $300 RHF behind the counter was equally ridiculous.

855A64D4-51C5-4636-AE90-270A44C1C7EA.jpeg

B438BA91-A8E7-46C9-B937-DE188A6050E3.jpeg

Edited by Jfletchgu

Passed  on a:

Calumet Black 12yr

Redemption Wheated #2

Pinhook Bourbon

Garrison Bros 2016

But if anyone here thinks that I need to give the store a call & put a hold on one, please let me know. All prices seem to be at retail...

P.S. They also got several cases of ECBP, so that one is a grab sooner or later, anyway.

I have been real enjoying the Redemption Wheated lately. I didn’t realize there was different batches? Worth a try if you like MGP Juice.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, 0895 said:

This is the “passed on thread “

Just fyi. 

Oops!  My Bad! Thought I had clicked on the what Bourbon did you buy today.  Damn mouse!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.