Jump to content
kevinbrink

Fun with TTB COLA's Online

Recommended Posts

Marekv8
Jazz June

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 hour ago, Jazz June said:

And the premiumization of every Sazerac owned brand made at BT will be complete. Maybe one day if they work it out with Age International we can get AA 10yr back, although it would probably be $70. What will they do with crappy BT#1 barrels? They better sell a lot of the current 3yr Benchmark.

In my opinion, rife with cynicism, they can bottle it in any of their products, it doesn't matter what BT products taste like anymore people are buying them.

  • I like it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19319001000048

I’m surprised that BT didn’t put a retractable roof on warehouse C after the success of EHT Tornado bottle. 

:D :D :D  Can't help but wonder if they ever thought of that! They could call it "Benchnado"

 

I have to say though, I really love the Tornado and am very happy to still have some stashed away

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BDanner
On 12/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, PaulO said:

Maybe they'll run out of different label colors.

Isn't this number six?  How will taters keep track of all those?

I'm sure there's a chart.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BDanner
5 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Evan Williams sent me a survey with several different new bottle/label options for both EW Black and 1783 a while back. The EW Black was just a few tweaks, but the 1783 was a complete overhaul. It is a definite upgrade. Large wooden topped cork stopper, and an old-time bottle shape (similar to the old age stated EC12) if memory serves. I like the 1783 and always thought the packaging didn't do it justice.

Edited by BDanner
  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
4 hours ago, Jazz June said:

And the premiumization of every Sazerac owned brand made at BT will be complete. Maybe one day if they work it out with Age International we can get AA 10yr back, although it would probably be $70. 

While I agree that the AAA 10 yr was good, I myself would rather see them bring back the AA BIB.

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
6 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Maybe one day if they work it out with Age International we can get AA 10yr back, although it would probably be $70. 

 

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

While I agree that the AAA 10 yr was good, I myself would rather see them bring back the AA BIB.

 

Biba! Joe

As long as we're dreaming, why not go big and ask for AAA 10yr at 100 proof and an MSRP of $30?

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fishnbowljoe
31 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

 

As long as we're dreaming, why not go big and ask for AAA 10yr at 100 proof and an MSRP of $30?

Works for me. ^_^

 

Biba! Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
4 hours ago, BDanner said:

Evan Williams sent me a survey with several different new bottle/label options for both EW Black and 1783 a while back. The EW Black was just a few tweaks, but the 1783 was a complete overhaul. It is a definite upgrade. Large wooden topped cork stopper, and an old-time bottle shape (similar to the old age stated EC12) if memory serves. I like the 1783 and always thought the packaging didn't do it justice.

The new EW Black label that was submitted was so similar I didn't bother posting but since you mentioned it:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19344001000664

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC

A Benchmark BIB?  If it's priced to compete with the Suntory/Beam BIB, I'll buy one or two and work them to death in SBSs.  If it's more expensive by more than $2, PASS.

 

EDIT- well, not a complete pass - I'd buy one just to taste.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
I hadda come clean.
  • I like it 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry in WashDC
1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

The new EW Black label that was submitted was so similar I didn't bother posting but since you mentioned it:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19344001000664

I had to go get a dusty out of the bunker to compare with this new label.  My eyes aren't good enough anymore to see the differences.😎

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BDanner
On 12/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, kevinbrink said:

The new EW Black label that was submitted was so similar I didn't bother posting but since you mentioned it:

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19344001000664

Yes...very subtle. When I saw the new EW label hit and then saw no change in the 1783, I thought that maybe they had scrapped the rebrand. Wish I had done some screen shots while I was taking the survey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
tanstaafl2
4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Here is an interesting one, a blend of MGP Light Whiskey and Kozuba Polish Rye

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19317001000528

The name is at least somewhat amusing. I am less enthusiastic about the chances the whiskey is too although I will always try it if offered a pour!

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
1 minute ago, tanstaafl2 said:

The name is at least somewhat amusing. I am less enthusiastic about the chances the whiskey is too although I will always try it if offered a pour!

They have used that branding on a few different things, I think your assessment is probably correct and I'm right there with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tanstaafl2
3 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

They have used that branding on a few different things, I think your assessment is probably correct and I'm right there with you!

If there really are only 85 bottles as the label suggests (I suppose it could be a place holder or there are multiple barrels of that less than encouraging "15  gallon rye barrels" it is "married in")  then I am not sure just how "Obtanium-able" it will be!

 

 

 

 

Edited by tanstaafl2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokinjoe
1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

If there really are only 85 bottles as the label suggests (I suppose it could be a place holder or there are multiple barrels of that less than encouraging "15  gallon rye barrels" it is "married in")  then I am not sure just how "Obtanium-able" it will be!

 

 

 

 

Blended by Jeff Mattingly.  I’m assuming the same J Mattingly as from Bourbon 30.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mbroo5880i
11 hours ago, flahute said:

I've had OF right out of the barrel once when doing a barrel pick and it was fantastic. I'm looking forward to this one.

I noticed this one too!  Right now, I am in on anything from OF that is high proof or has age on it.

  • I like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink

Not the most exciting few weeks of filings but nonetheless:

Grand Traverse "Old George" Straight Rye from MI

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19353001000723

And a BIB Wheat Whiskey

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19315001000512

 

Eastern Kille BIB Rye from MI

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19351001000654

And a BIB Bourbon

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19351001000532

 

A collaboration between Balcones and Shiner, if this has hops in it, it shouldn't be labeled Straight so would be nice to know

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19346001000179

 

A 4 Year old Straight Malt from TX

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19294001001194

 

A Striaght Single Malt with a Stranger Things vibe from GA

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19340001000922

And another Straight Single Malt

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19340001000917

 

A TN bottled MGP Straight Wheat Whiskey

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19350001000578

 

A Label Revision for Whistlepig 12

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19340001000803

 

Not really sure where to start here

https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=19311001000802

Edited by kevinbrink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vosgar
7 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I'll start......

 

From the minutes of a meeting of The Distillers Club:

"What kind of insane name and label can we come up with for a bottle of booze that people will buy because of its novelty? Who cares what's in the bottle!"

  • I like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kevinbrink
WhiskeyBlender
On 12/27/2019 at 8:12 AM, flahute said:

I've had OF right out of the barrel once when doing a barrel pick and it was fantastic. I'm looking forward to this one.

@flahute, please excuse me while I mop up my drool off the floor. 

 

Wow, that must have been an amazing experience to have some OF directly from the barrel, out in the elements in the warehouse, pre-filtration and at cask strength. C'est tres delicieux! 😍🥃

Edited by WhiskeyBlender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.