Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

On 11/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Yes, but have you tried our Kool-Aid? 

That LE vertices sounds amazing. 

It was a great time.  Always a good sign when the Four Roses LE's outnumber the attendees (the 2020 is just out of frame).

1151429020_IMG_3487(1).thumb.jpg.41f58ddd0dbc52f9caf5555364f9b8a7.jpg

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

It was a great time.  Always a good sign when the Four Roses LE's outnumber the attendees (the 2020 is just out of frame).

WOW - what a night!   Is that Booker's 30th?   One of my favs of all time.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, geclbxf said:

WOW - what a night!   Is that Booker's 30th?   One of my favs of all time.

Yeah.  The 8 Four Roses LE's were coordinated beforehand.  The backrow was the night's "bonus" pours.  There were some great bonus pours: Booker's 30, Willett 11 year, CYPB, Michter's BS Rye 2016, Michter's Toasted Rye 2017 and 2020, a John J Bowman pick, and a bunch of other picks.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Yeah.  The 8 Four Roses LE's were coordinated beforehand.  The backrow was the night's "bonus" pours.  There were some great bonus pours: Booker's 30, Willett 11 year, CYPB, Michter's BS Rye 2016, Michter's Toasted Rye 2017 and 2020, a John J Bowman pick, and a bunch of other picks.

What a great night!  Good for your guys!

On 11/18/2020 at 1:12 AM, JoeTerp said:

Damn!

?

Im getting a hangover just looking at the pic.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:54 PM, 0895 said:

Damn!

?

Im getting a hangover just looking at the pic.

Maybe next year if things get back to normal you can make it out again

• I like it 1

I wanted to share the sorry state of my stash. I’ve been drinking more and buying less since 2017, and then covid happened. This is the result. Gotta fix it soon. And yeah, no bourbon at all at the moment. But still a few good quality picks to pull me through. 

40FEEFF5-7B2E-4CFB-BB8F-B3C04811C48B.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Alright, off with his head!  

That’s because bourbon’s the first to go when I replace them :) Mercy?

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

That’s because bourbon’s the first to go when I replace them :) Mercy?

Stay of execution granted.  I'm easy ?

10 hours ago, Kane said:

I wanted to share the sorry state of my stash. I’ve been drinking more and buying less since 2017, and then covid happened. This is the result. Gotta fix it soon. And yeah, no bourbon at all at the moment. But still a few good quality picks to pull me through. 

At least there is rye present.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:54 PM, Kane said:

I see some Laphrogy so you’re forgiven.

Not all of my stash but we moved into our new house over the last week, and I’m getting stuff into cabinets now which feels god 

EAADCDD0-C018-4315-8FF5-1E384DDDAF12.jpeg

• I like it 10

29 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Not all of my stash but we moved into our new house over the last week, and I’m getting stuff into cabinets now which feels

I like how you prioritized finding a place for your whiskey over the pots and pans!

Edited by webfoots
  • I like it 6

7 minutes ago, webfoots said:

I like how you prioritized finding a place for your whiskey over the pots and pans!

My wife is funny. She was encouraging me to pick different areas to fill with bottles a d bar stuff. At our previous house my stuff was always in closets, and my open bottles were always in a cabinet under a sink. Here I claimed a spot with glass doors for my working bar area. This stuff is all going to get torn out when we remodel this house but it’s fun for now 

410E2F1C-6501-4F58-BD58-DBA3A1838903.jpeg

• I like it 3

Slowly converting my den (used to be an attached garage) into a man cave. Finished my floating shelves yesterday. 

spacer.png

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, Wlrogers said:

Slowly converting my den (used to be an attached garage) into a man cave. Finished my floating shelves yesterday. 

The shelves look great. I am thinking about adding a few about the same width (~60") in my basement. Did you build them yourself, and if so how did you reinforce for weight?

2 hours ago, dad-proof said:

The shelves look great. I am thinking about adding a few about the same width (~60") in my basement. Did you build them yourself, and if so how did you reinforce for weight?

Yes, me and a wood working friend built it.  This is a solid piece of African Mohogany, not a "box beam.".  They are anchored to the studs in 3 different locations with a 5" construction screw. The house would fall before the shelves would come down.  We basically stripped off a 1.5" piece from each shelf using a table saw.  We then used the 4" remainder to anchor into the wall.  Once the 4" piece was anchored we doweled and glued the 1.5" piece on to create the "floating" affect.  This may be very confusing and if it is, I'd be glad to make a few sketches of the build.  We cut, ran though planer, sanded, routed a round edge, sanded, attached.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wlrogers said:

Yes, me and a wood working friend built it.  This is a solid piece of African Mohogany, not a "box beam.".  They are anchored to the studs in 3 different locations with a 5" construction screw. The house would fall before the shelves would come down.  We basically stripped off a 1.5" piece from each shelf using a table saw.  We then used the 4" remainder to anchor into the wall.  Once the 4" piece was anchored we doweled and glued the 1.5" piece on to create the "floating" affect.  This may be very confusing and if it is, I'd be glad to make a few sketches of the build.  We cut, ran though planer, sanded, routed a round edge, sanded, attached.

Nicely done-- is there a lip on the outer edge? I'm been having issues with my bottles “dancing” on the shelves due to the increased big rig traffic around these parts.

59 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Nicely done-- is there a lip on the outer edge? I'm been having issues with my bottles “dancing” on the shelves due to the increased big rig traffic around these parts.

I’ve never seen a big truck on my road but there’s not a ledge.. and thanks!

5 hours ago, Wlrogers said:

Makes perfect sense. Thanks. My small bar area will have a butcher block countertop, and I was thinking about buying a few extra feet to rip into shelves. I like your approach and should be able to replicate.

While I don't have big rig traffic to contend with, I do have 4 rambunctious kids and this will share a wall with the stairs, so I should probably think about a ledge as well. Three 6" shelves should leave enough to give the front strip an extra inch of height.

18 hours ago, Wlrogers said:

I'd like to see those sketches!  

19 hours ago, ThirstyinOhio said:

same here - this thread has turned into the DIY channel

On 12/8/2020 at 10:06 AM, ThirstyinOhio said:

On 12/9/2020 at 5:34 AM, geclbxf said:

same here - this thread has turned into the DIY channel

I will post tomorrow!