Show Us Your Stash - Volume 5

Jfletchgu

1 hour ago, DEH1212 said:

20200108_193933.jpg

20200108_193942.jpg

Very attractive setup, nice backsplash, and Bourbon stash you have there, @DEH1212! Love the BF Buffalo as well! 

Also can't help but ask, is that batch #1 or 2 of MHC-Special you have there on the upper leftmost corner? 

Thanks-- the sheer weight of the bottles is going to be the problem. Going to be quite a few back-and-forth trips.

I would think if you could afford a collection like that, you could also afford to pay someone else to move it.

28 minutes ago, jodytek said:

I would think if you could afford a collection like that, you could also afford to pay someone else to move it.

If you have a collection like his, you trust no one

• I like it 14

9 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

Very attractive setup, nice backsplash, and Bourbon stash you have there, @DEH1212! Love the BF Buffalo as well! 

Also can't help but ask, is that batch #1 or 2 of MHC-Special you have there on the upper leftmost corner? 

The wife and I took a trip to DC last year and JM distillery was on my list to visit.  I am a huge fan of MH bourbon (thanks to Liquor Hound Recomendation).  Visited the MH lounge and  was able to get a bottle from bartender!  Truthfully the Cigar Blend was my favorite from the tasting but I could not find nor will I find it looks like.  

20200113_220850.jpg

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

Whelp, this is as big as the current bunker will ever get so I’ll post a final picture.  Weight concerns and the unit is not attached to the wall so tip potential as well. Most importantly, we will likely be moving in the next 12 months so I will be severely thinning the herd, trying to limit unnecessary purchases and slowly moving full boxes to a different location to store until post move.

Hopefully next time I post a picture here it will be with a brand new setup/location!

3052AABF-8A2F-43D0-BBAB-DE7FAC7AA96C.jpeg

• I like it 6

25 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

so I will be severely thinning the herd, trying to limit unnecessary purchases and slowly moving full boxes to a different location to store until post move.

I humbly offer my SUV and basement to you.

?

2 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Whelp, this is as big as the current bunker will ever get so I’ll post a final picture.  Weight concerns and the unit is not attached to the wall so tip potential as well. Most importantly, we will likely be moving in the next 12 months so I will be severely thinning the herd, trying to limit unnecessary purchases and slowly moving full boxes to a different location to store until post move.

Hopefully next time I post a picture here it will be with a brand new setup/location!

Fonseca port?  A vintage?  I loaded up on the 1985 circa 1992.  I'm too old to buy-and-hold, now, but I like the Fonseca better than its competitors, a few of which I also have of comparable age or older.  Last port I bought by the bottle was in 2000 just for fun - one each TF, Dow's, Warre's, Graham's, and of course Fonseca.  My most consumed port?  Whiskers Blake Tawny.  Osborne White Port makes a GREAT sangria.  ASIDE - my mouth is now watering.  Time to go clean off a bottle and decant, I guess.

23 hours ago, 0895 said:

I humbly offer my SUV and basement to you.

?

How courteous, perhaps with a little transportation and storage tariff for your troubles!   :)  I think the big winner will end up being whomever is around when everything gets unpacked, whenever that may be.

21 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Fonseca port?  A vintage?  I loaded up on the 1985 circa 1992.  I'm too old to buy-and-hold, now, but I like the Fonseca better than its competitors, a few of which I also have of comparable age or older.  Last port I bought by the bottle was in 2000 just for fun - one each TF, Dow's, Warre's, Graham's, and of course Fonseca.  My most consumed port?  Whiskers Blake Tawny.  Osborne White Port makes a GREAT sangria.  ASIDE - my mouth is now watering.  Time to go clean off a bottle and decant, I guess.

Yes, 2003 vintage!  My father has always been a big wine guy and I was spoiled by numerous '77 Fonseca Vintage Port bottles.  I believe I have 2 full and 4 half bottles of the 2003 resting in a basement somewhere.  The box is from the half bottles and just happened to fit  in my shelving unit.   It holds 6 rows of 8 100ml bottles absolutely perfectly.  I am constantly filling 1-2 samples from bottles as they get towards the end.  Allows me to revisit something unique or to have a comparison for a SBS when something new comes out.  And great for travel as well.  I will post a picture later today.  

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

How courteous, perhaps with a little transportation and storage tariff for your troubles!   :)  I think the big winner will end up being whomever is around when everything gets unpacked, whenever that may be.

Yes, 2003 vintage!  My father has always been a big wine guy and I was spoiled by numerous '77 Fonseca Vintage Port bottles.  I believe I have 2 full and 4 half bottles of the 2003 resting in a basement somewhere.  The box is from the half bottles and just happened to fit  in my shelving unit.   It holds 6 rows of 8 100ml bottles absolutely perfectly.  I am constantly filling 1-2 samples from bottles as they get towards the end.  Allows me to revisit something unique or to have a comparison for a SBS when something new comes out.  And great for travel as well.  I will post a picture later today.  

I have one 1977 - a Taylor Fladgate my wife gave me many years ago.  We do have a target date for opening it coming up in a very few years.

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I have one 1977 - a Taylor Fladgate my wife gave me many years ago.  We do have a target date for opening it coming up in a very few years.

Very nice! I am visiting with my Dad in March for his birthday. I’m sure he will be opening some great wines/port. 

Here is what’s currently in the Fonseca box, it’s about as full as it has ever been!

54ECCC71-B3A6-4BAC-99C8-4EF1DF296630.jpeg

• I like it 1

Ok y’all take it easy on me. I’m new to having a bar of bottle like y’all and “good bottles” when it comes to most of your collections. I have always had my go to 5-6 bottles on tap but as I learn here I keep adding weekly. My house has become the “poker night” spot and I love sharing bottles with friends   and having a wide variety for everyone. 

Selection here is still slim in the local area but I’ll venture to more Ryes and have a new found passion to exploring barrel Proofs and store picks! 

Love being a member here! Hope I can look back at this post in a year and chuckle! 

71607B45-D5E1-40A8-9697-FD3194B20BFC.jpeg

Edited by Not_That_Fancy
  • I like it 10

7 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Ok y’all take it easy on me. I’m new to having a bar of bottle like y’all and “good bottles” when it comes to most of your collections. I have always had my go to 5-6 bottles on tap but as I learn here I keep adding weekly. My house has become the “poker night” spot and I love sharing bottles with friends   and having a wide variety for everyone. 

Selection here is still slim in the local area but I’ll venture to more Ryes and have a new found passion to exploring barrel Proofs and store picks! 

Love being a member here! Hope I can look back at this post in a year and chuckle! 

There’s not a thing wrong with your collection. And FWIW, you should fit in nicely here. ;)

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I see a nice selection of variety and a lot of what most of us here consider to be necessary staples. I think you are doing just fine!

1 hour ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I’d happily drink off that bar all night! Especially at a card game!

• I like it 1

Thanks much guys. I appreciate it. Once I get out of this Uncle Sam paying life I plan to expand the collection within my budget. I did pass on a bottle of O.F.C today for $2500 ??

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I don't know man, that looks damn_fancy to me.

9 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

Thanks much guys. I appreciate it. Once I get out of this Uncle Sam paying life I plan to expand the collection within my budget. I did pass on a bottle of O.F.C today for $2500 ??

Good pass. Is that what the level is for?

4 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

Good pass. Is that what the level is for?

My “Bar” is the top of a tool box in the garage. 

• I like it 7

9 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

My “Bar” is the top of a tool box in the garage. 

Hell, now that is a true mancave right there. Well done sir!

Finally got a chance to get out the stash, dust them off, and take pictures with the wife being gone for a week.  Found several bottles I had forgotten about:}

Started collecting long ago.  Feel sorry for the newbies starting from scratch. 

Share and Enjoy!

Eagle Rare Stash Jan 2020.jpg

Various other bourbon stash Jan 2020.jpg

Four Roses Stash Jan 2020.jpg

Old Scout Stash Jan 2020.jpg

Pappy Stash Feb 2020.jpg

Weller stash Feb 2020.jpg

• I like it 16

4 hours ago, VWIndy said:

Finally got a chance to get out the stash, dust them off, and take pictures with the wife being gone for a week.  Found several bottles I had forgotten about:}

Started collecting long ago.  Feel sorry for the newbies starting from scratch. 

Share and Enjoy!

Pappy Stash Feb 2020.jpg

I'm very jealous of that VWFR Rye...

• I like it 1