What bourbon are you enjoying (Winter 2018)?

Mako254
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A sbsbs of three 14+ year old KCs. All are good, but one has the perfect balance of proof, oak, vanilla, and spice. The other two are bordering on being too tannic and bitter. 

I eluded to this last week, but I sure am glad they kicked the old label to the curb. Maybe this has been discussed already, but why didnt they take a cue from RR and remove the "small batch" from their single barrell label? C'mon Suntory!

20190306_185936.jpg

• I like it 2

From deep in the bunker (which I am slowly, ever so slowly, winnowing): HMcK BIB 10YR Barrel 1121, barreled on 7 NOV 2003.  It's been in my bunker since about June 2014 when it hit the shelves.

The winnowing will make room for some stuff I may buy tomorrow.  IF it is still behind the counter.

• I like it 4

Hey Harry, now I understand why you saved the older screw cap bottle.  Getting the stopper out of this OGD bottle was not easy.  The whiskey is very nice.

• I like it 1

Having a leisurely lunch downstairs at Cap. This WT101 goes out to you G10. :)

54196029_w(2).thumb.jpg.c2bfb516399549b0ca9ef625a9458e03.jpg 

• I like it 2

A small happy Thursday pour. VOB bonded 6yr. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed this. I don't like it as well HHBIB,  but still a very solid pour.

My son was born 7 weeks early yesterday. He and mother are fine. Nathan will be in nicu for a bit. A bourbon amigo got me a boston round at the hosp around midnight. 

969B421B-7FF5-4F12-BBAF-B5A568AF392B.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 19

7 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

My son was born 7 weeks early yesterday. He and mother are fine. Nathan will be in nicu for a bit. A bourbon amigo got me a boston round at the hosp around midnight. 

Cheers! Good to hear they're both doing well. 

969B421B-7FF5-4F12-BBAF-B5A568AF392B.thumb.jpeg.2d2b3a49e0efa1d2dbe61c422c74e76d.jpeg

Congrats, very happy everyone is ok, enjoy that pour.
  • I like it 1

21 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Congratulations, and cheers to you all!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Congrats! And try and get some sleep while you still can!!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Mako254 said:

Congratulations bro! I’m glad mom and baby are well. I hope he packs on the weight quick and gets to come home soon. 

Larceny has been a regular in my lineup since it’s introduction, but I had not refilled for a couple of months for some reason.  Picked up a bottle on a trip out of town this week, and enjoyed a few pours last night in my hotel.  Maybe, absence made my palate grow fonder, but damn do I love this whiskey.  I had forgotten how much the semi-sweet chocolate note is present throughout, and how it works so well for me.  

2 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Congratulations, and Very Best Wishes for Good Health for Mom, Baby, and Yourself, Mako!     Hope that little guy is able to head into the loving confines of Home and Family really soon.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. 

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Cheers! Good to hear they're both doing well. 

Congrats to you and your family!

4 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Congrats to all!

Cheers and congrats, best to you and your family!

Congrats, brother. From someone that had both kids spend time there, ignore the bleeps and blaps of the monitors and don’t look directly at the bili lights!

969B421B-7FF5-4F12-BBAF-B5A568AF392B.thumb.jpeg.2d2b3a49e0efa1d2dbe61c422c74e76d.jpeg

Congratulations and hope everyone gets to go home soon!

Late last night, after a road trip unrelated to bourbon hunting, I relaxed with a newly acquired VOB 100 proof (NO BIB designation) which was one of several I picked up as VOB 100 is hit or miss here.  I sort of wish I'd cleared the shelf.  Not really.  Well, sort of.

Going to toast Mako et son famille tonight with it.

• I like it 1

Spring allergies had been keeping me from nosing worth a damn for the last week or more. Today the fog cleared, so celebrating with some WLW 2014. Damn this is a fine whiskey, and I can't recall ever enjoying it more. TGIF!

Yet another long week. <_<  After supper, it will be a pour (or two) of my 2019 Weller Blend.  After that......? 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.