What bottle(s) did you open today? Winter 2018-19

Kepler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After having a couple MM46 at the bar with dinner I popped the cork on George Remus. No doubt about the MGP nose and flavors. First impression is fairly positive for $32ish. Not bad at all.

Opened my first bottle of Kentucky Owl rye to celebrate the end of another week.  I am not a rye fan, especially, but this is terrific stuff!  Beautiful color, wonderful aroma, and rich, mouth-coating goodness inside.  Yes, sir, life is good!

Kentucky Owl Rye.jpg

• I like it 5

Two interviews this week = two job offers. Celebrating me by cracking this. IMG_1197.jpg

• I like it 11

Opened a 'new' (bought a few moths ago... shot in the dark barrel) Henry McKenna 10-year BIB.    Pretty good.    Not stellar as some barrel #'s I have bunkered; but quite enjoyable.

Opened a David Nicholson 100 proof. Bought it today based on some comments in the unpopular opinion thread. It’s certainly not bad. Nose, taste, and mouthfeel all scream wheater. Need to have some when I haven’t already partaken and compare it to Larceny and WSR maybe. Right now I’d rate it above either of those.

• I like it 1

enhance

This is pretty much hot garbage mixed with rubbing alcohol, especially following the OE7

• I like it 1

Opened a new bottle of a EC Store Pick that is 10 years old. It was very good. It had a nice balance and a little more oak forward like the old EC12 was for me. The finish could have lasted a touch longer, but it was still a very nice pour.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:33 PM, Statesboro Blues said:

I never really hear anything about this bourbon and I typically shy away from low proof bourbons, but this stuff has surprised the hell out of me and is delicious. Sweet on the front of the palate, spicy and smoky mid, leather on the backend, and the finish lasts forever. Very underrated IMO. 

9EF7B077-B187-4AD2-A03D-946590029078.jpeg

good to hear. I have a bottle bunkered

• I like it 1

Not bad, spicy and smokey with a smooth finish.  I've compared the other batches and there is definitely a difference but don't know it's the blend or the playlists....Here's to you, Dave!

pic1.jpg

• I like it 1

Good old OGD with the black cap in the handle, creamy goodness.

Wasn’t a huge fan of IW Harper 15 yr, but the bottle makes a great decanter.

IMG_6280.JPG

Also killing off a mew OC101.

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, pyro273 said:

Not bad, spicy and smokey with a smooth finish.  I've compared the other batches and there is definitely a difference but don't know it's the blend or the playlists....Here's to you, Dave!

pic1.jpg

Can't wait to have a sip of this and go see them live on Saturday with friends!!! Cheers.

21 minutes ago, elmossle said:

Can't wait to have a sip of this and go see them live on Saturday with friends!!! Cheers.

So jealous.  Should have gone and seen them when they were in ATL.  I keep waiting for them to hook up with the SFO orchestra again..awesome album.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Good old OGD with the black cap in the handle, creamy goodness.

Wasn’t a huge fan of IW Harper 15 yr, but the bottle makes a great decanter.

IMG_6280.JPG

Also killing off a mew OC101.

When I saw this post had a thumbs up I knew it was from Kevin. :) I know this is the wrong thread but black caps have better juice than synthetic corks. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, elmossle said:

You will not be disappointed! They can still bring it and have not lost a step in the slightest.

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, flahute said:

You will not be disappointed! They can still bring it and have not lost a step in the slightest.

Absolutely!!! I've lost track on how many times I have seen them live as it is well over a dozen now. Saw them during the summer stadium tour back in 2017 before we moved. The only show I have ever left somewhat disappointed was Summer Sanatarium at Kentucky Speedway in 2000 or 2001. James hurt his back and they couldn't perform the show. Instead, they had a huge jam session with the other bands from the event which was cool and unique.

Yesterday a nice bottle was emptied, thus making room for a different nice bottle to take it’s place.  My last bottle of this, so I will try to stretch it out a little. 

175D7091-BBE5-4C91-A887-9A530C739BBE.jpeg

• I like it 4

18 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Yesterday a nice bottle was emptied, thus making room for a different nice bottle to take it’s place.  My last bottle of this, so I will try to stretch it out a little. 

175D7091-BBE5-4C91-A887-9A530C739BBE.jpeg

Wow, I'm jealous of that one.  Going to crack a Rock Hill Farms because that is as close as I can get!

• I like it 1

Actually pretty good for Dickel. 

After I let it breathe for a bit some nice cherry & caramel flavors showed up and the vitamin notes fell into the background. 

It ain’t like the old SAOS MGP, but I can drink and enjoy this.

77F804D5-8C56-4A25-AEB4-E6D25409CC9B.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 6

On 3/3/2019 at 11:05 PM, CUfan99 said:

When I saw this post had a thumbs up I knew it was from Kevin. :) I know this is the wrong thread but black caps have better juice than synthetic corks. 

Them black caps are magic I say ;)

• I like it 1

Them black caps are magic I say [emoji6]

Haha it’s good stuff, but it’s not dusty ND.
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.