What bottle(s) did you open today? Winter 2018-19

Kepler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just now, kevinbrink said:

Been awhile since I saw one of those, ugly label, real pretty whiskey!

It's like a professionally produced brown paper bag. But the stuff inside is definitely pretty. 

• I like it 4

53 minutes ago, beasled said:

It's like a professionally produced brown paper bag. But the stuff inside is definitely pretty. 

Heehee!  Nice. 

Opened a newly purchased Jack Daniel’s Barrel Proof today.  This whiskey never disappoints.  The color is awesomely dark, and the nose is to die for.  High marks all the way through.

B8790845-B61F-4D37-9FAC-13DC63AED359.jpeg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, pouringwhiskey said:

My fiance picked this up for me for Valentine's Day. Admittedly this is my first time trying anything 4R! I have to say I am a fan, it's a bit spicier than most of my other bourbons, not to say that is a bad thing by any means, but I can definitely taste the rye spice here!

I couldn't post this without pointing out the fact that I got the short end of the stick... I had to buy a dozen roses, and she only had to buy four. 

4RSiB.jpg

Ah, your first time trying Four Roses.  It like your first time, uhm, riding a bicycle.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  What did you think I was going to say?  :P

3 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Somehow the math works out in your favor when I use my calculator.

A dozen roses for Four Roses is a double win.  You get credit for the roses and you get the enjoy the Roses.  Its like adding money to your "love" account. 

7 hours ago, beasled said:

Well said. 

Cracked open something new that I purchased a week or 2 or so ago:   Barrell batch #17.  Thought I'd give it a whirl.

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Opened a SFTB tonight 

Nice. BTW, I appreciate that you included the wax ring & clip in your pic. ;) 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 2/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, beasled said:

Quite frankly one of the best Turkeys I've had. Deep, rich, sweet, just perfection. 

20190215_214021.jpg

Quite frankly. I’m jealous. One of the turkeys I couldn’t add to my flock

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

Quite frankly. I’m jealous. One of the turkeys I couldn’t add to my flock

I'm at the same time thrilled to have it and gutted to only have the one...

I never really hear anything about this bourbon and I typically shy away from low proof bourbons, but this stuff has surprised the hell out of me and is delicious. Sweet on the front of the palate, spicy and smoky mid, leather on the backend, and the finish lasts forever. Very underrated IMO. 

9EF7B077-B187-4AD2-A03D-946590029078.jpeg

2 hours ago, Statesboro Blues said:

I never really hear anything about this bourbon and I typically shy away from low proof bourbons, but this stuff has surprised the hell out of me and is delicious. Sweet on the front of the palate, spicy and smoky mid, leather on the backend, and the finish lasts forever. Very underrated IMO. 

9EF7B077-B187-4AD2-A03D-946590029078.jpeg

This is one of those that fell in the over priced at the time but now doesn’t seem so bad. With the filtering they put on this it is a Very easy drinker. Very sweet easy drinking and same name as my daughter!

4 hours ago, beasled said:

I'm at the same time thrilled to have it and gutted to only have the one...

Its proofed down 101/12 year correct? 

LL/GJ code. Cannot say whether it’s head and shoulders above my last bottle, but this is damn good.  I’ve made some blunders in the past casually going through all my bottles of things like Old Fitz BiB, HH6BiB just before they went “poof” and W107 right before the price increase.  So the new plan is to buy a bottle/handle of this every trip for the foreseeable future.  

3E4BDB3C-5BB6-4361-A40A-E80280C9225F.jpeg

• I like it 2

Bunker diving again 

I’ve only bought 1 bottle this year, a blantons 

0AE5BDE3-02E8-46E0-9A98-0B1AFF42161D.jpeg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.