What Bourbon did you purchase today (Winter 2018)

kevinbrink
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's been an expensive week. Both Blanton's are O bottles. Can't find the elusive B.

Got home and took inventory. 21 open bottles on the bar and ~71 full bottles. The margin of error is around +/- 2 bottles because a few are at work and in a box in my closet.

20190131_212539-1612x784.jpg

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

It's been an expensive week. Both Blanton's are O bottles. Can't find the elusive B.

Got home and took inventory. 21 open bottles on the bar and ~71 full bottles. The margin of error is around +/- 2 bottles because a few are at work and in a box in my closet.

20190131_212539-1612x784.jpg

If you're ever looking to trade for a B topper, I have a pair, so I'm willing to part with one of them.  Just let me know.

I picked up a 750 and a 1.75 WSR today after work, along with an extra Eagle Rare for the stash.  The manager informed me that the WSR price increase has just taken affect, but he let me have those two at the previous prices.  Thankfully I have a few bottles of the ER saved up for the wife now, and when that price increase hits it will not hurt for a little while.

Old Forester 100 Proof Rye.  Tasting it right now.  Very, very nice. For $23, a new go-to hereabouts.

Thanks I don’t recall anyone posting that they got this yet.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks I don’t recall anyone posting that they got this yet.

Yeah I was surprised to see it didn't already have its own thread.  It will soon tho, I would imagine !

46 minutes ago, Steven C said:

Old Forester 100 Proof Rye.  Tasting it right now.  Very, very nice. For $23, a new go-to hereabouts.

Where did you find it?

Got a CEHT Straight Rye for myself, a CEHT SmB & ER 10 for a buddy and an ET BIB to take to the Super Bowl party.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Steven C said:

Yeah I was surprised to see it didn't already have its own thread.  It will soon tho, I would imagine !

It does, but it’s in the rye section. Still not many reviews yet though.

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

Where did you find it?

Binny's Rich...I think it's going to be everywhere here pretty soon...  : )

7 hours ago, Steven C said:

Binny's Rich...I think it's going to be everywhere here pretty soon...  : )

Where is "here", Steven?

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

You can't get there from here. ;)

Thank goodness. :lol:

Biba! Joe

54 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thank goodness. :lol:

Biba! Joe

Since you don't want to share ;) I went out and bought this since it was on clearance for $39.09 which is $20.90 off the regular price.  Don't know why the state is getting rid of this particular product. (funky bottle?? :)  )  Thanks to a fellow SB'r for the heads up on this sale.

IMG_0210.JPG

• I like it 2

35 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Since you don't want to share ;) I went out and bought this since it was on clearance for $39.09 which is $20.90 off the regular price.  Don't know why the state is getting rid of this particular product. (funky bottle?? :)  )  Thanks to a fellow SB'r for the heads up on this sale.

IMG_0210.JPG

I feel like $40 is the perfect price point for KS. I'll likely pick up another bottle or 2 of a local store pick for $48 before the bottle is gone. 

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

IMG_0210.JPG

They’re changing the bottle. I think they’re trying to get rid of all the old bottle stick before the new one goes out. 

I had to stop at the store last night on my way home from work because I needed just a few more items to make my chili for tomorrow. Naturally, I had to stop at the liquor store. -_-  I picked a good day for a change. The manager had just put out Weller SR, Blanton's and one ETL. All were behind the counter with a sign "Limit One". I figured I'd grab 'em on the way out, so I went to the bourbon aisle to peruse what was there. I was only there a few minutes and decided to head out. Well, the ETL was gone, but I still grabbed a Weller SR and a Blanton's. ^_^

Clueby: Our recent purchase came close to matching. Only differences were that I bought a 750 of Weller SR. However, the BT I bought a week or so ago was a handle. Interesting huh?  Bourbon brothers? :P

Biba! Joe

feb2.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Clueby: Our recent purchase came close to matching. Only differences were that I bought a 750 of Weller SR. However, the BT I bought a week or so ago was a handle. Interesting huh?  Bourbon brothers? :P

Biba! Joe

feb2.jpeg

You have good taste. :D

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

They’re changing the bottle. I think they’re trying to get rid of all the old bottle stick before the new one goes out. 

Probably, but I can’t say the owner is the sharpest knife in the drawer.   :D

58 minutes ago, Clueby said:

You have good taste. :D

Likewise sir! ^_^

Biba! Joe

Was heading to the ABC to grab a bottle of OF Statesman for a buddy’s birthday dinner tonight who loves OF. Stopped by TW on the way in case they had something. Turns out they had OF1915. Neither of us has had it, so I called an audible and grabbed one for him and one for myself for $60 per. Also grabbed a store select RRSiB that I tried at the counter and was really good. The RR was priced at $60, but because it’s a TW Spirits Direct label, I was able to use a 10% coupon to get it down to $54. 

Edited by Charlutz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.