What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Spring 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not sure this classifies as a true “dusty”, but here’s the cleaned up bottle.. It WAS dusty! Found at a local package store I’d never been in situated off a gas station. Known for cheaper bottom shelf picks, I thought I’d check it out. Haven’t seen this version in any LS’s I frequent here.

2256279E-B66E-4DC6-BED2-96F5C241E60E.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, hollywood said:

Not sure this classifies as a true “dusty”, but here’s the cleaned up bottle.. It WAS dusty! Found at a local package store I’d never been in situated off a gas station. Known for cheaper bottom shelf picks, I thought I’d check it out. Haven’t seen this version in any LS’s I frequent here.

OF Sig 100. Pretty common, and one of my favorite daily drinkers. Get ready for some yummy Banana Puddin’

On 4/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, Kepler said:

I had no idea anyone looked for age stated BH.  Never occurred to me.  I wonder how it compares to a normal OGD

I am going to go with OGD 1, BH 0.

• I like it 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, hollywood said:

That was the last label change for "Signature".  Early on it was still pretty good.  Later batches were bottom shelf dogs and cats.  Good luck.  

24 minutes ago, hollywood said:

The force strong with you it is.. ;) 

:lol::lol::lol:

4 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Everyone raves about the EWBIB. I thought I’d try the shelf below that. 

AFF63FAC-D824-4FB5-8D30-D743F312F65F.jpeg

Your shelf, or theirs?  ?

Seriously, I think you might like that better than the EW BiB.

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Supercharger said:

The Dant isn't available in CA but I got a bottle from a store in NY to accompany an Armagnac that I ordered.  Have to say, I think the Dant is pretty good - at least on par with the EW.  Love the liter bottle too...

I was in Bardstown last week/weekend for our 2019 Spring Bash. The last few years, I really didn't bring back very many bottles. I kinda made up for it this year. :P

In the first two pics below, my arm was twisted to buy a couple of bottles. <_< One was a gift. :) A few others I went down the wayward path willingly. ;)  I bought the 375 and 50 ml BT's on a whim to complete my Buffalo family. (Pic #3) Unless they make a 200 ml. :mellow: And yes, a couple were purchased for friends.

Biba! Joe

bash1.jpeg

bash2.jpeg

bash3.jpeg

• I like it 7

I think I posted this before but was pleasantly surprised to still see them available at my local LS. How does a near 14yr old, 120 proof, major house bourbon sit on the shelves for $38 for any length of time? I guess maybe they're all chasing down HMcK. :) Oh, those taters.

KC.thumb.jpg.934e778fe369deb8afb85a25c2e5ca6d.jpg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, FacePlant said:

I think I posted this before but was pleasantly surprised to still see them available at my local LS. How does a near 14yr old, 120 proof, major house bourbon sit on the shelves for $38 for any length of time? I guess maybe they're all chasing down HMcK. :) Oh, those taters.

KC.thumb.jpg.934e778fe369deb8afb85a25c2e5ca6d.jpg

Sweet! Nice pick up! For the $38 I’d almost feel guilty.. Almost... ;) 

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I was in Bardstown last week/weekend for our 2019 Spring Bash. The last few years, I really didn't bring back very many bottles. I kinda made up for it this year. :P

I

Fixed it for ya'!   ☺️

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

20 hours ago, 0895 said:

Your shelf, or theirs?  ?

Seriously, I think you might like that better than the EW BiB.

Same here

23 hours ago, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

0CBB171C-C4A2-4F55-BED5-BDE20BC2BED4.jpeg

What are your thoughts?  Not coming to OK for awhile, but I'll be in Kentucky next week. Was considering picking up a few bottles.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

In the first two pics below, my arm was twisted to buy a couple of bottles. <_< One was a gift. :) A few others I went down the wayward path willingly. ;)  I bought the 375 and 50 ml BT's on a whim to complete my Buffalo family. (Pic #3) Unless they make a 200 ml. :mellow: And yes, a couple were purchased for friends.

Biba! Joe

bash1.jpeg

bash2.jpeg

bash3.jpeg

Cant wait to try the bourbon balls from 1792.  Missed them on my last trip, but I love the BT Bourbon Cream so I assume I'll love the bourbon balls!

1 hour ago, TimeWillTell said:

What are your thoughts?  Not coming to OK for awhile, but I'll be in Kentucky next week. Was considering picking up a few bottles.

So far I’m enjoying it quite a bit.  It’s a pretty balanced bourbon to me.  I wouldn’t hesitate to pick one up if you’re already going to be in KY.  I can see this one letting some people down because of the hype.  I don’t think it’s going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but the Four Roses faithful should enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, BourbonTexan said:

Purchased 3 bottles of Blantons Gold today!

Congrats, what are your impressions?

Purchased last week, but the mail arrived today.

IMG_0952.jpg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Like many folks on here, mine finally arrived. 

Yay!

I  just opened the one I purchased  last weekend in Bardstown. It’s pretty good. Maybe not quite $60.00 good, but it is good. Even though there may be hints of the 4R’s profile, it’s a bit different. In a good way though. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

On 4/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Supercharger said:

AFF63FAC-D824-4FB5-8D30-D743F312F65F.jpeg

This is my regular pour and is my favorite of the HH BIBs.  It doesn't hurt that I can only find it around here in 1.75L.  Never actually seen a 1L bottle of it before.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.