What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today, Summer 2019

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, silverc said:

OBSF from Potomac W&S

OBSF from Schneider's of Capitol Hill

OBSV from Pine Orchard

OESV from Total Wine (Laurel, MD store)

I passed on an OBSV and an OESK from Schneider's that were $89 each. Schneider's also had a Belle Meade Cask Strength Cognac Finish selected for Washington DC that was $109 that I wanted to get but skipped.

IMG_7075.JPG

Thanks for posting.  I was curious too and may have to see about getting that Pine Orchard pick.  I like the V's and like you I like having some backups around.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, silverc said:

On a side note, anybody seen the variant KCSB label before? When I was at Potomac W&S in DC, they said they split a barrel with another place. They had some of them with the regular label and their name on it, and then they had a couple with this label I've never seen before with the name of the other place (Aman & Anil). It's a sticker that is placed over the regular older-style KCSB label.

IMG_7086 small.jpg

Nice pick ups .  No I've never seen that KC label before but I'd guess that it's just one of the PS custom labels that everyone's doing these days.  Looks good though.

Recently picked up some EC PS and yet another bottle of wt101.  Can't help myself sometimes.

• I like it 1

My brother was visiting from Alabama this past weekend and he brought 10 bottles of Virgin 101 7yr that he found for me before he came up to visit. I already had a couple of bottles, so I think I’m set for a while now even though I’ve promised a few of these to others. [emoji3]

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

My brother was visiting from Alabama this past weekend and he brought 10 bottles of Virgin 101 7yr that he found for me before he came up to visit. I already had a couple of bottles, so I think I’m set for a while now even though I’ve promised a few of these to others. emoji3.png

You've heard that they're dropping the age statement, right? I'm going to buy a few more bottles and I'll be set for my daily drinker for a while.

You've heard that they're dropping the age statement, right? I'm going to buy a few more bottles and I'll be set for my daily drinker for a while.

Yes! Otherwise, I would have been fine with the number of bottles that I already had. I also wish that I had listened to my gut a year or so ago and stocked up on the HH 6yr BIB before they disappeared off the shelves in Kentucky.

16 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Yes! Otherwise, I would have been fine with the number of bottles that I already had. I also wish that I had listened to my gut a year or so ago and stocked up on the HH 6yr BIB before they disappeared off the shelves in Kentucky.

I completely missed it when the news broke or I would've picked up a few more. It'll be nice to have something bunkered that I don't feel guilty opening, though.

• I like it 1

Picked up a bottle of Chattanooga Whiskey 1816 Cask barrel proof . . . and now I can't remember why (seemed like a good idea at the time your honor?)

• I like it 2

enhance
Had the afternoon off so went on a mission. 

Not a 1792/Barton fan but really want to try the high rye. They did a new release right?

29 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Not a 1792/Barton fan but really want to try the high rye. They did a new release right?

I liked this expression but I found it very similar to VOB BiB. Didnt have them side by side so who knows. These are lazer coded 2018 so this isnt the new one. I think the new one is 12 year High Rye with a gray neck band. May be wrong about the 12 being High Rye though. 

I liked this expression but I found it very similar to VOB BiB. Didnt have them side by side so who knows. These are lazer coded 2018 so this isnt the new one. I think the new one is 12 year High Rye with a gray neck band. May be wrong about the 12 being High Rye though. 

Thanks not promising for me if you found it similar to the VOB BIB as I’m not a fan but could see that if you had them SBS.

Yeah I’m guessing the high rye may not be a one time release as this was almost certainly available before 2018. I’m on the lookout based on some positive comments Smokingjoe made on the high rye. I believe he said it’s the closest thing he’s had to Old Taylor produced at the old “castle” distillery. Definitely intrigued.

Some MGP goodies were delivered to me today. Sorry can't rotate the picture. 

saos.thumb.jpeg.c7008b11aa03f19c2a60a878ef9f5b93.jpeg

Cheers! 

Will.

• I like it 1

Some MGP goodies were delivered to me today. Sorry can't rotate the picture. 

saos.thumb.jpeg.c7008b11aa03f19c2a60a878ef9f5b93.jpeg

Cheers! 

Will.

That’s a lot of Mike and Ike.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Can't have to much of those ?

Will.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Sure sign of an addictive personality. :) 

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, FacePlant said:

Sure sign of an addictive personality. :) 

Bingo ?

On 7/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, FasterHorses said:

spacer.png

Had the afternoon off so went on a mission. 

Sweet!!!  I've got a handful of bottles from the last release (I think, been at least 6-9+ months), and still saw one on a shelf a month or two ago.  Still seeing BiB on a few shelves too.  

HR & BiB IMHO are the best current 1792 variants.  Thankfully they seem to hang around on some shelves here, so a lot less pressure to constantly surf.  

Hoping the 12yr shows up soon....

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, PowderKeg said:

Sweet!!!  I've got a handful of bottles from the last release (I think, been at least 6-9+ months), and still saw one on a shelf a month or two ago.  Still seeing BiB on a few shelves too.  

HR & BiB IMHO are the best current 1792 variants.  Thankfully they seem to hang around on some shelves here, so a lot less pressure to constantly surf.  

HR and BIB came and went within days here. I think the HR has been the best 1792 release.

10 hours ago, PowderKeg said:

Havent tried them all but I liked the HR ...but have only seen it at one place  at MSRP. Another place had it  behind glass. Ihave been seeing the BiB quite a bit for $36..its solid but I like the HR a little more.  FP PS was a little hot..may need to revisit the standard bottling.  like to try the sweet wheat one day. Have never seen it on the shelf though. Wonder if theyll ever release the SW or Port again. Maybe as a 12 year?

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Havent tried them all but I liked the HR ...but have only seen it at one place  at MSRP. Another place had it  behind glass. Ihave been seeing the BiB quite a bit for $36..its solid but I like the HR a little more.  FP PS was a little hot..may need to revisit the standard bottling.  like to try the sweet wheat one day. Have never seen it on the shelf though. Wonder if theyll ever release the SW or Port again. Maybe as a 12 year?

Sweet Wheat seems to be a yearly release. 

Port was only released in 2015 so far. 

Full proof  has always been a hot mess to me.

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

On 7/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, HoustonNit said:

Hope your buddy was flying and you where drinking? That’s actually pretty cool.

Hope you got some BBQ ribs or something before you flew back.

Yes, my buddy was flying while I was doing the drinking.....if I had to take control for whatever reason, we would have been screwed no matter if I was sober or not.  There were some crazy storms right after the release that delayed our departure for an hour so we did go grab some BBQ from a place called Murky Waters that was pretty good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.