What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

No ma’am you may not have any of my Baker’s in the pretty silver rimmed KC glass, no matter how much you bat those big pretty dark eyes at me...  :D

9A76E8FB-6C7B-48DD-8B44-DAB91F770E47.jpeg

• I like it 5

22 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

No ma’am you may not have any of my Baker’s in the pretty silver rimmed KC glass, no matter how much you bat those big pretty dark eyes at me...  :D

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well hello Ms. Cicada.

• I like it 1

Well...I bought it...might as well try it.  Mrs. Skinsfan, (a big MM fan), loves it.
Initial impression?  It's pretty good, not great,  but good.  It's not as sweet as regular MM, or the 46, which is a good thing.  
I'd buy it again, for Mrs Skinsfan, and a change of pace.
20190901_201653.thumb.jpg.198169bccbf75d9ae97afd807642a643.jpg

Yup basically my thoughts as well.

9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Nice "Sign of High Summer" pic, Joe.   I love the singing of those cicadas, and this one is indeed a rather cute gal!   ...And, apparently desirous of that Baker's... C'mon Joe; give 'er a wee taste.   She'll be yer gal for the rest of her life.

No ma’am you may not have any of my Baker’s in the pretty silver rimmed KC glass, no matter how much you bat those big pretty dark eyes at me...  [emoji3]

9A76E8FB-6C7B-48DD-8B44-DAB91F770E47.thumb.jpeg.57ec12ee76fbbc2126c1c36d87f90e16.jpeg

Careful there Joey. She may look like a cicada but that is actually the very rare East Cobb Whiskey Hornet!

32 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Careful there Joey. She may look like a cicada but that is actually the very rare East Cobb Whiskey Hornet!

Which is not to be further confused with the East Cobb Whiskey Whore...Troyce!  :D

• I like it 1

I picked up a couple of these this week, since our fellow forum member and my buddy FacePlant was primarily responsible for this creation at one of our favorite liquor stores. I’m having a very healthy pour of it this evening, and I have to admit that his creation is worthy of high praise. Cheers y’all!

IMG_0098.JPG

• I like it 9

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

Some WA 107 while grilling a 7 week home dry aged ribeye steak... 

weller 107 and aged ribeye.jpg

It’s grilled side-kicks look tasty as well.. Well done sir! ... errrr.. actually medium rare! :) 

• I like it 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:57 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

WT81 + Turkey neck in coconut milk

Packers + Bears

D4A2C251-8B9A-4B76-8D8B-B90498977DFB.jpeg

Edited by DRAMachine
Wrong upload
  • I like it 2

Some Taylor last night while breaking in a glass I got for my bday back in June. Love the heft of it.
IMG_3266.JPG

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, DRAMachine said:

WT81 + Turkey neck in coconut milk

Packers + Bears

D4A2C251-8B9A-4B76-8D8B-B90498977DFB.jpeg

As a Lions fan I was just cheering for both defenses to pummel both QB's, LOL.  Saving the bourbon for Sunday, gonna need it.

15 minutes ago, GTStagg said:

As a Lions fan I was just cheering for both defenses to pummel both QB's, LOL.  Saving the bourbon for Sunday, gonna need it.

A LIONS FAN!!!????  :o  You poor, poor soul.  ?   

I'll be amazed if they split the season in half.   More likely prediction? 6-wins.   They were ugly throughout the preseason, and lost a couple "important" players to boot.       My poor (former) Pontiac Puddy Tats.

5:00 and I’m now done with the week, so patio time with a Buffalo Trace on the rocks.  The Family size will be filling the baby before the 6 o’clock news...  :D

1BC543A8-0114-4FCB-8E5F-65AC5D38DEFA.jpeg

• I like it 5

Some WA 107 while grilling a 7 week home dry aged ribeye steak... 
1691493424_weller107andagedribeye.jpg.f61c57c870f12e08956c53c04ea1923e.jpg

Yes, yes and yes,Weber kettle with an aged steak and Antique, nice setup.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Yes, yes and yes,Weber kettle with an aged steak and Antique, nice setup.

Especially on a balmy, late summer evening under spreading oaks in No. Calif.  :)

Four day/holiday work weeks. :huh: I hope I’m not alone in wondering if they’re actually worth it or not. Yeah I had Monday off, but it was a helluva long week for a short one. I decided to have some of my Weller Blend when I got home from work today.  In doing so, I noticed that the family sized bottle of my Blend was gettin’ just a tad low. So I decided to rectify the situation. Weller Blend in my glass, and more added to my bottle. Ahhhhhhh, I feel much better now. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

After a full day of putting up with the idiot drivers and far too many stoplights of my lovely hometown, I decided on the way home that Mr. Stagg and I were going to have a get together tonight (and I ain't talkin Jr.)

Out on the porch with a healthy pour and a Partagas Cifuentes maduro, the rage is quickly subsiding. Time to enjoy the weekend!!!!

• I like it 3

Some Blanton’s gold this Friday evening while watch some Brave’s baseball. It has been a long short week and it feels good to sit back and relax. 

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

After a full day of putting up with the idiot drivers and far too many stoplights of my lovely hometown, I decided on the way home that Mr. Stagg and I were going to have a get together tonight (and I ain't talkin Jr.)

Out on the porch with a healthy pour and a Partagas Cifuentes maduro, the rage is quickly subsiding. Time to enjoy the weekend!!!!

What year GTS?   :huh:

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.