What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Summer 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Having sips of Beam black.

Jays walk-off the Yanks, and Marner stays with the Leafs!

Cheers from the North!

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Mowing is complete, so I have rewarded myself with a pour of WT101 (on a cube) out of the tail decanter.  I may follow it up with WTRB or RRSiB.

Cooking chicken thighs (with a kiss of peach smoke for you Georgians) to go with some waffles. Nice start to the weekend. 

20190913_182510.jpg

20190913_182652.jpg

Fun fact: South Carolina is the real peach state. I hope them ain’t fightin words :P

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

So, dived into the garage and went to one of my faves to celebrate the event. 

Does this mean you drank it in the garage or that’s where you had it stored? If the latter is your garage climate controlled?

2 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Fun fact: South Carolina is the real peach state. I hope them ain’t fightin words :P

I'm an Okie that now lives in Missouri. No fighting from this Sooner! 

Peach wood chunks are relatively sparse here, so I ration what I have. I love the flavor it gives to chicken. 

8 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Peach wood chunks are relatively sparse here, so I ration what I have. I love the flavor it gives to chicken. 

I have never smoked with peach, but I am very intrigued. I am getting ready to do a turkey breast and am sure I can't locate any on short notice.

40 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

I'm an Okie that now lives in Missouri. No fighting from this Sooner! 

SB’s Georgia contingent might take exception. 

28 minutes ago, Phil T said:

I have never smoked with peach, but I am very intrigued. I am getting ready to do a turkey breast and am sure I can't locate any on short notice.

Pecan is good too if you haven’t tried it. I prefer it over hickory and mesquite. 

• I like it 1

Met some friends for dinner last night that we haven't seen for almost 20 years.  Started the night off with a pour of Blanton's.

• I like it 1

Mowing is complete, so I have rewarded myself with a pour of WT101 (on a cube) out of the tail decanter.  I may follow it up with WTRB or RRSiB.
Cooking chicken thighs (with a kiss of peach smoke for you Georgians) to go with some waffles. Nice start to the weekend. 
20190913_182510.thumb.jpg.091b124f172d960ef8ccc03c3d292503.jpg
20190913_182652.thumb.jpg.b1650aacaf5226cec590c8897fc4736a.jpg

Are you just using peach wood, interesting I’ve used apple and cherry. Or are you also making some type of bourbon peach reduction that you coat the chicken with every hour or so???

56 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Are you just using peach wood, interesting I’ve used apple and cherry. Or are you also making some type of bourbon peach reduction that you coat the chicken with every hour or so???

That bourbon-peach reduction idea sounds fantastic! I just used peach wood. I like apple wood too, but I dont use it on chicken since it makes the meat look darker than if I use peach. I dont mind the color, but it can be deceiving in regards to fineness. 

Woods I use for pork: maple, apple, post oak, pecan. I use pecan and post oak for beef. 

Sorry to derail this thread!! Back to bourbon. 

Well, Aurora is on the TV, but I have the Nats-Braves on the PC in an other tab.  This flipping back and forth is getting Really confusing.  Did Aurora get to second or not????  And, WHO IS wearing the wedding dress?

Not sure. Only watched a little of the game.

A few pours of a local PS MM with a Cohiba and the new Foy Vance album on the porch on this breezy Georgia evening.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Not sure. Only watched a little of the game.

Last night's game - I had Aurora Teagarden (Hallmark Movies and Mysteries) on the TV while I "watched" the game on my PC.  Sort of lost interest in the game when ATL went up 5-1 but didn't turn off the PC. .  THAT was last night.  TODAY, I brined some pork chops for grilling while watching ATL-NATS just after 4PM.  Nats bullpen drove me to drink before I even got the fire lit. ATL 7, Nats 1 when I stopped watching.  Grabbed an old, half-full OGD 114, packed a double OF with ice, dribbled some simple syrup in there, and added the OGD. THEN built the fire, cleaned the grill, and sat outside in  the moderate humidity until the chops went on.  Still sipping on that OGD;  I just keep adding ice.  EDIT - Oh, yeah, final ATL 10, Nats 1.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 1

Last night it was EC18, Remus Repeal Reserve & Joseph Magnus with Galvin 0791 and Vosgar at Vosgar’s house. It was a really nice and relaxing evening on Vosgar’s back porch with great bourbon and cigars. Thanks guys. ?

This evening, after a long day of shopping, yard work and fixing a few items around the yard and house that were screwed up by some recent heavy thunderstorms/near lightning strikes, I had some of my Weller Blend. While not as great as the bourbons shared last night, my Weller Blend really hit the spot tonight.

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

Having a pour of Old Carter 12y 1st batch. I want it to open up some more, but for now it’s a funky bourbon. I like it. 

29D536D1-71B1-4196-BB8F-30970947E124.thumb.jpeg.f5c1b7f2e7d282b24c090aeffb9f4b48.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Delta Club WRDO on my way back from Bardstown...

5B66ECE9-45BB-4E0E-9166-3FBFE6A013F5.thumb.jpeg.7a04e31b0b7e778cb569d082489deac5.jpeg

I keep meaning to ask - what the heck do you do that has you in so many Delta Sky Clubs? You frequent them more than I do and I'm in them a lot.

On topic, I'll belatedly mention the double Woodford Reserve I had a week ago today during my flight home from San Francisco courtesy of the First Class upgrade.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.