What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As I've said at least once or twice before, yeah, I did. :P

Biba! Joe

oct.jpeg

About yesterday’s acquisitions.....  ?

One Weller SR wasn’t actually a purchase. I bought a couple of bottles previously, one of which was for a coworker. He didn’t really care for it, so it came back home to papa. I just topped it off from the one I had open on my shelf. My friend really likes  BT, so he now has a ps BT instead. ;)

Anyway, I stopped at one place to check and see if they had FRSB, which they did. They also had a few bottles of Weller SR behind the counter, so one of each came home with me. We stopped at another place to grab a few items. Lo and behold, the shelf in their liquor department had been restocked with liters of BT. Since I now had one less BT in my cabinet, I bought a liter to replace it.  

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. It’s the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help my barrel. :D

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 3

I usually have no more than 4 bourbons open at 1 time.  So, I have 4 open now and picked these up.  I don't think I can wait.  I may need to break my own rule.

1029191344b.jpg

• I like it 4

I usually have no more than 4 bourbons open at 1 time.  So, I have 4 open now and picked these up.  I don't think I can wait.  I may need to break my own rule.
1029191344b.thumb.jpg.2a02a7be57388618d7f5f7306d24a129.jpg

You need to break that rule multiple times...life’s too short to only have 4 bourbons to choose from at any given time!
  • I like it 4

Picked up a couple of bottles of 1910 to replenish the bunker.  Was getting low on my current bottle and that was causing great consternation.

• I like it 2

On 10/23/2019 at 4:09 PM, The Black Tot said:

Do give us a report when you do!

I have had it, bought a bottle a few weeks ago.  I liked it.  I'm not sure how to describe it because i'm kind of new to describing bourbons but I really enjoy it.

2 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

You need to break that rule multiple times...life’s too short to only have 4 bourbons to choose from at any given time!

Agree!  I like being able to go round-the-horn

• I like it 1

Was able to snag 3 bottles of ECBP B519 in the past couple of days.  Figured I'd grab a few while they were available.

Also snagged a 2nd bottle of Wathen's

B610A990-F2A6-4256-B49D-EEEF8F5731BC.jpeg

Edited by GoCubs85
  • I like it 2

19 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

1029191344b.jpg

@Bret Bret, if I squint I can see the barrel numbers on those two private barrels. I think these might be two 13 y.o. MGP barrels that we tasted through together and you guys chose when we did the Skype call back in mid-June? 

Cheers,

Nancy

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mwmac said:

Picked up three bottles of Blanton's today!

20191030_131741.jpg

Awww, those are soooo cute!   If you hang onto 'em for about 20-years, will they eventually grow up?

• I like it 1

Every now and then the Bourbonian gods smile down on us.  I lucked out in my county's lottery.  Probably open this over the holidays.

IMG_20191031_194837423.jpg

• I like it 17

Bought Little Book Chapter 3 as well as the Quarter Oak. The Little book is amazing and I really did not like the Quarter Oak. Tasted like peanut brittle, vanilla ice cream and fake oak flavoring 

IMG_20191031_200114.jpg

• I like it 1

Usually I have an almost deaf and polite husband's ear when Mrs PG talks about getting some pumpkin beer. It's definitely not my thing. She hasn't been able to find it locally as the stores are sold out for this year so she suggested that motor on down to Lukas Liquors in Overland Park, KS, one of the 800 lb gorillas in the LS business in this area. While she was heading for the beer coolers, I headed to the bourbon and rye aisle to see what I could see and I saw something that I wanted. First, I found KC in the 1.75L bottle for $48.99+tx, cheaper than Costco! I turned around to look for BT products and someone was stocking 1.75L WSR. He told me that he had some 1L bottles to put up on the shelf so I asked for one of those. Just a few minutes later, as I was perusing the craft beers, the salesman brought me the 1L bottle, only $20.99+tx, not bad at all. The salesman then proceeded to show Mrs PG where the last few samples of pumpkin beer were stored so she was pleased. I took advantage of her good mood and scarfed up a six of Goose Island Sofie and another six of the newly arrived Boulevard Nutcracker, a 7.8% winter warmer. I've been known to enjoy Belgian style beers.

After that, we went for some Italian food for dinner and a calorie laden and decadent chocolate dessert. The Visa card was already warmed up anyways so a little bit of planning will hopefully  lead to cooperation the next time I want to walk through the mile of aisles down there. I wasn't devious, I was just following the Five Ps, "planning prevents p___ poor performance".

Edited by Postal Grunt
  • I like it 5

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Met the mule today. That AAA is actually pretty tasty for under $20.

20191031_210307-898x775.jpg

Those look good. ?

Put one or two good (store bought bag) ice cubes in a 2 finger pour of that ETBiB.  Sublime!

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Bret Bret, if I squint I can see the barrel numbers on those two private barrels. I think these might be two 13 y.o. MGP barrels that we tasted through together and you guys chose when we did the Skype call back in mid-June? 

Cheers,

Nancy

Barrel 1319 and 1376. Have the 1319 open now (liking it way to much to make it last) and will probably open the 1376 at the tail end, just so I can do a SBS.  Wasn't on the mid-June Skype, but would appreciate any insight you could provide on these two.

As always, thanks for all you do.

• I like it 1

I picked up EW BIB for the bunker.  Also, was happy to see liquor manager followed my suggestion to stock OF Rye.  Some of those came home with me too. ?

• I like it 1

Technically didn't purchase it TODAY, but recently purchased a bunch of bottles of OWA (before they raised the price) and today I traded one for a 1L of Makers Mark 101.  Very excited to try it!

Haven’t gotten around to trying this one yet.  Not a huge fan of regular Maker’s but I do enjoy the 46. So I thought in the name of fairness I should give this a shot.

04177D63-E8D2-43BB-A47D-85A37F5B6E10.jpeg

• I like it 2

I went in to a chain store today in SW Florida, they had EH Taylor Small Batch in and available 1 per customer till it's gone. They got me a bottle and at checkout I realized it was a higher price than advertised by $17 ($64.95). When the mgr checked it, we realized it was a single barrel, it didn't even show up on their inventory. Bought it, opened it, excellent! A lucky mistake, I haven't found this anywhere for msrp!

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.