What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Fall 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a Little Book 3. $100. I also tried it, and my initially response was positive. It certainly doesn’t taste as young as Booker’s, and it isn’t over-oaked either. It’s a complex pour for sure, and I think it will require a few sessions to develop a final opinion on it. 

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Ruffin51 said:

Literally sitting on a shelf at a random store in Chicago.  Talked him down $25

IMG_7858.jpg

ALWAYS nice to get/have a bottle of George T. Stagg.    :)

Not sure I'd have given that ask, though.   ...Almost Two-Fiddy out the door?   About double what I paid last year.   Of course every market, as well as everybody's pocket-book, is different.

6 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Not sure I'd have given that ask, though.   ...Almost Two-Fiddy out the door?   About double what I paid last year.   Of course every market, as well as everybody's pocket-book, is different.

That's what I paid for mine last year ($250) and it WAS worth every penny...greatest Bourbon out there IMHO.

• I like it 2

Seeing people around Chicago get their hands on BTAC is making me manic a bit. It’s my first real experience through this season. I keep having to talk myself down. Every time I’ve been hunting I’ve found Jack. 

I picked up a litre bottle of BT from a store (barrel select) along with a bottle of Weller Antique 107. My first chance to buy a Weller of any kind, this seems to the only one I can find thru normal stores and prices. 

Picked these up.  The Dant is the last “budget” BIB locally available that I have yet to try.  And at 14$ I had to get it.  I know the Knob Creek isn’t a bourbon but it’s also barely a  rye?.  It’s the second bottle of this store pick that I’ve purchased.  I really enjoyed the first bottle  so I had to go back and get another.

114427E0-CFAB-4BB5-B881-572AA570F703.jpeg

Went by a store on my lunch break. Picked up a Four Roses LE. Then the manager pulled out a 130th for me too. Not the best prices ever but totally acceptable for me. I’ll call that a successful lunch any day

• I like it 3

I stopped by chance at a big chain store today in the Chicago suburbs, and in their special/rare room found 1 bottle of Henry McKenna 10yr SB, BIB.

It was at MSRP, I had to buy it, one of the bourbon's I put on my list to try.

5 hours ago, yobber76 said:

I picked up a litre bottle of BT from a store (barrel select) along with a bottle of Weller Antique 107. My first chance to buy a Weller of any kind, this seems to the only one I can find thru normal stores and prices. 

At least its the best of em (IMO) ya done good!!

19 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I feel the same in a vacuum.  And I have said $250 is my max.   If I actually saw the bottle on the shelf though I am not so sure I would be able to walk away.  Especially if it was a Billy Larue bottle.

A KCSiB store pick. Usually pretty tasty for $40. Interestingly only 9 years 4 months. Talking to the manager, just over 10 was their oldest option. Seems maybe some of that 13-15 year old stock may be drying up and/or going into the new 12 year small batch that's been announced. 

17 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

4645C7D2-8B88-4629-9CB1-D73433614010.jpeg

I'm so jealous. I bet Oklahoma only got 6-8 cases of EHTBP for the entire state. I'll likely never get to try it. ?

I think my alcohol purchase budget has been blown for the rest of the year. Want in to purchase the MM PS I was waiting on and got hit with some surprise arrivals. 

82049164-5E5E-4984-85E0-5615EA46ECC2.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Wow. Nice haul.

I was offered some others and turned them down. Felt greedy. Hoping the whiskey karma returns to me during BTAC/Pappy madness. 

• I like it 1

As I've said at least once or twice before, yeah, I did. :P

Biba! Joe

oct.jpeg

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As I've said at least once or twice before, yeah, I did. :P

Biba! Joe

oct.jpeg

Did the BOTM trigger that 4R buy? I need to get a bottle, as it's been a few months. My buy today was WTRB

50 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Did the BOTM trigger that 4R buy? I need to get a bottle, as it's been a few months. My buy today was WTRB

Yes it did JC. As with you, it’s been a while since since I’ve had a bottle. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, KSJon said:

Picked these up.  The Dant is the last “budget” BIB locally available that I have yet to try.  And at 14$ I had to get it.  

The Dant is pretty solid.  Similar to EWBiB, IMO.  It's not available in CA but I ordered one from Astor out of curiosity to fill out an Armagnac order.  

Going to give the bottom shelf BIB some love and see how it rates. And I needed another bourbon cream. ;) 

IMG_0264.JPG

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.