What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

14 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Yes, all of their brands are still sourced currently. Heavy speculation that the RY10 SiB has been Heaven Hill juice, although I don’t know if that has been officially confirmed. RY10 has also seemed to be fairly inconsistent, some honey barrels, some underwhelming. But, a good value especially if you luck into one of the better barrels 

I don't think I'e ever seen the 10, just regular RY, but will certainly keep an eye out!

Thought the majority of the sourcing was from Heaven Hill?

On 5/15/2020 at 2:52 PM, BottledInBond said:

Yes, all of their brands are still sourced currently. Heavy speculation that the RY10 SiB has been Heaven Hill juice, although I don’t know if that has been officially confirmed. RY10 has also seemed to be fairly inconsistent, some honey barrels, some underwhelming. But, a good value especially if you luck into one of the better barrels 

According to a Q&A with John Rempe - LuxRow MD - about a year ago, Heaven Hill has been contract distilling for LR, so sourced yes, but apparently as HH contract distilled with B-F and JB for years after the fire, ie not using barrels from stock HH mash bills/production.  Says HH was down frequently assisting the new distillery to get close as possible to the HH contracted production.  Wouldn't expect HH to assist LR with closely copying their own standard bills/production.  Will be interesting to see how/if much changes in the flavor once they start bottling their own.  As rough as my palate is for discerning any sort of subtle differences, I prefer the higher proof LR wheaters (RY100, RY Select, RY10yr, DN1843) over the standard Larceny.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.