What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

Opened up a new W12

20200531_012626.jpg

Awww, c'mon man. That is just showing off!  Says the man who can't find any Weller in Indiana.  Just kidding, of course.  I hope you enjoyed pour #1, #2....

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Adam, 

Thank you for your service!  That is a great photo.  I hope you and your friend enjoyed your pour(s)!  Cheers, friend!

Ditto, from another vet. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Another new bottle tonight.

Everything is tasting great out of my BT glass.

Ive been in a weird place lately.... old fashioned?  glass and ice in my bourbon (cube added after photo) ?‍♂️
whatever.  I’m enjoying it!

684ABEAA-D7E0-4AEF-B2CF-180E67C08D4C.jpeg

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

Another new bottle tonight.

Everything is tasting great out of my BT glass.

Ive been in a weird place lately.... old fashioned?  glass and ice in my bourbon (cube added after photo) ?‍♂️
whatever.  I’m enjoying it!

684ABEAA-D7E0-4AEF-B2CF-180E67C08D4C.jpeg

I have a bottle from that exact same barrel. I found that it improved with a little air time.

• I like it 1

On 5/31/2020 at 8:03 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Says the man who can't find any Weller in Indiana. 

Anywhere near The Region (NWI) ? I could give you a heads up when they pop up across the border in Chicago 

A LBS single barrel Old Scout pick. I don’t know if this is MGP or someone else but I find it to be unique. My first taste of this pre purchase had a boomerang effect, flavor then a retreat then a nice finish all with an almost carbonated refreshing  mouthfeel.

The heat is starting up so I cracked it last night and in addition to the previous characteristics it had a very pear like fruity palate that just added to the summertime feel this one has. This SB is unique good and different not unique weird, exactly what I hope for in a single barrel but don’t always get.

• I like it 2

Opened up this bottle. This is my first try of the barrel proof Larceny.  I like it. The heat is surprisingly low. It doesn't have a lot of depth, but that's ok. 

Cheers. 

IMG_4014.JPG

47 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Opened up this bottle. This is my first try of the barrel proof Larceny.  I like it. The heat is surprisingly low. It doesn't have a lot of depth, but that's ok. 

Cheers. 

IMG_4014.JPG

I’d really like to try Larceny BP, but I haven’t had much luck with my last few bottles of regular Larceny. I’m getting a bit more picky in my old age, and am not as interested in taking as many chances with stuff as I used to be. I have a couple of bottles on my shelf that I probably won’t drink because I took chances. Yeah, I know....?

Biba! Joe

13 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’d really like to try Larceny BP, but I haven’t had much luck with my last few bottles of regular Larceny. I’m getting a bit more picky in my old age, and am not as interested in taking as many chances with stuff as I used to be. I have a couple of bottles on my shelf that I probably won’t drink because I took chances. Yeah, I know....?

Biba! Joe

As our resident wheater expert I'm really curious to see if you like Larceny BP.

• I like it 2

I'm guessing this one isn't for you Joe. I like it, but it is a quite a bit different than the Wellers that you enjoy. But if you get the chance to try it, you never know........

Cheers

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I'm guessing this one isn't for you Joe. I like it, but it is a quite a bit different than the Wellers that you enjoy. But if you get the chance to try it, you never know........

Cheers

Thanks. I appreciate the advice.?

Friday afternoon I bought a bottle of WTRB that was on sale and something I'd never put up on my shelf before. So yesterday afternoon I opened it up and poured a healthy one for Happy Hour at Casa de PG. My first thought was that I didn't like the mouth design of the bottle. I'm not talking appearance but rather the design in the way the neck of the bottle closes inwards towards the mouth of the bottle. With such a short neck, the flow of the whiskey out the bottle isn't as smooth as I'd prefer. The simple solution is to just pour slowly but it takes away the friendly spirit of a liberal pour whether its for myself or for a guest.

Now that I got that out of the way, I do like the whiskey. Its got that WT DNA going on with the edge thing I find in their libations but it's on the sweet side for something that weighs in at 116.8 pf. Towards the end of the glass I identified my reaction as drinking a bourbon that tasted like a pie, a lot like pumpkin pie. Whether I was correct in that assessment or not, I won't be waiting until Thanksgiving before I open up that bottle again.

• I like it 6

On 5/24/2020 at 7:44 PM, flahute said:

I'm a big fan of this as well though I've only tried the first release. Like you, I'll not be tempted to buy another at that price especially with OFBP coming down the pike.

Try to make that happen. The one we picked for my local was VERY good.

Just got the nod!  Think we are doing the OF BP via samples (assuming three) on Saturday!  And I will be picking up our last RRSiB, a 9 year warehouse G barrel, which is new to the barrel pick program this year.  Very exciting news on a Thursday afternoon!

• I like it 2

5 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Just got the nod!  Think we are doing the OF BP via samples (assuming three) on Saturday!  And I will be picking up our last RRSiB, a 9 year warehouse G barrel, which is new to the barrel pick program this year.  Very exciting news on a Thursday afternoon!

Nice! Let us know what you think. Hoping they have good consistency with these.

• I like it 1

PS Four Roses OBSF 10y3m 121.6 proof.  This is my first pour with this recipe, and I really like it.

• I like it 2

A very good day for my business warrants opening a bottle of the Colonel.   

BB28A35D-6BDE-4A14-B65B-360F0BCEFD9D.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 6/15/2020 at 6:37 PM, Not_That_Fancy said:

What a sweet sweet treat!!

6195297F-40C8-4B0C-AFBE-F6909A1A3E9D.jpeg

That might be one I voted on.  Hope it's a good one.

Opened up an Early Times BiB that I bought last year but never got around to trying it.  The news on ET I heard today jogged my memory and got me to thinking I need to crack it open.  So far, I like it.

26 minutes ago, Kepler said:

That might be one I voted on.  Hope it's a good one.

I had some friends from work over and fortunately and unfortunately we finished this that night. It was sweet like a dessert cocktail. The coffee, mocha, vanilla was outstanding! I went back and purchased 2 more bottles to be put far far away!  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.