What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, mal00768 said:

It’s been a while since I had some EC open. This one is a 12 year old Julio’s pick.

A8CF4BBA-ABD5-4C18-B3E4-D5B95342E2D3.jpeg

Opened one of these myself in the last week or two. Glad I still have an extra one hanging around somewhere. It is a mighty tasty 12yr.

Not opened, but.......?

Who was I trying to kid? ?

Biba! Joe 

DSC_0003.jpeg

• I like it 1

17 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not opened, but.......?

Who was I trying to kid? ?

saw a 1:30 afternoon post on "what did I just open" thread so had to check it out.  weather is beautiful here.  I might follow your excellent example and pop open something new on the back deck.  Squire been my sensei for years, but now you might take the spot.

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

saw a 1:30 afternoon post on "what did I just open" thread so had to check it out.  weather is beautiful here.  I might follow your excellent example and pop open something new on the back deck.  Squire been my sensei for years, but now you might take the spot.

I've been adding to my 2018 Weller Blend bottle since I first made it 3 years ago. If it got low, I added to it. Well, I emptied it over the weekend. I decided today that I wanted to keep the tradition going. :D

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

On 4/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, flahute said:

I may have to be rude and swoop in on this Sonoma visit.

On 4/26/2020 at 6:16 AM, GeeTen said:

Have you been a good boy and does The Boss like you???   ?

Someone is going to have to fetch the drinks and make snacks.  

• I like it 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Someone is going to have to fetch the drinks and make snacks.  

Worth it.

• I like it 3

Barrell batch 22.  I've been wondering about this one. Just Kentucky and Indiana juice, no TN/Dickel.  It's good, but the youth shows. Grainy on the nose, but the palate is better, and finish is better yet. The finish is the strong point for me. 

20200502_195155.jpg

• I like it 1

Opening some barrel proof after who knows how many shifts in the hospital. 

413C059A-12CE-49A1-AD13-3C063C6CC425.jpeg

• I like it 11

24 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Nice pour, enjoy.  You definitely earned it.

• I like it 3

16 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nice pour, enjoy.  You definitely earned it.

Amen!  Joes Weller Blend in the glass.  Cheers to you.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Stay safe my friend. I have a nurse friend here in Seattle who told me yesterday that things have eased up here now after a peak about 2 weeks ago. How's it looking for you in Columbia?

15 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Out of curiosity, how do you like / compare the A120 batch vs the B519 or C919 (if you’ve had them)?

1 hour ago, Rockefeller said:

Out of curiosity, how do you like / compare the A120 batch vs the B519 or C919 (if you’ve had them)?

B519 is my favorite of the last several batches. I love lower proof barrel proof offerings so B519 is a winner for me. I have blinded it w/ other ecbp (including some squats) and B519 is my favorite. 

I only had 1 pour of A120 last night and first impression is a strong one.  These can still be found for about $65 in my market. 

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Stay safe my friend. I have a nurse friend here in Seattle who told me yesterday that things have eased up here now after a peak about 2 weeks ago. How's it looking for you in Columbia?

Thanks Steve. Appreciate your words. 

My hospital not as hard hit as others but I have been working in our covid ICU some. 

We are also getting lots of really sick patients that have been too scared to come ER and stayed home. Tough situation all around. 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Well I figured...

?           what the hell.

885C31E2-4A46-4BED-AEA4-8B03282ADF6E.jpeg

7AF8C944-D930-4705-939B-26C2DD6F15FE.jpeg

Great Scott!

I opened up a fresh HH6/90.

20200503_211200.jpg

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Clueby said:

Great Scott!

I opened up a fresh HH6/90.

20200503_211200.jpg

That 'rocks glass' seems a perfect choice with the green-label HH-6!  ...And the table's color and wood grain are a perfect complement to the green, and close match to the color of the Bourbon.  ?      Nicely done!  ?

A gift from a friend at work. Cracked it open leaving the jobsite and we both had a taste. Smooth/sweet. Really hit the spot. Id like to do a sbs with a regular bottle. 

2D2709BA-0342-498F-8B3E-7A2CD6F98407.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 3

AARRRGGHHHH! I just HAD to open one of my bunkered OGD 114s (average purchase price $22.19 per 750 ml but who keeps track?!).  Using the SB calculator (on front page), I diluted it to 100 proof or so as I WAS OUT OF OGD BIB!!  Quelle fromage!

OTH, it is not bad.:D

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

AARRRGGHHHH! I just HAD to open one of my bunkered OGD 114s (average purchase price $22.19 per 750 ml but who keeps track?!).  Using the SB calculator (on front page), I diluted it to 100 proof or so as I WAS OUT OF OGD BIB!!  Quelle fromage!

You are out of OGD BIB?!?!?!? It's like I don't even know you any more.

• I like it 4

On 5/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, Mako254 said:

B519 is my favorite of the last several batches. I love lower proof barrel proof offerings so B519 is a winner for me. I have blinded it w/ other ecbp (including some squats) and B519 is my favorite. 

I only had 1 pour of A120 last night and first impression is a strong one.  These can still be found for about $65 in my market. 

The B520 is just out, and it too is a lower proof - 127.2.  Well, lower for ECBP.

18 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

HARRY!!!!!   Say; "It ain't so!"   Please!   Just say it.   ...I'll wait.   

I can't imagine a world where this could happen.   ...Like the law of gravity suddenly being repealed or something.   Un-freaking- thinkable!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

HARRY!!!!!   Say; "It ain't so!"   Please!   Just say it.   ...I'll wait.   

I can't imagine a world where this could happen.   ...Like the law of gravity suddenly being repealed or something.   Un-freaking- thinkable!

In my defense --

I emptied my last black fake cork OGD BIB into my bourbon decanter (used exclusively for cocktails) last week thinking I had a spare or two.  I did NOT.  But, I have a dozen or so 114s bunkered here and there.  Rather than order-for-delivery some OGD BIBs, thereby incurring the wrath of a wife who is petrified of anything arriving on the porch  (particularly since the KNOWN bunker/bunkers contains/contain several years' worth of bourbon and rye even at MY consumption levels:rolleyes:), I decided to crack the 114.  A side benefit - I got to sip on the 150 ml of 114 that would not fit in the "diluted" OGD BIB orange cap 750 I use as an OGD decanter.

I sure hope this puts your universe back in balance.  ASIDE - Recall that I am a lawyer by trade.  If you want me to make the argument for the other side, please send me one basic store pick BT.;)

• I like it 8

14 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

In my defense --

I emptied my last black fake cork OGD BIB into my bourbon decanter (used exclusively for cocktails) last week thinking I had a spare or two.  I did NOT.  But, I have a dozen or so 114s bunkered here and there.  Rather than order-for-delivery some OGD BIBs, thereby incurring the wrath of a wife who is petrified of anything arriving on the porch  (particularly since the KNOWN bunker/bunkers contains/contain several years' worth of bourbon and rye even at MY consumption levels:rolleyes:), I decided to crack the 114.  A side benefit - I got to sip on the 150 ml of 114 that would not fit in the "diluted" OGD BIB orange cap 750 I use as an OGD decanter.

I sure hope this puts your universe back in balance.  ASIDE - Recall that I am a lawyer by trade.  If you want me to make the argument for the other side, please send me one basic store pick BT.;)

I just have one question Harry. Did you forget to check the “trunk” again? ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.