What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The only 4R’s I have is a 1.75. I’ve been thinking of decanting it into a smaller bottle(s) so I can have a fridge/freezer bottle. Sadly, there’s no room in my fridge or freezer. Soon maybe. ?

Biba! Joe

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

I just realized the liters and 1.75 ml’s still have the screw cap necessary for freezer duty.

Time to upgrade and throw my old 750ml yellow label bottle away... ?

51 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The only 4R’s I have is a 1.75. I’ve been thinking of decanting it into a smaller bottle(s) so I can have a fridge/freezer bottle. Sadly, there’s no room in my fridge or freezer. Soon maybe. ?

Biba! Joe

Sounds like we have a pitcher and we have a catcher for that empty 750 ?

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, flahute said:

You are in for a treat.

Yep you're right, it's just the ticket served cold.  

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Do you know the meaning of "Fat Chance" ?  ?

Oh, and Happy Birthday you old faht!   ?

8 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Do you know the meaning of "Fat Chance" ?  ?

Oh, and Happy Birthday you old faht!   ?

Uh, my birthday was in June Frank. ?  

• I like it 1

22 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

So? CRS is rearing its ugly head again. ?

Maybe you saw a post where I mentioned my nephews birthday. It was yesterday.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Maybe you saw a post where I mentioned my nephews birthday. It was yesterday.

Whew - at least I knew it was somebody's birthday.  Remember, English isn't my native language (especially after an evening of "freezer roses").  ☺️

• I like it 3

I've had some of these Harvest Collection in my stash I bought a few years ago on closeout and never was compelled to try any of them except for the High Rye one, which I quite enjoyed .  The recent announcement of LB4 with the brown rice grain in the blend has me curious about this one.  So might as well try it now.  First sip impression right off the bat is the overwhelming sweetness.

20200823_010840.jpg

• I like it 3

At this point, I've had fairly limited exposure to craft whiskey. But in my opinion, this Wilderness Trail SiB BiB is the truth. This bottle is very impressive, so I can only imagine what their juice is going to taste like in a few years. Hell, what's it going to taste like in ten or twenty? 

You're officially on my radar, Wilderness Trail. 

IMG_20200825_234641__01_compress25.jpg

• I like it 2

Sometime last week, I drained a 7 yo 101 proof bottle, and surveyed my collection, and decided they all need to wait for a more worthy occasion, so I decided to head to the LS.  OTW, I decided it was time to pull on a bottom shelf selection, and 1783 came to mind.  Its hitting the spot. 

See the source image

Of course, I found a couple bottles of hard to find Bourbon that I added to the collection, for another occasion..

Edited by musekatcher

8 minutes ago, musekatcher said:

Sometime last week, I drained a 7 yo 101 proof bottle, and surveyed my collection, and decided they all need to wait for a more worthy occasion, so I decided to head to the LS.  OTW, I decided it was time to pull on a bottom shelf selection, and 1783 came to mind.  Its hitting the spot. 

See the source image

Of course, I found a couple bottles of hard to find Bourbon that I added to the collection, for another occasion..

In my experience, opening that special bottle IS the worthy occasion.

Clueby’s post in the purchase thread kinda pointed me in the right direction tonight.  Deep dive into the bunker pulled up this 2018 Non filtered store pick.

Damn this is good! 
?

B0F11E90-EE38-4A6A-9C88-49B7317B8AFF.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 5

Opened up this on recently. Thank goodness this Elmer is normal tasty ETL. My last bottle of Elmer was a drain pour!  

Cheers 

IMG_4107.JPG

• I like it 3

Opened up this RRSIB tonight. Classic, Balanced Wild Turkey. Sweetness with the Spicy punch. 

RRSiB just talks Turkey (sorry, couldn't help myself ?)

Cheers

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Opened up this RRSIB tonight. Classic, Balanced Wild Turkey. Sweetness with the Spicy punch. 

RRSiB just talks Turkey (sorry, couldn't help myself ?)

Cheers

IMG_4159.JPG

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Attached photo
  • I like it 5

My wife and I celebrated our six-year anniversary tonight, so I thought I would open something special. 

The depth of concentration on this thing is sensational, both on the nose on the palate. It's one of the few times I've spent this kind of money on a bottle and kicked myself for not buying two. 

IMG_20200830_224817__01.jpg

Edited by Rhettro
Grammar
  • I like it 1

As part of my "non-Weller wheater" Ladder this weekend, I cracked open one of my Maker's PS store picks and also a 1792 Sweet Wheat. 

I think I bought the 1792SW back in 2016 but as with anyone with a big collection knows, it's not easy just getting around to opening something. This 1792SW is quite nice (but not complex), very soft and neutral with a very creamy mouthfeel (rare at this price point) and at 91 proof it might be the perfect "opener pour" and also the best option I can think of for someone who wants to drink bourbon neat for the first time. Almost zero burn.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

43 minutes ago, Kepler said:

20200905_220633.jpg

A classic Bottle. Great to see one. 

One I hope to taste one day ??

Nice photo. 

Cheers

Finished the last of a stellar store pick of Eagle Rare and cracked open my very last ER from the "bunker".  The hunt is on for some backups (at msrp). That is easier said than done around here.

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

Finished the last of a stellar store pick of Eagle Rare and cracked open my very last ER from the "bunker".  The hunt is on for some backups (at msrp). That is easier said than done around here.

I have one ER open, and a couple left in the bunker, but I’ve been looking too. Empty spots on shelves, or outrageous prices. Sheeeesh. <_<

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I have one ER open, and a couple left in the bunker, but I’ve been looking too. Empty spots on shelves, or outrageous prices. Sheeeesh. <_<

Biba! Joe

And even my online resources are out of stock or can no longer ship to MO??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.