What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I haven't been buying much lately but my wife wanted to stop by Liquor Barn today and see if they had any of those frozen fruit/wine pouches.  Not being one to disappoint the little lady I pulled right into the parking lot.  Needed to pick up another bottle of the Evan Williams Peach.  I don't drink it, we just cut up fruit (strawberries, peaches, bananas, blueberries, etc.) and then pour some of this over them and let it sit in the frig all day.  We serve it over vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Was just walking along the bourbon aisle and saw this sitting there with all the 94 proof EC's.  Realizing it had to be fate that placed this bottle in front of me I quickly grabbed it and headed for the cash register.

Resized_20200607_153811.jpeg

• I like it 5

6 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

I haven't been buying much lately but my wife wanted to stop by Liquor Barn today and see if they had any of those frozen fruit/wine pouches.  Not being one to disappoint the little lady I pulled right into the parking lot.  Needed to pick up another bottle of the Evan Williams Peach.  I don't drink it, we just cut up fruit (strawberries, peaches, bananas, blueberries, etc.) and then pour some of this over them and let it sit in the frig all day.  We serve it over vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Was just walking along the bourbon aisle and saw this sitting there with all the 94 proof EC's.  Realizing it had to be fate that placed this bottle in front of me I quickly grabbed it and headed for the cash register.

Resized_20200607_153811.jpeg

I only see one bottle of bourbon and something that looks like a kid's fruit drink.  

• I like it 1

Nice mail call this afternoon... Hope to get into one of these this weekend. 

CD649180-95DC-40F6-B820-2FC0385792D5.jpeg

Some pick ups from a trip to Knoxville last weekend. The KCSBs are all 14 year, except for one at 15 year. Barrel is batch 023. I was hoping to find 024, but it's not out there yet. I also grabbed a couple of Spanish Brandies that I am looking to try.

IMG_8203.JPG

• I like it 3

On 6/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I only see one bottle of bourbon and something that looks like a kid's fruit drink.  

Had you bothered to read my entire post, as opposed to drinking and just looking at the pictures :D you would have seen that the EW Peach is used for desserts.

1 hour ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Had you bothered to read my entire post, as opposed to drinking and just looking at the pictures :D you would have seen that the EW Peach is used for desserts.

Ha, duly noted!  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I must have been distracted by the dark brown liquid in the bright shiny bottle on the left and became confused by the dessert bourbon.  On the other hand, the fresh fruit dessert sounds delicious.  

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:05 PM, jnewberg said:

Nice mail call this afternoon... Hope to get into one of these this weekend. 

CD649180-95DC-40F6-B820-2FC0385792D5.jpeg

Have you had Smoke Wagon before?   I am not familiar

17 minutes ago, geclbxf said:

Have you had Smoke Wagon before?   I am not familiar

Nope.. This will be my first time... This is a blend of 4 and 8 yr MGP

18 hours ago, silverc said:

Some pick ups from a trip to Knoxville last weekend. The KCSBs are all 14 year, except for one at 15 year. Barrel is batch 023. I was hoping to find 024, but it's not out there yet. I also grabbed a couple of Spanish Brandies that I am looking to try.

IMG_8203.JPG

That's some serious kind of retail therapy.

For the first time in about two years, I bought a bottle of EWBiB. I wanted to see if my taste buds had improved and become discerning enough to find the merits I might have missed in the previous bottle. It's OK but more of a mixed drink kind of bottle rather than something I would drink neat.

WT101 @ 16.99 and a handle of OF Sig @ 35.99.  

At the current QPR, I could ride off into the sunset with these two, and quickly forget about anything else.

• I like it 2

I went hunting for the masters keep bib, apparently still not in my area, but I was pleasantly surprised to find this.

15918166880665925103696466019070.jpg

• I like it 5

Re opening after all the nonsense from last week...  the place was amazingly clean and put back together. 

Missed out on the ER, passed on a Bond & Lillard but ended up with the Weller barrel aged milk stout. Wifey is looking forward to trying this one

also picked up a VOB100 at binnys down the road. 

052CFC66-0C09-4E98-91CF-A11348F6A5F4.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
VOB Juan hunnit
  • I like it 2

I impulse bought this today traveling back from Fl through Mobile, Al. FWIW, I  expect to pay secondary price once in awhile. $249 otd.

A03E7271-02B4-41F3-9EAB-F282301401FC.jpeg

• I like it 5

Found a bottle of Old Tub here in Iowa.  I missed the news that it was going for release outside of the distillery.  21.99 plus tax.  Before COVID, we had planned a trip to KY, and I wanted to pick up a bottle of this from the distillery. 

IMG_0433.jpg

• I like it 3

44 minutes ago, kwshannon said:

Found a bottle of Old Tub here in Iowa.  I missed the news that it was going for release outside of the distillery.  21.99 plus tax.  Before COVID, we had planned a trip to KY, and I wanted to pick up a bottle of this from the distillery. 

Cool! I bought a couple of 375’s at the distillery on different occasions. Not too bad.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

A care package I ordered for home delivery from a purveyor near me arrived.  While it contained mostly wine, a Lillet blanc, a pedestrian vermouth blanc, and some more wine, I also picked up a KC 12 year old.  Yum.  Even at 100 proof, it is special.  Because of it and the ECBPs, I’m going to have to re-evaluate my avoidance of “older stuff”.  In other words, I could wash my mouth out with this daily I betcha.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I impulse bought this today traveling back from Fl through Mobile, Al. FWIW, I  expect to pay secondary price once in awhile. $249 otd.

A03E7271-02B4-41F3-9EAB-F282301401FC.jpeg

That’s only about $75 over retail.

And that release is arguably the best one so far.

I think you did alright.

Dont be afraid to open it up and enjoy it!

• I like it 1

On 6/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Paddy said:

WT101 @ 16.99 and a handle of OF Sig @ 35.99.  

At the current QPR, I could ride off into the sunset with these two, and quickly forget about anything else.

Yessir, I can get behind this line of thinking.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Ha, duly noted!  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.  I must have been distracted by the dark brown liquid in the bright shiny bottle on the left and became confused by the dessert bourbon.  On the other hand, the fresh fruit dessert sounds delicious.  

Forgiven.  And yes, the dessert idea is amazing.  Continue with your drinking and picture perusal. :D

• I like it 1

Looks like I’m retired!   Swung through LB to see what they had.
Never had BB, so why not.

9E3249A1-4578-4E94-868F-7EC88E6669B4.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.