What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

21 hours ago, kwshannon said:

Found a bottle of Old Tub here in Iowa.  I missed the news that it was going for release outside of the distillery.  21.99 plus tax.  Before COVID, we had planned a trip to KY, and I wanted to pick up a bottle of this from the distillery. 

IMG_0433.jpg

This is awesome!  I never thought they would sell this outside of KY and in 750mLs.  

• I like it 1

I had a big of a field day at one of my old favorite liquor stores. I don’t get to visit it now that we’ve moved out of state. Anyways, all goodies I’ve had before at work. Now I get to add them to my home bar. Cheers!

81DB537B-CEA2-44EA-AB85-0D55D4F83FD3.jpeg

• I like it 6

34 minutes ago, Mike11235 said:

I had a big of a field day at one of my old favorite liquor stores. I don’t get to visit it now that we’ve moved out of state. Anyways, all goodies I’ve had before at work. Now I get to add them to my home bar. Cheers!

81DB537B-CEA2-44EA-AB85-0D55D4F83FD3.jpeg

Nice bottles across the board.  Welcome to the forums!

• I like it 1

I picked up a FRSiB PS OBSV today. It is 10 years and 1 month. Opened it tonight and am really liking this. I now have 7 of the 10 Four Roses SiB's.

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, BoilerinIL said:

I picked up a FRSiB PS OBSV today. It is 10 years and 1 month. Opened it tonight and am really liking this. I now have 7 of the 10 Four Roses SiB's.

That’s good news, Boiler.  An OBSV at 10 years would be a significant marker these days.  100 proof?  If you say it was Barrel Proof, I may shriek with joy.  ?

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

That’s good news, Boiler.  An OBSV at 10 years would be a significant marker these days.  100 proof?  If you say it was Barrel Proof, I may shriek with joy.  ?

I'd be really surprised if it wasn't barrel proof at that age. The 100 proof tends to be younger. So get ready to shriek!

• I like it 1

I walked into a LS where there were sales on WTRB and a 1.75L ECNAS for just about the same price. I wish I always had such problems with buying a bottle. The WTRB ended up in the cart because I've bought  more than a few ECs over the past few years and the EC will be on sale until 30 June which gives me time for a do over.

• I like it 3

My LS just opened to foot traffic so took a quick spin through and picked up the following. We don't see any older store picks here, so the 9yo is the oldest i've had. Looking forward to cracking this!

IMG_0224.jpg

• I like it 1

Picked this up last Saturday but forgot to bring it in till yesterday.  It had slid down and was actually upside down and leaking a bit. You can maybe see the label is a little stained. I was getting something else out of the back and saw it...and smelled it.

20200611_205143.jpg

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Looking forward to the joyful shriek.

IMG_0470 (1).jpg

IMG_0469 (1).jpg

• I like it 6

4 minutes ago, BoilerinIL said:

IMG_0470 (1).jpg

IMG_0469 (1).jpg

Great!  I’m not sure I remember how long it’s been since I’ve seen an OBSV with those credentials.  YeeeHaaaawwwwww!!!!!  ?

• I like it 2

On 4/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, parksmart said:

I thought the couple cases of 1L bottles of OGD BIB I got for slightly less than $15/bottle OTD was a heckuva deal.  WT101 handles for less than $22 all-in are an even better deal!

With those prices and green chile everywhere in NM, you've got to be living large down there.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

With those prices and green chile everywhere in NM, you've got to be living large down there.

Thanks!  But I’m in the SF Bay Area, not too far from @fosmith and @WhiskeyBlender.

• I like it 1

Long story short, ahh to heck with it. Long story longer. ?  

I had an errand to run after my pt appointment yesterday afternoon. Since I was in the vicinity, I decided to stop in at a local liquor store.? In all seriousness though, I wanted to check in and say hi since I hadn't been there in quite a while. I had little or no expectations of finding anything different on the shelves that might be of interest to me. Well, I can admit when I'm wrong. I spotted a KC SB Select on the shelf in the bourbon aisle. With all the positive remarks about them here on SB, I figured I'd give one a try. At 14 years 4 months, why not? As I maintained social distancing while in line, I spotted another private selection from the store. This one was an Old Forester Single Barrel. This was the first I ever saw a bottle of this. I like most OF's anyway, so I grabbed one of those too. As I was checking out, the manager spotted me, and asked how I was doing. After a couple more pleasantries the manger suggested I try their pick of Old Elk Wheat. I held up the two bottles I already purchased and said maybe next time. The manager said okay, and knowing my fondness for Weller's/wheaters, let me know it was a really different but very good wheated bourbon. All I could say was that I'd be back. I might be headed back sooner rather than later 'cause the OF SB is great, and I might have to go back and grab another one or three. What can I say? :P

Biba! Joe

DSC_0012.jpeg

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, BoilerinIL said:

IMG_0470 (1).jpg

IMG_0469 (1).jpg

THIS...is very good news indeed!!

Stopped in a local store today to pick up a bottle of WSR for a future gift for a friend that likes it but cannot find it in their area, and also walked out with a bottle of Blanton’s for my boss and an OF15 for me. Not too bad of a stop while out running errands today. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Long story short, ahh to heck with it. Long story longer. ?  

I had an errand to run after my pt appointment yesterday afternoon. Since I was in the vicinity, I decided to stop in at a local liquor store.? In all seriousness though, I wanted to check in and say hi since I hadn't been there in quite a while. I had little or no expectations of finding anything different on the shelves that might be of interest to me. Well, I can admit when I'm wrong. I spotted a KC SB Select on the shelf in the bourbon aisle. With all the positive remarks about them here on SB, I figured I'd give one a try. At 14 years 4 months, why not? As I maintained social distancing while in line, I spotted another private selection from the store. This one was an Old Forester Single Barrel. This was the first I ever saw a bottle of this. I like most OF's anyway, so I grabbed one of those too. As I was checking out, the manager spotted me, and asked how I was doing. After a couple more pleasantries the manger suggested I try their pick of Old Elk Wheat. I held up the two bottles I already purchased and said maybe next time. The manager said okay, and knowing my fondness for Weller's/wheaters, let me know it was a really different but very good wheated bourbon. All I could say was that I'd be back. I might be headed back sooner rather than later 'cause the OF SB is great, and I might have to go back and grab another one or three. What can I say? :P

Biba! Joe

DSC_0012.jpeg

The OF SB has a nice rich color.  Charlie and Snoopy look to elated by your recent purchases. 

52 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Stopped in a local store today to pick up a bottle of WSR for a future gift for a friend that likes it but cannot find it in their area, and also walked out with a bottle of Blanton’s for my boss and an OF15 for me. Not too bad of a stop while out running errands today. 

Well, since you bought nice bottles for your friend  and boss, you might as well pick up something nice for yourself. 

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Charlie and Snoopy look to elated by your recent purchases. 

If I'm happy, they’re happy.  Besides, they’re  just glad the minions have taken a back seat for a change. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Seems I can't make a Costco errand without grabbing a bottle of EWSB since they always have it for $20. Then my local grocer had MM for $22, so I said what the hey. I usually only drink MM at gigs since everywhere I play has it but...well...nothing really happening on the gigging front these days... Good pour for Hell's Kitchen rerun binges... :D 

• I like it 2

On 6/12/2020 at 2:41 PM, PhantomLamb said:

This is awesome!  I never thought they would sell this outside of KY and in 750mLs.  

We snagged some on a couple of our Kentucky trips. I really like this stuff.

• I like it 1

I've never seen a Private Select MM before, so I snatched that up courtesy of Wrightsville Beach ABC. Kept passing on the Woodinville, but finally succumbed to temptation. I should've kept passing, not a fan. Looking forward to cracking that MMPS, though!

IMG_8497 2.jpg

Edited by BDanner

5 hours ago, BDanner said:

I've never seen a Private Select MM before, so I snatched that up courtesy of Wrightsville Beach ABC. Kept passing on the Woodinville, but finally succumbed to temptation. I should've kept passing, not a fan. Looking forward to cracking that MMPS, though!

IMG_8497 2.jpg

Same here on the Woodinville. I was expecting better, given comments I've seen here.  But like you, I bit the bullet and gave it a try.  I guess or think that's what we're here for, to try new bourbons experiences.  I don't dislike it and I think 'bad' bourbons are few and far between.  For me, it falls in the lighter end of the good, better best categories.  But that's just my taste.  My 2 cents for what its worth.  Cheers!

• I like it 1

Haven't had EC for a long time, so I picked up an EC NAS.    I've had the 12YO and was of the opinion that it was a little too oaky.   It was on sale and had a $2.00 off neck tag.  Thought it was a good time to give it another try.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.