What’s on the menu????

fishnbowljoe

4 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

No “Moon”Bow pics this year, unfortunately; but a nice Rainbow pic.  😁

This too shall work. 😎

Baked haddock (topped w shrimp and scallops) at The Bait Shed in Pine Point, ME. Good food. Spectacular location. 

IMG_0777.jpeg

Chicken fried, Caprese Salad, sautéed zucchini, onion, and squash, accompanied with a Boulevardier.  

64E74181-C667-42C8-8C4D-35E44E95700A.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Afternoon snack on the front patio swing, courtesy of my neighbor.  Dropped off some of his at home made hot boiled peanuts.  With a side of Wild Turkey I am in Heaven!  The seasoning is great, and plenty salty…as God intended hot boiled peanuts to be. 😁. And, just in case y’all didn’t know, that’s pronounced hot bol’d peanuts.  Not, hot boyled peanuts.  😂

079888AB-D12F-4CDA-9349-64BF0E350955.jpeg

• I like it 4

We were out and about today and decided to stop by a place we haven’t been to in a while. The Smokin’ Coup is a great bbq place between Belvedere and Rockford Illinois. It’s one of the best bbq places in the area. It started out a little over 20 years ago as not much more than a large corrugated garage with an awning. It’s grown a lot over the years. Great place, great food, great people.  @smokinjoe posted in another thread about Junior Sample. I’ll go with Grampa Jones. “What’s for supper Grampa?” Today was brisket, baked beans and slaw for me. 😛 Pics coming….

IMG_2545.thumb.jpeg.b80c300f3fcaae74566a36cbdb8d81a0.jpegIMG_2535.thumb.jpeg.13178bc889556c71f27df37e62e0df50.jpegIMG_2537.thumb.jpeg.72f7d1aa5a4c6d184e785173a07427a4.jpegIMG_2539.thumb.jpeg.6e45eb0ec22c6a53b3db79676bc5700e.jpeg

• I like it 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 5:06 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

We were out and about today and decided to stop by a place we haven’t been to in a while. The Smokin’ Coup is a great bbq place between Belvedere and Rockford Illinois. It’s one of the best bbq places in the area. It started out a little over 20 years ago as not much more than a large corrugated garage with an awning. It’s grown a lot over the years. Great place, great food, great people.  @smokinjoe posted in another thread about Junior Sample. I’ll go with Grampa Jones. “What’s for supper Grampa?” Today was brisket, baked beans and slaw for me. 😛 Pics coming….

Those hole in the wall places are great for some good Q.  And..the RC Cola!!

We had our big company party on Saturday with some good Q from a place called Duke's. Brisket, pork, and turkey. I was there till midnight helping load out the GIANT Martin Audio PA. I was so sore Sunday morning and wanted some comfort food so made biscuits and gravy with the best sausage on the planet...Jake's from Bardstown. Yum!!

20230917_101851.jpg

20230917_104700.jpg

20230917_104700.jpg

20230916_111842.jpg

20230916_232746.jpg

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

Those hole in the wall places are great for some good Q.  And..the RC Cola!!

We had our big company party on Saturday with some good Q from a place called Duke's. Brisket, pork, and turkey. I was there till midnight helping load out the GIANT Martin Audio PA. I was so sore Sunday morning and wanted some comfort food so made biscuits and gravy with the best sausage on the planet...Jake's from Bardstown. Yum!!

20230917_101851.jpg

20230917_104700.jpg

20230917_104700.jpg

20230916_111842.jpg

20230916_232746.jpg

I always enjoy reading about local great food. I have been to Bardstown probably 12 times in the last 12 years and have never heard of Jake's sausage. You can bet that it is on my radar next April when I'm there.

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

I always enjoy reading about local great food. I have been to Bardstown probably 12 times in the last 12 years and have never heard of Jake's sausage. You can bet that it is on my radar next April when I'm there.

Prost!!  Phil 

It's literally in a gas station.

4598 Springfield Rd, Bardstown, KY 40004

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken schnitzel with mushroom gravy, red cabbage and spatzel with a couple of Paulaner Mizen.

• I like it 1

Made a Carbonnade yesterday. Had it with French bread. Good hearty stew for a cool rainy Fall day. 

All of that ^^ Holy Crap!!

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 1

As my wife is a diabetic, I have been learning how to cook low carb.  It was helpful that  we have been eating "keto-like" for the past 2 years.  So I tried my hand at making enchiladas.  these are made with low carb tortillas and work well.  They do not cause a high blood glucose spike for my wife and she  loves them.  This is before they went in the oven at 300 for 45 m. We usually have leftovers for  the next day.

IMG_3378.jpeg

Some more Jake's sausage from Bardstown this morning for breakfast. And a little coffee with bourbon cream.

20231022_114154.jpg

20231022_115829.jpg

• I like it 2

Guess what’s for supper on Halloween? The fall seasons first batch of Joe’s sweet Hoosier chili mac. 😎

IMG_2902.thumb.jpeg.6309b1d43e78f3a8b19a66983a50ef1e.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Grilled venison & sauteed mushrooms...

[photos deleted by a miscreant who is commentingB)]

Did you shoot it or hit with your car/truck?:huh:  Looks good either way, but then roadkill often . . .

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Did you shoot it or hit with your car/truck?:huh:  Looks good either way, but then roadkill often . . .

I don't think it mattered to the deer :ph34r:

So I made a mistake this weekend.  I made chili and while I usually use a kit (usually a Carroll Shelby kit), I failed to pick up the tomato sauce that the kit calls for.  I also sub in andouille sausage for part of the hamburger.

So I had the chili partially done when I realized that I had not tomato sauce so I searched our cupboard for something to use as a sustitute.  The only thing I had was a large can of Campbell's tomato soup so I use that but did do the full dilution on the can.

It was surpisingly good.  A bit lighter tomato taste than tomato sauce and bit sweeter.  We liked it so much I may do that again.  Sometimes mistakes are good.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some bacon wrapped filets, baked potatoes, and salad.  Had to cook a couple filets a little more than I normally would for daughter and sil to get them to medium-ish. And then they hardly ate any!! 🤷‍♂️. Oh well..leftovers for me. The potatoes were called "bigguns". They were HUGE!

20231112_150611.jpg

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, Clueby said:

Some bacon wrapped filets, baked potatoes, and salad.  Had to cook a couple filets a little more than I normally would for daughter and sil to get them to medium-ish. And then they hardly ate any!! 🤷‍♂️. Oh well..leftovers for me. The potatoes were called "bigguns". They were HUGE!

20231112_150611.jpg

How did the bacon turn out?

I usually have to pre-cook the bacon a little bit before wrapping, or the bacon tends to be rubbery.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

How did the bacon turn out?

I usually have to pre-cook the bacon a little bit before wrapping, or the bacon tends to be rubbery.

I smoke the steaks at 225 for a bit till they hit about 100-105 internally before searing at 600 degrees. The bacon rendered out a bit that way and insulated the meat some so the bacon was pretty well cooked.  I wouldn't call it rubbery but it was soft.  It wasn't "crispy" but I don't like crispy bacon anyway.

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I smoke the steaks at 225 for a bit till they hit about 100-105 internally before searing at 600 degrees. The bacon rendered out a bit that way and insulated the meat some so the bacon was pretty well cooked.  I wouldn't call it rubbery but it was soft.  It wasn't "crispy" but I don't like crispy bacon anyway.

You had me at bacon !🥓😍😍😍🥓