What’s on the menu????

fishnbowljoe

So I Thai peanuted a bison steak today. Had it with sprouts and mango rice.

20240512_181008.jpg

• I like it 2

• 1 month later...

A tomahawk steak(Pittsburgh rare), baked potatoe and cucumber/vidallia onion salad for Father’s Day! 

IMG_2159.jpeg

• I like it 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done seasoning the griddle at the lake. Ready for some ribeyes this evening. 

Prost!!  Phil 

17197771949797068874230968165899.jpg

• I like it 5

Bacon this morning. Necessary for bloody marys. 

Prost!!  Phil 

IMG_20240701_104733.jpg

• I like it 8

It’s going to be 24 hours before they’ll be ready to eat, but just mixed up a crockpot full of hot bol’d peanuts for the long July 4th weekend.  

IMG_5501.jpeg

• I like it 3

Having the daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter over this afternoon/evening.   I'll grill some mini-filets and some buttered mini-potatoes along with roasted carrots & whatever sides Gayle plans.   I'll offer some Wild Turkey Mint Juleps from a patch of peppermint my neighbor offered me last fall when she was thinning her patch.   It's doing GREAT!!    Possibly 3-times the size it started, and filled in densely!    We'll probably play lawn games (until everybody says; "It's too damned hot & humid. Let's go inside and play Euchre.").    Either way; a fun, tasty, celebratory and safe way to enjoy our Independence Day.

Slainte!

• I like it 1

Perfect, if I say so, myself…😁

IMG_5519.jpeg

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Perfect, if I say so, myself…😁

IMG_5519.jpeg

I've seen signs when we travel down south for boiled peanuts. Never had them. Can you fill me in on your process?

Prost!!  Phil 

I too, have always wondered about 'boiled p-nuts'.   It seems many (all?) "Southerners" love 'em, so I assume they're pretty tasty.   Never had the chance to try 'em, though.   I'd like to though.

I respect that many people love them but to me they are just hot, wet, peanuts. 🤷‍♂️ I'll stick to dry roasted.

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

I've seen signs when we travel down south for boiled peanuts. Never had them. Can you fill me in on your process?

Prost!!  Phil 

Here’s the recipe. Use raw peanuts in the shell.  Not roasted.   This recipe is more a Cajun style with the spices.  You can just use salt if you like.  I subbed sport peppers for the jalapeños, and add the liquid smoke, which I think gives a nice flavor bump.  24 hours on low in the crockpot.  7 Qt crockpot works best, as this recipe is too much for smaller ones.  But, you can adjust proportions accordingly.  

IMG_5512.jpeg

• I like it 2

Did a couple of pizzas on the Weber kettle for dinner last night, before heading out for fireworks.  

IMG_5527.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

• I like it 3

Damn Joe!   That Pizza pic loox really good!   It loox like the way they did their pizza in Italy when we toured the Northern part.   Making my mouth water... if only it was gluten-free. Ha!

• 2 weeks later...

Pork Chops with Apple Cinnamon bbq sauce from Lynchburg.  Wonderful stuff!  So good, it was gone before pics.

• I like it 1

On 7/5/2024 at 8:41 AM, smokinjoe said:

Did a couple of pizzas on the Weber kettle for dinner last night, before heading out for fireworks.  

IMG_5527.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

Outstanding!

I'm a Weber geek...and love the gold kettle.

Where did you get the pizza oven attachment? I must get one!!

On 7/19/2024 at 10:35 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Outstanding!

I'm a Weber geek...and love the gold kettle.

Where did you get the pizza oven attachment? I must get one!!

Sorry late getting back to you!  I got it as a Father's Day present, I think…😁. The girls said the ordered from them directly here:

https://www.kettlepizza.com/charcoal-grill-pizza-oven-kits/

While all that I’ve made have been good+, the last one was exceptional.  There are a few tricks that I learned along the way, that resulted in this last one.  Charcoal and pan positioning is crucial, and wood chunks on the coals is what not only gives it that cool fire inside, but it seriously raises the temp in the oven, which gives the pizza the nice crisp.  Buried the thermometer this time.

IMG_5525.jpeg

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Sorry late getting back to you!  I got it as a Father's Day present, I think…😁. The girls said the ordered from them directly here:

https://www.kettlepizza.com/charcoal-grill-pizza-oven-kits/

While all that I’ve made have been good+, the last one was exceptional.  There are a few tricks that I learned along the way, that resulted in this last one.  Charcoal and pan positioning is crucial, and wood chunks on the coals is what not only gives it that cool fire inside, but it seriously raises the temp in the oven, which gives the pizza the nice crisp.  Buried the thermometer this time.

IMG_5525.jpeg

Thank you very much and thanks for the tips.