What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The thermometer has dropped in Oklahoma tonight, The Winter Solstice was earlier this week and Christmas is upon us. So, I say Winter is here. 

In my glass tonight, MMCS &

MM Private Select.  What are you enjoying?

Cheers &  Happy Holidays 

Edited by Wedelstaedt
  • I like it 3

I’m enjoying a bottle of EHT small batch this week. Really loving the caramel, vanilla with some spice. Great finish with a slight oily feel and sweetness that will slightly linger. In my opinion a terrific drinking experience. 

Merry Christmas to all, cheers. 

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Respectfully said:

Finished up a Blanton and back to Belle Meade. Picked up a cognac for desserts. 

967gaFf.jpg

This looks beautiful.  Merry Christmas. 

• I like it 1

Wife made some bourbon chocolate chunk cookies yesterday. I had her use some LBP and paired with the same. Yum.

AA5570D4-6A64-49A6-B8E5-A0B7B2348EDA.jpeg

• I like it 2

I hadn't had WTRB in several years. I feel like the last time I tried it was probably about 8-10 years ago. NC ABC has it makes down a few bucks this month, so I decided to give it a go.

Glad I did, because much like going back to try the WT101, revisiting this after many years gives me a totally different take on it. The praises folks place on this seem completely justified. Rock solid, nicely balanced, readily available, fairly priced barrel proof release that's consistently on point. Hard to beat that.

A funny side note, of my meager little stash, it's currently almost entirely made up on WT products: 1 WTRB, 1 WTKS (fantail), 2 WT101, 1 RRSiB PS, 1 ECBP B520

2119759205_WildTurkeyRareBreed-3b.thumb.jpg.18d4d90585aeb1a343f28e6b196c8fb5.jpg

• I like it 6

Tonight, we will have sips of Joe's WB, Gary's Batch.  We usually host a large dinner on Christmas Eve for family and for friends of all persuasions (Vegans, Festivus, Hanukkah, etc.).  The two of us will be thinking of the folks who cannot join us this year as well as those who can no longer join us which is something we do every year.  The WB just "fits".

• I like it 7

Sorry this post was supposed to be winter, not fall (day late etc.)

Decided to stick to the wheater/rye thing for Christmas. Well, I did the wheater for a couple of days, now it's time for the rye. Been sitting on this for a couple of years, so...

Everyone have the merriest of Christmas and a joyous, healthy New Years!!!

Peace to all...

20201224_134817.thumb.jpg.ffe617e7cc85e247ac9d992e0cbf9e91.jpg

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, k-train said:

I hadn't had WTRB in several years. I feel like the last time I tried it was probably about 8-10 years ago. NC ABC has it makes down a few bucks this month, so I decided to give it a go.

Glad I did, because much like going back to try the WT101, revisiting this after many years gives me a totally different take on it. The praises folks place on this seem completely justified. Rock solid, nicely balanced, readily available, fairly priced barrel proof release that's consistently on point. Hard to beat that.

A funny side note, of my meager little stash, it's currently almost entirely made up on WT products: 1 WTRB, 1 WTKS (fantail), 2 WT101, 1 RRSiB PS, 1 ECBP B520

2119759205_WildTurkeyRareBreed-3b.thumb.jpg.18d4d90585aeb1a343f28e6b196c8fb5.jpg

It isn't the size of your stash but what you have in it.  I would take what you have in your stash any day.  Wild Turkey has been hitting it out of the park lately.

• I like it 1

A couple of pours of Remus Repeal Reserve IV tonight.  This is the perfect holiday dessert bourbon.  This bottle continues to open up.  I am getting a nice hint of caramel and those hard candy strips from Christmas's past on the palate, followed by a long spicy finish and hints of fruit jelly as the spice fades.

I thought I was imagining things so I had my youngest son try it.  He is only 6 so what does he know.  Just kidding.  He is 23.  He is not a whiskey drinker but he had the same impression.

Dare I another pour?  I know answer.  Yes, tonight Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and there will be another pour.  However, it will be a different expression.  Need to save this stuff for another day.

th?id=OIP.eEzeL5rFn1DFbX0FIAI9ywHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=210&h=159th?id=OIP._q-XrX6-HNOnR__RYVKIfwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

A couple of pours of Remus Repeal Reserve IV tonight.  This is the perfect holiday dessert bourbon.  This bottle continues to open up.  I am getting a nice hint of caramel and those hard candy strips from Christmas's past on the palate, followed by a long spicy finish and hints of fruit jelly as the spice fades.

I thought I was imagining things so I had my youngest son try it.  He is only 6 so what does he know.  Just kidding.  He is 23.  He is not a whiskey drinker but he had the same impression.

Dare I another pour?  I know answer.  Yes, tonight Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and there will be another pour.  However, it will be a different expression.  Need to save this stuff for another day.

th?id=OIP.eEzeL5rFn1DFbX0FIAI9ywHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=210&h=159th?id=OIP._q-XrX6-HNOnR__RYVKIfwHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

You are killing me broo! Merry Christmas to you and the family!

Started early with the special pours. Prime Rib is in the oven and we have a very big Cabernet decanting so while the palate is fresh pre dinner I'm enjoying some WTMK 17yr BIB and then some PVW15.

Glorious.

• I like it 4

A pour of BT before returning to WT RB Rye for the 2nd night in a row. With a couple of cubes, this is really hitting the right notes.

• I like it 2

First pour of Christmas Eve, WTMK 17BIB. If I could have a candle that smelled like this I'd light it every day. Dang, this is fantastic! 

20201224_205441.jpg

• I like it 2

RR Binny’s pick while watching Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Give me the high rye spice for Christmas anytime. Wish I’d bought 5 more of these when I had the chance. 

• I like it 3

It’s snowing tonight, which should make for a white Christmas. And I thought to myself, yeah....let’s have two fingers of High West MWND. 

Merry Christmas, SB family. ?

Edited by Rhettro
  • I like it 4

22 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

It’s snowing tonight, which should make for a white Christmas. And I thought to myself, yeah....let’s have two fingers of High West MWND. 

Fantastic! Christmas Eve snow is the absolute best!

• I like it 4

50 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

I poured the same. Whoever said “Christmas in a glass” about the MWND hit the nail on the head! 

Cheers all! Merry Christmas (Eve)!

Edited by BigSkyDrams
Typo
  • I like it 1

I just finished making sure Santa placed presents by the tree.

It's funny, I realized how serious it was to my son one day.  I pretended to dial Santa on the phone, to give updates on what goes on around here.  My son didn't like that at all.  

Now I'm relaxing with a little FRYL.

• I like it 3

MMCS in glass tonight. Christmas music in the background, Yule Log on TV.

What could be better.

Merry Christmas SB Peeps.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.