What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enjoying a pour of WT12 to celebrate two victories today. 

#1 and most important, a family health victory!!

#2 and a very distant 2nd, OU Sooners victory over UF Gators in The Cotton Bowl Classic. 

Happy New Year. 

• I like it 9

32 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Went with a pour of ER SP for a quite and relaxing Hump Day evening.

Started with WSR. Followed that with a pour of regular ER. Both good. 👅

• I like it 4

Starting the afternoon off with a very good 4R’s OESK store pick from 2013. So good. 
And letting my new Golden retriever puppy play around outside. B858A9A6-498A-4C6F-BFA6-207C8DB8997C.thumb.jpeg.71c2599ef5a55f5f4018a2a2b3724daa.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 12

36 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Starting the afternoon off with a very good 4R’s OESK store pick from 2013. So good. 
And letting my new Golden retriever puppy play around outside.

Cool. Nice pic Lloyd. Your love of the FR’s is understandable. 👍 I for one would like to see a few more pics of your new puppy please. 😉

Biba!  Joe

• I like it 3

Starting with dessert. Root beer floats! I didn't have any BT on hand. Made with home made ice cream.

20201231_182127.jpg

• I like it 6

Next up, old fashioned made with PHC.  You can say what you want about the curaçao finish but it makes a fine OF!

001F80C2-F3B6-4C98-BD10-D295B35DF8FA.jpeg

• I like it 4

49 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Next up, old fashioned made with PHC.  You can say what you want about the curaçao finish but it makes a fine OF!

001F80C2-F3B6-4C98-BD10-D295B35DF8FA.jpeg

I gave that one to my parents. My mom loves using it for bourbon flavored icing and whipped cream. It's soo good

On New Year’s I always have several different pours to excite the taste buds.  Started with Jefferson’s Presidential 18 year and about to pour PHC Cognac Finish.  Not sure where it will go from there.

• I like it 3

I’m having a couple of pours of BT this evening. So far. 😜 BT always tastes pretty good to me, but this bottle seems to be just a skosh  better than normal.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

38 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

WT101

It’s gonna be a great year!

It can’t be any worse and bourbon can only make it better.

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Cool. Nice pic Lloyd. Your love of the FR’s is understandable. 👍 I for one would like to see a few more pics of your new puppy please. 😉

Biba!  Joe

I am a huge dog lover. I am even friends with one of my neighbors Great Dane.  Everyone seems to be afraid of him.  I think he is cool.  I occasionally run into him while running.  The neighbor is always with him but he can't keep him in tow.  The dog always thinks I am coming by to play.  😜  I always stop with a smile and pet him.  Just so he knows I am his buddy.  The first time I encountered him, I thought he was going to knock me on my ... When I go to friends houses, I am the guy sitting on the floor playing with the dogs.  

Tonight for me, I hit WR, followed by a 50/50 blend of OF100/OF1920 that I let sit for an hour, followed by another pour of WR.  All solid pours.  2020 was a year unlike any other.  I want to wake up with a clear mind and ready for a New Year.  

1 hour ago, AlfaLarreo said:

On New Year’s I always have several different pours to excite the taste buds.  Started with Jefferson’s Presidential 18 year and about to pour PHC Cognac Finish.  Not sure where it will go from there.

I am sure it will go to another pour.

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

Starting with dessert. Root beer floats! I didn't have any BT on hand. Made with home made ice cream.

20201231_182127.jpg

I was expecting to see photos of Freddie's Root Beer Floats.  Well done!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, LCWoody said:

And letting my new Golden retriever puppy play around outside. B858A9A6-498A-4C6F-BFA6-207C8DB8997C.thumb.jpeg.71c2599ef5a55f5f4018a2a2b3724daa.jpeg

OESK...always good!

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Enjoying a pour of WT12 to celebrate two victories today. 

#1 and most important, a family health victory!!

#2 and a very distant 2nd, OU Sooners victory over UF Gators in The Cotton Bowl Classic. 

Happy New Year. 

Congratulations on the family health victory!  I don't have a dog in the fight on the OU-FLA game but I would pick the Sooners both because it is the Cotton Bowl and I used to follow them more closely back when Barry Switzer was the coach.

Edited by mbroo5880i

3 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am sure it will go to another pour.

I’m a weak person.  The old WFE 9 yr, 121 proof and now GTS.  I will likely end the year with PVW 15.

• I like it 1

Just now, AlfaLarreo said:

I’m a weak person.  The old WFE 9 yr, 121 proof and now GTS.  I will likely end the year with PVW 15.

Weak isn't the adjective that I would use.  Dedicated is more like it!  😉

Now, that is quite the finish!

• I like it 2

I am drinking tonight to kick this year to the curb.  Started with EHT, moved to RR, and now enjoying an American original.  Here’s to a great 2021!

21E5C9D9-61E5-4602-9466-ADB1FC268141.jpeg

• I like it 7

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

20201231_182127.jpg

Damn that looks amazing!

I can bring you some BT... just saying...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.