What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Wilderness  Trail BIB.  This was gifted.

It's good. Would I buy it? Jury is still out.

20201226_123447.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 1

37 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

A really good bourbon and a great fire.... and some filet mignon earlier. 

1541D307-7995-4437-8AA1-D8D6ACBC7AB7.thumb.jpeg.3f7c80afff699c217e482f6191601598.jpeg
37E3FAE0-2EAE-4EAC-A2CE-0EF35734547A.thumb.jpeg.deca1a9119722d247a9e1d22bb30ad94.jpeg

Helluva good looking fire

1 hour ago, LCWoody said:

A really good bourbon and a great fire.... and some filet mignon earlier. 

1541D307-7995-4437-8AA1-D8D6ACBC7AB7.thumb.jpeg.3f7c80afff699c217e482f6191601598.jpeg
37E3FAE0-2EAE-4EAC-A2CE-0EF35734547A.thumb.jpeg.deca1a9119722d247a9e1d22bb30ad94.jpeg

Dude, now that is just showing off!  ?  JK, looks like a nice evening!

There is an active shooter situation just a mile or so from our house at “my” bowing alley. Unconfirmed reports say that three people may have been killed. A post on the bowing alleys Facebook site says “Please pray”. I have a feeling I will be climbing the Weller Ladder tonight.  When will all this stupid shit end?

Just now, fishnbowljoe said:

When will all this stupid shit end?

The history of our world says "never".

Prayers up for your neighborhood. May the Wellers bring you solace tonight.

• I like it 2

Tonight I am in the mood for a cherry cola bomb, so I went with EHT SiB. I decided to toss in a sbs with a wonderful ER10 SP. As good as the ER10 is, it can't hang with a special barrel of EHT. 

I wish EHT SiB was readily available at $55 (what I paid for this 3 years ago) and always as good as this barrel. 

20201226_203523.jpg

• I like it 4

Time got away from me this year, so didn’t make my yearly candy cane infused bourbon bottle.  But, I will not be denied it’s enjoyment.  MMCS with a candy cane stirrer while listening to Mrssmokinjoe play Christmas songs on the piano.  

05F37B1D-11FD-45C7-B045-801480E8F97F.jpeg

• I like it 7

Weller SR, Weller 12, and OWA so far. The Weller 12 and OWA are both newly opened. 

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, k-train said:

WTRB>WTKS>WT101

Just as God...I mean, Jimmy intended... ?

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

There is an active shooter situation just a mile or so from our house at “my” bowing alley. Unconfirmed reports say that three people may have been killed. A post on the bowing alleys Facebook site says “Please pray”. I have a feeling I will be climbing the Weller Ladder tonight.  When will all this stupid shit end?

Prayers nobody you know was hurt. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Time got away from me this year, so didn’t make my yearly candy cane infused bourbon bottle.  But, I will not be denied it’s enjoyment.  MMCS with a candy cane stirrer while listening to Mrssmokinjoe play Christmas songs on the piano.  

05F37B1D-11FD-45C7-B045-801480E8F97F.jpeg

Glad I'm not the only one still listening to Christmas music tonight.  I just posted on the "What has your ear" ... I've got some Chet Atkins Christmas music going tonight.  I plan on some Vince Guaraldi  Charlie  Bowne music soon.

Rebel Yell 10 year single barrel in the glass.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Glad I'm not the only one still listening to Christmas music tonight.  I just posted on the "What has your ear" ... I've got some Chet Atkins Christmas music going tonight.  I plan on some Vince Guaraldi  Charlie  Bowne music soon.

Rebel Yell 10 year single barrel in the glass.

We must keep the spirit bright as long as we can!  ?

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

We must keep the spirit bright as long as we can!  ?

Yeah, stretching it out on the weekend. I didn't get enough before Christmas so making up for lost time! ?

On 12/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

Some warmup Wellers before going into an Old Rip with some ribeye. Merry Christmas all!

A262A940-0AAC-4159-8E45-5ED7D59FD0BC.jpeg

I see what you did there with the Christmas colors!  Nice touch.

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Terrible. Stay safe Joe. 

WSR in my glass tonight.  Not exotic. Just a tasty sipper. 

Cheers 

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Spelling Correction

38 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WSR in my glass tonight.  Not exotic. Just a tasty sipper. 

Cheers 

The WSR is really clicking tonight. More than usual.

I was planning a mini Weller ladder tonight. But since The Special Reserve is so good, looks like I will stand pat at the 1st rung. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Took me a morning of golf and an afternoon nap today to shake off the cobwebs of a Merry Christmas Day.  I’m refreshed and ready to post this somewhat lengthy SbSbS note about some Beam products.......

Decided to compare JB Distillers Cut with Old Tub BIB and JB SiB PS (Costco pick).  Half pours of each went into identical glasses, and allowed to breathe for 15 mins as the OT and JB SiB were both from newly opened bottles.  First sip of each was preceded with a quick sip/swish of Crystal Geyser bottles still water.  In order of consumption:

DC - easily one of my fave budget pours, and the final pours from the current bottle didn’t fail me.  Signature Beam peanut wrapped in caramel and orange zest on the palate to a long, warm finish.  No off notes whatsoever.  

OT - this drank “cooler” and more muted than the DC, with a peppery dill and lemon as the predominant notes.  Made me wonder if this would be interesting as part of a salmon brine.  I’m glad I have just a single bottle of this, as I don’t expect future pours to improve to where I’d consider drinking this instead of JB DC. 

SiB PS - peanut, orange and a little cocoa.  Better than the OT.  Not as good as the DC.  Bought a 6-pack of these when they were marked down at the Costco that did the barrel pick.  Cost

ended up being similar to JB DC, so these are more likely to be gifted than consumed.  

If you haven’t figured it out by now, JB DC is a helluva QPR IMO....... ?

E88F671B-5BF1-4332-9EC1-048A5236805B.jpeg

Edited by parksmart
Added pic
  • I like it 3

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

If you haven’t figured it out by now, JB DC is a helluva QPR IMO....... ?

E88F671B-5BF1-4332-9EC1-048A5236805B.jpeg

Great SBSBS.  And nice Waterford (Lisemore or ?) snifters - great glass!   ?

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yeah, stretching it out on the weekend. I didn't get enough before Christmas so making up for lost time! ?

I was listening to Christmas music yesterday too! Football will on tv all day today so I won't get any in today but I bet I'll still listen to some tomorrow! While drinking my Christmas wheaters of course.

• I like it 1

Ended the evening last night with Weller FP, my 2018 Weller Blend, and 2018 WLW. Tonight??????

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I saw this on the national news and thought of you.  It also sounded like it might have been random. ☹️

Getting ready to watch the Titans-Packers game at the end of the long holiday weekend.  I thought about passing on a pour tonight but decided that a small pour or two of WR while watching the game would hit the spot.  Besides, I need to forget the Colts second half collapse versus the Steelers today.  They are now on the outside looking in to make the playoffs.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.