What Bourbon Are You Drinking? (Winter 2020)

Wedelstaedt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, Edd said:

New to the forums, but here was my Friday night offering for poker night with the fellas

20210314_062856.jpg

Solid lineup! Love seeing all that Turkey.

3 hours ago, flahute said:

Solid lineup! Love seeing all that Turkey.

I'm a long time Scotch drinker and fairly new to borboun, but I must say that the rare breed is becoming a quick favorite.

Enjoying this Sunday of extra daylight with a glorious sunset streaming through the Georgia pines, and a nice pour of Woodford.  

061F34FD-C251-4F72-A761-69E668FECBE7.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 6

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Enjoying this Sunday of extra daylight with a glorious sunset streaming through the Georgia pines, and a nice pour of Woodford.  

061F34FD-C251-4F72-A761-69E668FECBE7.jpeg

OGD BIB on ice here.  Overdid it outside yesterday in the Mid-Atlantic, and today was scheduled as a cleaning the bedrooms day, anyway so I stayed inside.  We, too, stopped to admire the Sunset.  How fat is Life?  Sublimely fat, I say.

THX, Joe.  We did not take a pic - just stared.

• I like it 3

Indeed, Harry.  As a great Chicagoan philosopher (not MrsHarry, this time...😊) once said:

Life moves pretty fast.  You don’t stop and look around once in a while—you could miss it.  

Cheers!

• I like it 4

As it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and in order to stay on point, I needed something green after the obligatory Irish Whiskey I quaffed down during the corned beef.  So Green Label Evan Williams BIB it is!! 

33764844-5346-4D81-B5D3-7B21DC561784.jpeg

• I like it 8

9 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

As it’s St. Patrick’s Day, and in order to stay on point, I needed something green after the obligatory Irish Whiskey I quaffed down during the corned beef.  

I hit the Bushmills 16 before downing a couple of Guiness drafts with my corned beef and cabbage.  Finished off the night with a wee dram of Joe's 2018 Weller Blend.  SWMBO said I didn't  snore all night - it's a St. Patrick's Day miracle!

😅

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I hit the Bushmills 16 before downing a couple of Guiness drafts with my corned beef and cabbage.  Finished off the night with a wee dram of Joe's 2018 Weller Blend.  SWMBO said I didn't  snore all night - it's a St. Patrick's Day miracle!

😅

Well, if SWMBO was pleased, you  simply must repeat daily! Well, at least the beer and whisk(e)y parts... 😂

• I like it 2

Well, there goes my bracket...Dammit, Bucks 😞 Oh well, a $6 Buffalo Trace to carry around the battery while waiting on the Antico Pizza to finish makes things a little easier.  

A8DB3546-01F2-4D6A-A70B-5C746099AFE2.jpeg

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Well, there goes my bracket...Dammit, Bucks 😞 Oh well, a $6 Buffalo Trace to carry around the battery while waiting on the Antico Pizza to finish makes things a little easier.  

A8DB3546-01F2-4D6A-A70B-5C746099AFE2.jpeg

Antico always lifts my spirits!

• I like it 1

A Heaven Hill evening for me. A few rounds of EC NAS ps, pretty good, but obviously younger than the venerable EC12.

Now onto EWSiB 2005. Much more refined than the EC. The age is so obvious given the Oak & leather notes of this whiskey. It is hard to believe this  good whiskey standard bottle, only cost me $17.89 back in late 2015. Alas, the good 'ole days. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Old Forester Statesman on a nice Spring afternoon.  I literally “lost” this 1/2 drained bottle several weeks ago, but stumbled upon it in an out-of-the-way garage “location” over the weekend...I’m starting to feel like Harry...  😂.  

First taste today confirms what I already knew.  This is my favorite Old Fo release.  😋

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Old Forester Statesman on a nice Spring afternoon.  I literally “lost” this 1/2 drained bottle several weeks ago, but stumbled upon it in an out-of-the-way garage “location” over the weekend...I’m starting to feel like Harry...  😂.  

First taste today confirms what I already knew.  This is my favorite Old Fo release.  😋

I'm not impressed till it's someone else's garage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.