Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I finished off a Distiller's Cut tonight, as well. I will quickly crack open another!

11 hours ago, MM818 said:

I’ll miss you! LL/GH.

I'm working on a handle of LL/IJ (Oct. 2020) that's absolutely fantastic.  It will make you forget that LL/GH... 

• I like it 3

13 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Definitely want to replace this.

50F9F892-C2D3-4DE7-B302-29715D9EC04F.thumb.jpeg.8d6c1ff10991725ce71e1acc104ad315.jpeg

You might want to go ahead and grab two if your pours are that big!

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

You might want to go ahead and grab two if your pours are that big!

Jedi mind trick, 1 big pour better than a few small pours to those whom may be watching… I’m looking at the swmbo’s. 

learned that one from Harry

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, TehRegion219 said:

Jedi mind trick, 1 big pour better than a few small pours to those whom may be watching… I’m looking at the swmbo’s. 

Exactly!

11 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Well played sir.

Needed to make some space so trying a new tactic for a Barrel Aged cocktail. I’d say the backbone is the Rebel 100 and ER. Very small amount of ECBP.

D19DF6F0-3EBC-45B5-92E7-3864B928B2F6.jpeg

• I like it 1

My first bottle of Elmer T. Lee, and I did like it.  But, I can understand those who would pass at inflated prices as there are as-good or better options available .  I got this one (and two more in the bunker) at just under $40 a bottle a year back.  Glad I did.  This one will be missed until the next one gets opened.

2144760002_20210724_1809121.thumb.jpg.e498203fc632cc269d87c0f295ab2bb3.jpg

• I like it 5

Bid farewell to an ECBP A121.  Have a couple more in the bunker.  

I'd have to agree that this wasn't my favorite batch; but still great whiskey for $65/bottle.  

I'll drink these up before dipping into my stash of B517s.  

Nothing to note as of yet. But…… My wife is retiring. Her last day of work is the day after tomorrow. With that and my own impending retirement, I have several very nice, low fill bottles that may be meeting their demise in short order. Stay tuned…….. 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 9

22 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nothing to note as of yet. But…… My wife is retiring. Her last day of work is the day after tomorrow. With that and my own impending retirement, I have several very nice, low fill bottles that may be meeting their demise in short order. Stay tuned…….. 🙂

Biba! Joe

I’ll be enjoying myself and having some fun in the coming days/weeks. FWIW, the 2019 GTS sample was given to me by Galvin0791. This was from a bottle he was able to purchase thanks to Vosgar. 😇

Biba! Joe
image.thumb.jpeg.117fce5f3d12395a1ef556f2493c4bbd.jpeg

• I like it 7

Some recently retired bottles.  I loved each and every one of them in their own special way!

Recycled Bottles 061721.jpg

• I like it 7

Needed to clear some space, so finished this one off tonight in a couple of pre-dinner cocktails.  It was good, another one is in the bunker.

1439547050_20210729_0849141.thumb.jpg.e9b61ddf3c655b169823519aa562dde4.jpg

• I like it 3

E638CB8B-BA72-4824-8020-0DBA4803C539.thumb.jpeg.3341a4f14411a782419c084e9ac4175c.jpegI finished a very good bottle of WJ Lucky 13 last night. This is a barrel that I picked at WJ Distillery at the beginning of March right before everything started shutting down. I miss picking barrels at the distillery’s. 

• I like it 1

This one hit all the right notes for me. Interestingly, it also had a chalk note that separated it from previous offerings. $25 well spent.

02109B25-5547-42CB-BC5D-E8FD3DA9ECEC.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, DeepCover said:

This one hit all the right notes for me. Interestingly, it also had a chalk note that separated it from previous offerings. $25 well spent.

02109B25-5547-42CB-BC5D-E8FD3DA9ECEC.jpeg

What beautiful picture!  Not the empty bottle.  Although it sounds like you enjoy it.  But, your pool and yard.  I could drink bourbon in that environment any day!  Looks like a great party pool!

9 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

What beautiful picture!  Not the empty bottle.  Although it sounds like you enjoy it.  But, your pool and yard.  I could drink bourbon in that environment any day!  Looks like a great party pool!

Thank you! We’ve enjoyed it quite a bit, especially with the Covid-19 impact last year. We built it in 2019 and got lucky. 

my guilty pleasure (the lazy SOB that I am) is to heat up the hot tub and watch TV in my float (in the hot tub). It’s awesome! My wife hates me.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

Thank you! We’ve enjoyed it quite a bit, especially with the Covid-19 impact last year. We built it in 2019 and got lucky. 

my guilty pleasure (the lazy SOB that I am) is to heat up the hot tub and watch TV in my float (in the hot tub). It’s awesome! My wife hates me.

She is just jealous that you have found your happy place.  As long as your TV doesn't get the Hallmark Channel you are golden!

• I like it 3

My most recent empties are a case study in bourbon economics and the law of diminishing returns. 

The bottle on the left cost me $9.99 in Kentucky four years ago.

The one on the right cost me $99.99 two years ago.

The one on the left is a good bourbon. 

The one on the right is a very good bourbon.  Neither are great bourbons.  Spend wisely.

20210731_154607.jpg

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.