Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

20 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Finished off a really good, solid bottle of Weller special reserve. Always a good, dependable, know what you are getting poor… 

D1F270CB-5935-497B-A47F-908085DD82EB.thumb.jpeg.01d33518cca24a935ef6702e6b0fe9a6.jpeg

Oh how I fondly recall the days when this was a $12.99 bottle that collected dust on store shelves.

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, Special Reserve said:

Oh how I fondly recall the days when this was a $12.99 bottle that collected dust on store shelves.

Still a good price these days at $19 to $22 in most stores in Texas.

2 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

Not in Michigan, in the past two years I found one bottle at about $26, of course I bought it.  I've found OWA at $199/750 mL.

5 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

My nephew lives in the Denton area and tells me it's unicorn tears there as much as here.

5 minutes ago, lemonman said:

My nephew lives in the Denton area and tells me it's unicorn tears there as much as here.

Plenty on the shelves today, I should have picked 1 or 2 up but passed.

5 hours ago, LCWoody said:

It simply doesn't exist here in Pennsylvania and Jersey.  Bizarrely, that only way I have been able to taste this recently is to find each year the BT Kosher Wheat Recipe.   

7 hours ago, LCWoody said:

and a few in CO...

16 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A couple of repurposed empties. 😎

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.bcd1bc815bec38ddee86d7d4e79f21c9.jpeg

That looks way cool.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

It simply doesn't exist here in Pennsylvania and Jersey.  Bizarrely, that only way I have been able to taste this recently is to find each year the BT Kosher Wheat Recipe.   

echo that!

18 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

Hard to believe it was once the red headed stepchild of the Wellers that people would actually turn away from.

• I like it 2

Man down. 

Took a year or so to finish, but that last third was terrific. I’ll be replacing it soon - maybe as early as tomorrow 🥃

E8E0FAF6-D05E-4359-9FEE-021AA5C5487C.jpeg

• I like it 2

Another one bites the dust. This was fine at the $35 price point, but like all things Sazerac I believe it’s up to $50 so likely my last bottle. 

Moved on to KC12. Ohhhh yes. Now this is a fantastic pour and well worth the $70.

image.jpg

• I like it 4

Continuing the purge by killing a VOBBiB I picked up when we were unexpectedly stranded in KY. Actually, the wife face timed me from Kroger and was amazed when I told her I wanted the bottom shelf bottle asking several times “are you sure?” 

Good stuff. 

• I like it 3

Polished off the bottle of Old Fitz BIB 13yr I opened to celebrate our anniversary a few months ago. I was a good, solid bottle. Nothing amazing or note worthy in my mind, but still a good and enjoyable pour and that is all that matters.

• I like it 3

26 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I do enjoy this profile and do have a backup.

6E39D55C-CCDC-4A8E-90AD-2F4E41D2732F.jpeg

I feel your pain.  At least you have a sibling to provide support in your time of need.

3 hours ago, markandrex said:

I do enjoy this profile and do have a backup.

6E39D55C-CCDC-4A8E-90AD-2F4E41D2732F.jpeg

I remember the day this dropped in PGH. My toddler had a really bad case of the poops, and I couldn’t get out to snag one. I’ve been dying to get my hands on one ever since. Saw a bottle on vacation back in September for $250. I didn’t want it that badly.

Sad to see this one go.   This was one of the early finished bourbons ,  put up in Sonoma Pinot Noir barrels.   The bourbon is terrific,  with just a kiss of the wine barrel;  it's still one of the most subtle finished bourbons I've had, and one of the best. 

20211207_213955.jpg

• I like it 3

On 12/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, flahute said:

Hard to believe it was once the red headed stepchild of the Wellers that people would actually turn away from.

I've made that turn several times & had red hair in my younger days, though not step...

Now it doesn't even show up anymore; the bottle and red hair.

Funny how irony kicks you when you're down!!! 😜

• I like it 2

9 minutes ago, Clueby said:

The Mrs. and I took down the end of an ER10 last night watching silly Disney movies.

Bambi?

45 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Bambi?

Naah...the newest silly Disney movie. Jungle Cruise.

Besides...Bambi isn't "silly", its downright dark.

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 1

6 hours ago, Clueby said:

Besides...Bambi isn't "silly", its downright dark.

Mmmm - Mom's venison chili.  Yummo!   😭

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.