Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

He said sarcastically. 

He said underratedly.  

I still vote italics should = sarcasm font

8 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

He said underratedly.  

I still vote italics should = sarcasm font

Mmmm - Mom's venison chili.  Yummo!    🥳

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Mmmm - Mom's venison chili.  Yummo!    🥳

Another batch? Dayuuuum!   🥣

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

More good ones bite the dust.  Of these, the only first-timer for me was the Dickel 13 yr. BiB which I picked up based on positive reviews on this site.  I agree that it is an enjoyable pour and a solid buy at around $45.  I have already added another bottle to my cabinet.

Empty Bottles 121321.jpg

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, steven s said:

how was that Hancock's?

I'd say it's good but certainly not great.  Lags behind the other BT mash bill #2 products that I have had (Blanton's, ETL, and RHF).  Flavor is nice, but fairly thin and lacks much depth.  Of course, part of that is it's 88.9 proof.  I would definitely not pay a premium price for this, and would recommend anyone considering a purchase to try to find a pour at a bar first, if possible.

• I like it 4

Good night sweet prince.

(No judging by going back in my history and checking when I opened this bottle!)

20211214_223855.jpg

• I like it 2

Love MMCS but this bottle has been hit and miss during it’s tenure on my shelf.  In the end, I enjoyed it more times than I didn’t.

7F897C2F-3044-440C-A06C-AA767B1E734C.jpeg

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, Double C's said:

I nursed this bottle for far to long and it was time to kill it tonight.

20211215_204208.jpg

Oh Nice.

I remember that being a caramel bomb!

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Oh Nice.

I remember that being a caramel bomb!

It really turned into one when poured over a cube of ice. I have another SP of 1792 FP, but it is from a different place. Hopefully it will be enjoyable when I get around to opening it.

I finished off a local store pick of 4R OESQ.  Not my favorite recipe but I finally got it to sing with a cube of ice.  This pick was meh neat which is my default way of drinking unless something is off, and then I start adding water.  Drops of water never really helped but the small cube did.  I guess I need to use a cube more often instead of water drops to unlock some other barrel proof bottles.

• I like it 3

On 12/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, Swamp55 said:

More good ones bite the dust.  Of these, the only first-timer for me was the Dickel 13 yr. BiB which I picked up based on positive reviews on this site.  I agree that it is an enjoyable pour and a solid buy at around $45.  I have already added another bottle to my cabinet.

Empty Bottles 121321.jpg

Great variety of empties there, well done sir!

One down, but I was told Santa has another on the way for me. 🎅

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.cbc89be39423be976817900d6383fb08.jpeg

• I like it 3

I had not had one of these in a long game time.  I’ve had this bottle since late August.  It was good but not great. 

ACBB570A-F576-43F6-9E04-6815EFDE3E83.jpeg

19 hours ago, ThomasGazelle said:

I had not had one of these in a long game time.  I’ve had this bottle since late August.  It was good but not great. 

That's been my experience with 4R SiB.  Now that it's priced at >$40 here, it's not something that I keep on hand. 

Bin destined trio. Enjoyed each one of these bottles as a daily pour. Each good, and unique in their own way.

IMG_2757.jpg

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, kemosabe said:

This was good to the last drop - As usual.

Merry Christmas................

IMG_4105.jpg

Cool Pic.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:19 PM, Swamp55 said:

Empty Bottles 121321.jpg

Well, you been a busy little boy….

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.