Empty Bottle(s) Support Group — 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

25 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I tasted the yellow ones before but don't know the purple one.  What it taste like?:D

Grape! 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

57 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Yup.  Game was a surprise.  As was the ending.  A promise of things to come?  I don't think so.  Wash's running game reminded me of the George Allen years - four yards per play on average wins the game every time unless the other side is getting five per.  I'm not expecting a repeat next week.

Started with the dregs of a WT 101 KSBW then switched to a basic BT.  About three ounces altogether.  Got so engrossed in the game I forgot to drink up.

Agreed but I'll take it!

• I like it 1

This really good Blanton’s SP joined the other horses. In a better place now. That’s a lot of years of Blanton’s lol.

71F0F905-D79F-41CC-A9D6-02ACC88FF350.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 11/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Had to “retire” these bottles.😂

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.58f8ac8e3c56b2fb59a4301b39769d38.jpeg

The Wyoming Whiskey, how was it? I loved the standard one but never branched out otherwise. I want to know if I'm missing out.

My WR Very Fine Rare about to give its last in service to our country.   I always loved the idea of combining WR's perfect sipping proof - especially with food - with real aging.   This is luxury in a glass, a bourbon to rival old scotches of similar proof.

Tonight, Miles Smiles.

20211118_221859.jpg

20211118_223825.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 3

20 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

The Wyoming Whiskey, how was it? I loved the standard one but never branched out otherwise. I want to know if I'm missing out.

Outryder's good - it's a high rye blend,  different from the standard Wyoming Whiskey, which is a wheater.   I have a bottle bunkered - have to move it into the rotation one of these days.

• I like it 1

“Kickin’ ass and takin’ names.” There goes another one. 😜

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.aec3a66ff3de3ee6e3370a80e568a614.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Jazzhead said:

Outryder's good - it's a high rye blend,  different from the standard Wyoming Whiskey, which is a wheater.   I have a bottle bunkered - have to move it into the rotation one of these days.

I actually see it on some discount racks? The Outryder that is. It has kinda scared me off as I usually see the odd balls and unaccepted bottles on those shelves around here haha

5 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

I actually see it on some discount racks? The Outryder that is. It has kinda scared me off as I usually see the odd balls and unaccepted bottles on those shelves around here haha

So have I, I've seen it marked down.  But it's worthy, and even unique, and I'm glad to have it.

• I like it 1

Just now, LvR Mike said:

I had a bottle of Outryder a year or two ago that I found in the “clearance cart” at a local liquor store. It was good. I received a bottle a few weeks ago from my nephew as a retirement present. It hit the big blue bin 10 days ago. Needless to say, It was good too. FWIW, @WhiskeyBlender is a member here. She’s “in the business” as we say. She actually helps WW with the Outryder. 😎

Biba! Joe

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I had a bottle of Outryder a year or two ago that I found in the “clearance cart” at a local liquor store. It was good. I received a bottle a few weeks ago from my nephew as a retirement present. It hit the big blue bin 10 days ago. Needless to say, It was good too. FWIW, @WhiskeyBlender is a member here. She’s “in the business” as we say. She actually helps WW with the Outryder. 😎

Biba! Joe

I will admit I loved the WW so I just gotta pull the trigger and stop thinking.

34 minutes ago, LvR Mike said:

I will admit I loved the WW so I just gotta pull the trigger and stop thinking.

I like regular WW too. The Outryder is different, but in a good way. More going on, but nicely balanced IMHO. Buy one and try it. If you like it, go back and stock up. 👍

Biba! Joe

On 11/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

“Kickin’ ass and takin’ names.” There goes another one. 😜

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.aec3a66ff3de3ee6e3370a80e568a614.jpeg

Joe, What's in your Heaven Hill BiB blend?  Sounds like an interesting concept.

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

Joe, What's in your Heaven Hill BiB blend?  Sounds like an interesting concept.

It’s pretty much equal parts of JTS Brown, JW Dant and EW BIB. Maybe a little extra of the JW Dant because it comes in liter bottles. 😉 I think it’s pretty good. 😋

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

This was the best ER10 PS I've ever had. I gave Mrs. Clueby trouble when she bought it because it was overpriced...until I tried it.

20211121_175442.jpg

• I like it 5

It's a bottle kill night. Act 6 is gone. It's the last Act I really enjoyed although I've heard good things about this year's. 

Ooos..guess this should have gone in the rye threads.

20211121_195341.jpg

Edited by Clueby
  • I like it 3

On 11/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

It’s pretty much equal parts of JTS Brown, JW Dant and EW BIB. Maybe a little extra of the JW Dant because it comes in liter bottles. 😉 I think it’s pretty good. 😋

Biba! Joe

In an interview,  they claim that the only difference between those three releases is which days of the week they are bottled. There shouldn't be any difference in quality.  That being said, I have a higher preference to Dant over the others.

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

In an interview,  they claim that the only difference between those three releases is which days of the week they are bottled. There shouldn't be any difference in quality.  That being said, I have a higher preference to Dant over the others.

I don’t doubt that, as I have never been able to distinguish any difference between them.  However, I do tend to prefer the Brown and Dant simply for the old style labels.  😄

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I don’t doubt that, as I have never been able to distinguish any difference between them.  However, I do tend to prefer the Brown and Dant simply for the old style labels.  😄

I’ve heard several stories about the HH BIB’s. The most intriguing one is that it’s distillate destined for their other products that doesn’t quite make the cut. 🤔

Biba! Joe

8 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Something about the JTS Brown bottle/label just makes it taste better!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Something about the JTS Brown bottle/label just makes it taste better!

Or that it was from the movie “The Huster”? 🤔

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.