What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

That's a good one, I was impressed for the price. I will buy a replacement for mine one day.

I wouldn't wait too long.  Since Luxco has been sold to MGP the flavor profile of the DN line will likely change. 

• I like it 1

On 2/2/2021 at 2:31 PM, fosmith said:

I wouldn't wait too long.  Since Luxco has been sold to MGP the flavor profile of the DN line will likely change. 

Good point

Cracked my first bottle of VOB 100 tonight. I might add, it’s damn tasty for the price. Very high PQR. 

Big up’s to @PhantomLamb and @The Black Tot for getting me in on their K& L order back in December, which is how I procured this bottle. 

C294C42A-9C5C-4A19-A091-E06CA919160A.jpeg

• I like it 7

6 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Cracked my first bottle of VOB 100 tonight. I might add, it’s damn tasty for the price. Very high PQR. 

Just an FYI, it’s QPR.  PQR means the price is out of whack to the quality.....

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, parksmart said:

Just an FYI, it’s QPR.  PQR means the price is out of whack to the quality.....

Yes it is, you’re right! Lol, I missed that one - I guess that VOB did it’s job. 

• I like it 3

That EWBiB thread got me excited to grab a freshie. So I did today, and as you can see, I’ve already made a nice dent in the bottle. 

I stand by it, man - EWBiB is such a stellar value. Super tasty, nice and sweet. Not overly complex, but quality depth for the dollar. Big thumbs up.

I will continue to always have an open bottle of this bad boy around. About as close to the perfect daily drinker as you can get. 

1AA7E2FD-EAFD-4778-B053-14ED66702A4E.jpeg

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, Rhettro said:

That EWBiB thread got me excited to grab a freshie. So I did today, and as you can see, I’ve already made a nice dent in the bottle. 

I stand by it, man - EWBiB is such a stellar value. Super tasty, nice and sweet. Not overly complex, but quality depth for the dollar. Big thumbs up.

I will continue to always have an open bottle of this bad boy around. About as close to the perfect daily drinker as you can get. 

1AA7E2FD-EAFD-4778-B053-14ED66702A4E.jpeg

Are the new ones cork or still screw caps?

Another good day. Based on my experiences I a believer every 4RPS improves after being opened about a month. That said, this one is pretty incredible right out of the gate.

45CE1D22-546E-4E6F-8A93-48B12DEBB8DE.jpeg

• I like it 5

I just finished Papplyland, also. I enjoyed the book, a birthday present from my son.

Edited by yobber76

20 hours ago, yobber76 said:

I just finished Papplyland, also. I enjoyed the book, a birthday present from my son.

Christmas present for me - I too loved it.   Highly recommend.

Opened these two tonight. It's Mrs. Clueby's birthday so we having our little mini-concert at home tonight since we can't go anywhere. I have the bar all ready to go with whatever she wants.

20210212_164323.jpg

20210212_172820.jpg

• I like it 9

Happy Birthday to the Mrs.!   Raising a glass of WTKS to health and continued happiness.

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Opened these two tonight. It's Mrs. Clueby's birthday so we having our little mini-concert at home tonight since we can't go anywhere. I have the bar all ready to go with whatever she wants.

7 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Happy Birthday to the Mrs.!   Raising a glass of WTKS to health and continued happiness.

Yes, Happy Birthday to Mrs. Clueby. I hope y’all have a great evening. Cheers! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

55 minutes ago, Clueby said:

20210212_164323.jpg

20210212_172820.jpg

Nice. Happy bday to her!

13 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Christmas present for me - I too loved it.   Highly recommend.

Christmas present from my wife and I too am enjoying it.

• I like it 1

18 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Cold weather. Time to bring out a big gun.

20210212_184031.jpg

Nice choice in a very fine glass!  Cheers!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Clueby said:

20210212_164323.jpg

This is the first Blanton's bottle that I've opened that seems way off the profile. Hot with a bitter oakiness.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.