What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OK, in fairness to the Beam team, Maker’s ain’t perfect…Brought home this 46 Cask Strength that has the fake cork.  Wax was great.  Cork pulled a bit easier than the KC, but still a chore getting out.  To get fully back in, it took an unnecessarily hard fist bump on top.  
There is no worse top in all of Bourbonia than these fake corks.  Be them from Beam-Suntory products, or anyone else.  I seriously loathe them.  The Cask Strength 46 is glorious whiskey, though.  In fact, the whiskey makes up for the dumbass fake cork.  Great Cherry Coke notes roll over the palate, and nice wood framework from nose to finish.  Subtle baking spice hints dance throughout, as well.  Warm and scrumptious.  MM claims that they tried 46 combinations of wood stave finishing before they found the best one.  They then, expanded the brand to include private selections of this and opening up the mix of barrel staves to the selectors.  None have been as good to me as even the standard 46 (and some of these bottles have been by some very distinguished groups/stores) let alone this cask strength, off the shelf, bottle.  

C62E368F-BA4B-4288-9058-CB017A82F441.jpeg

• I like it 6

Dang Joe. I bought an extra MM 101 a week or so ago. Now I wish I’d have bought a MM 46 CS instead. :wacko:

Biba! Joe

On 12/22/2021 at 6:09 PM, smokinjoe said:

OK, in fairness to the Beam team, Maker’s ain’t perfect…Brought home this 46 Cask Strength that has the fake cork.  Wax was great.  Cork pulled a bit easier than the KC, but still a chore getting out.  To get fully back in, it took an unnecessarily hard fist bump on top.  
There is no worse top in all of Bourbonia than these fake corks.  Be them from Beam-Suntory products, or anyone else.  I seriously loathe them.  The Cask Strength 46 is glorious whiskey, though.  In fact, the whiskey makes up for the dumbass fake cork.  Great Cherry Coke notes roll over the palate, and nice wood framework from nose to finish.  Subtle baking spice hints dance throughout, as well.  Warm and scrumptious.  MM claims that they tried 46 combinations of wood stave finishing before they found the best one.  They then, expanded the brand to include private selections of this and opening up the mix of barrel staves to the selectors.  None have been as good to me as even the standard 46 (and some of these bottles have been by some very distinguished groups/stores) let alone this cask strength, off the shelf, bottle.  

Great photo! 

29 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Couldn't think of a better thing to pour while wrapping Christmas packages. Merry Christmas 🎅 

20211223_192545.jpg

Yessir!  Any Maker’s always screams Christmas to me.  

On 12/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, smokinjoe said:

None have been as good to me as even the standard 46 (and some of these bottles have been by some very distinguished groups/stores) let alone this cask strength, off the shelf, bottle.  

I find regular MM46 to be meh.  However, Cask Strength with the standard 46 staves is awesome.  I have tried various stave combinations at cask strength but none are as good as the standard 46 cask strength.   I just opened a bottle tonight.

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I find regular MM46 to be meh.  However, Cask Strength with the standard 46 staves is awesome.  I have tried various stave combinations at cask strength but none are as good as the standard 46 cask strength.   I just opened a bottle tonight.

Well, shoot, I haven't ever tried MM46, either standard or Cask Strength. Given how all the other MM products are hitting right now, I probably ought to fix that. 

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Yessir!  Any Maker’s always screams Christmas to me.  

And that bottle in particular with the gold lettering and red wax just sends it over the top of Christmas awesomeness.

• I like it 1

This must be the in thing on Christmas Eve...I just cracked open an MM 101 after dinner, after a busy day playing 3 Christmas Eve services in a row...gonna get a second pour in a bit. Unwinding to some random old R&B Christmas tunes... ;) 

Was gonna stock the bunker up some more with that, but this talk of the 46CS has my interest piqued...

TP

• I like it 4

I opened up RY10.  It has been a while, since I've had one of these open. Mistake. :-))

A wheater sounded right for the occasion. 

Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth 

IMG_4875.JPG

• I like it 4

8 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I opened up RY10.  It has been a while, since I've had one of these open. Mistake. :-))

A wheater sounded right for the occasion. 

Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth 

IMG_4875.JPG

Lordy - you still have your old set of World Book encyclopedias!  Waaay kewl.   😲

Nice dram, too.  😋

• I like it 2

Merry Christmas to all SBers!  We stayed up late sipping Woodinville and watching the 1994 remake of Miracle on 34th Street .  I'd never seen it before and was completely charmed.    As for the Woodinville,  IMO it's the one craftie that capturres the old  school flavor and mouthfeel of classic Kentucky bourbon.  Another charmer.  

May Santa have brung you all what you've wished for!   POEAGWTM

• I like it 2

Thanks to the help of another SB'r, Mrs. Clueby got a bottle of her "precious" for Christmas. It promptly was opened for a tiny sip. I'm already told it's disappearing into the she-shed and I "might" get a pour.

20211225_181905.jpg

• I like it 10

56 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Thanks to the help of another SB'r, Mrs. Clueby got a bottle of her "precious" for Christmas. It promptly was opened for a tiny sip. I'm already told it's disappearing into the she-shed and I "might" get a pour.

Awesome! 👍 “And I heard him exclaim as our glasses we did clink, ‘Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good drink.’” 🎅

Biba! Joe

Biba! Joe

• I like it 7

Opened a new bourbon cream today.

This one is pretty good.

A little on the sweeter side, but a nice way to change it up from the norm.

852D8B19-E0D9-45AA-956B-E911E196916B.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 12/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, GeeTen said:

Lordy - you still have your old set of World Book encyclopedias!  Waaay kewl.   😲

Nice dram, too.  😋

Those World Books are my brain. 😁

Cheers

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Just admiring a couple of my favorite Christmas presents.

20211226_223411.jpg

The Lego 911 is a great model.

I often enjoy sipping on something while building.

😁

23BD279E-69C9-43CD-87E9-198A655AA93E.jpeg

24 minutes ago, 0895 said:

The Lego 911 is a great model.

I often enjoy sipping on something while building.

😁

23BD279E-69C9-43CD-87E9-198A655AA93E.jpeg

Hahaha nice!  I look forward to working this!

• I like it 1

I was sipping on a 4R SiB earlier, but decided to make a little change. So I opened up a Rutledge era 4R SmB, it is ringing the bell and is a real treat. 

Cheers 

IMG_4895.JPG

• I like it 4

On 12/27/2021 at 11:50 PM, Wedelstaedt said:

I was sipping on a 4R SiB earlier, but decided to make a little change. So I opened up a Rutledge era 4R SmB, it is ringing the bell and is a real treat. 

Cheers 

IMG_4895.JPG

Followed your lead W, reached back and grabbed a Small Batch from my bunker.  I have some older ones from 12 or 13 but pretty sure this one was bottled in 2015.

Cheers sir. 🥃

20220101_194438.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Followed your lead W, reached back and grabbed a Small Batch from my bunker.  I have some older ones from 12 or 13 but pretty sure this one was bottled in 2015.

Cheers sir. 🥃

20220101_194438.jpg

Cheers to you and A Happy New Year as well. 

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Cheers sir. 🥃

20220101_194438.jpg

Those older 4R SmB are a treat. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.