What bottle did you open today? ~ 2021

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Opened my last B519 for my birthday. Love this one...got a very nice coconut cream note for me.

IMG_1238.jpg

Edited by JakeySnakes
  • I like it 6

• 2 weeks later...

My last "burlap" 750ml bottle.  This is one of the latest versions from that bottle style so it has no age statement.  Luckily I still have a handle of the 8 yr version unopened in my stash. 

20210227_183112.jpg

• I like it 4

I didn't have a current 1792 'Small Batch' bottle opened (the one with the dark red neck band) so I grabbed one I found in the bunker and it's actually a store pick single barrel from 2016.  Looks like I paid $19.99 for this. I'll see how this one tastes but seems like a pretty good value now.

On 2/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, Kepler said:

My last "burlap" 750ml bottle.  This is one of the latest versions from that bottle style so it has no age statement.  Luckily I still have a handle of the 8 yr version unopened in my stash. 

20210227_183112.jpg

I can see 1792 doing a limited remake of this bottle down the road.

Edited by LCWoody

On 2/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, ptman2000 said:

E96A09E2-A888-438C-829C-9F2C1F5C0045.jpeg

What in the world is this and how can I obtain this beautiful creature?

3 hours ago, LCWoody said:

One would think that It’s bound to happen eventually right?

So far they seem to be the only “brand”that hasn’t gone after the premium market money in some form or another.

(Yes I realize the new Tom Moore stuff is slated to arrive soon, but it’s not 1792 branded)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

What in the world is this and how can I obtain this beautiful creature?

I think you can buy those glasses on Amazon.

• I like it 1

On 3/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, LCWoody said:

I'd be satisfied if they would just dump those ridiculous shiny gold plastic cork toppers that look like they were lifted from some cheap perfume bottle from behind the glass case at Walgreens. 

The wood cork topper from these old burlap bottles is what they should still be using.

• I like it 6

A Grand Opening...

I was feeling special so...

Upon opening, I got a heavy cherry blast with almost no ethanol.

After 10 minutes the cherry was still there with very slight oak & plums. Whatever ethanol was there, disappeared completely.

In the glass a beautiful golden copper emerged. The cherry calmed down and the char began; so did the ethanol.

10 minutes later, the oak was a staple as was the ethanol. Cherry held it own, with vanilla emerging.

20 min later, the oak turned smokey adding butterscotch to what was already there. You could smell the complexity.

The first sip gave me a smokey butterscotch, with the char from start to finish.

Getting into it, I get butterscotch/vanilla as the most prevalent flavors with an oaky/char binding it all together and none being overwhelming. The cherry only comes about in the predominant smokey finish.

All in all, this can be my special occasion bottle since the 120 proof actually drinks less hot than the OF 1920. I do think that the smoky char holds back other flavors making them more demure than a honey barrel KC 120 would...

Final thought; ahhhhhh!!!

phchar.thumb.jpg.01a8829fcd4ea89886032153a61c6479.jpg

• I like it 10

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

Just opened. First time trying this. 
61D2BC19-CC25-48A7-A8DD-2AFD1C7B0991.thumb.jpeg.9ef28e0687ea073614210b770c653b26.jpeg

What do you think?

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

What do you think?

I like it. Got a nice spicy kick at the end. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, bayouredd said:

A Grand Opening...

I was feeling special so...

Upon opening, I got a heavy cherry blast with almost no ethanol.

After 10 minutes the cherry was still there with very slight oak & plums. Whatever ethanol was there, disappeared completely.

In the glass a beautiful golden copper emerged. The cherry calmed down and the char began; so did the ethanol.

10 minutes later, the oak was a staple as was the ethanol. Cherry held it own, with vanilla emerging.

20 min later, the oak turned smokey adding butterscotch to what was already there. You could smell the complexity.

The first sip gave me a smokey butterscotch, with the char from start to finish.

Getting into it, I get butterscotch/vanilla as the most prevalent flavors with an oaky/char binding it all together and none being overwhelming. The cherry only comes about in the predominant smokey finish.

All in all, this can be my special occasion bottle since the 120 proof actually drinks less hot than the OF 1920. I do think that the smoky char holds back other flavors making them more demure than a honey barrel KC 120 would...

Final thought; ahhhhhh!!!

phchar.thumb.jpg.01a8829fcd4ea89886032153a61c6479.jpg

That's an awesome rundown.  Thanks for sharing the tasting notes because I haven't been lucky enough to taste that one yet.  I like your final thoughts, that says it all. Jealous! 

• I like it 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:31 AM, Kepler said:

That's an awesome rundown.  Thanks for sharing the tasting notes because I haven't been lucky enough to taste that one yet.  I like your final thoughts, that says it all. Jealous! 

I've had a bar pour, and it is one of the best Parkers of the last few years by my pallet.

• I like it 1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:16 PM, Kepler said:

Hotel crack!  

Maybe we've had different life experiences but that phrase did not send my mind to a bottle of HH🤔

• I like it 3

There was an open spot on my shelf, so I opened a bottle of ER. 😁 Clever huh? 🤓 Rhetorical question. Please don’t answer. 🙄

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Looking forward to trying this. Have heard it’s good. 
A8CB5306-4C7C-4524-807B-2C517A9B0C61.thumb.jpeg.0483f06293ca575739d67f01d4864757.jpeg

Indeed it is sir. It's a perennial favorite around here.

Saw that my wife was watching Kingsman Golden Circle, so I decided to open a bottle of OF Statesman.  Pretty good, better than I remember from a couple of tastings by Brown Forman. I think I may like the 95 proof of this mashbill better than 100.

• I like it 3

Picked up a 750ml of Willett, I had a big bottle but it took up too much room in the liquor cabinet, so that got relegated to the bunker for refill duty.

1ECCDBB0-2B22-4FD7-84CF-B7A4F7663E1D.jpeg

I've had this EC BP A119 around for a while and decided to break it out.  Very nice.  Lots of brown sugar, toffee, and some vanilla.  I also got a faint cherry flavor in the background.  A little water calmed the heat a bit and amped up the toffee notes.

IMG_20210314_160633239.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.