What Bourbon are you Drinking - Spring (2Q) 2021

StarSurfer55
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The first FRYL from the freezer for the season - is it summer yet???   😋

• I like it 8

Watching Barrett-Jackson and havin some Blade and Bow. I suddenly realized that, gauging the prices (250k for 1971 K5 Blazer,really?), that the whiskey taters are all at this auction. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

The first FRYL from the freezer for the season - is it summer yet???   😋

I threw the HHBIB 6 yr in the freezer earlier, and enjoying now listening to NCAA Tournament on the radio.  I ain’t goin’ full on Summer yet, but it’s damn good...and close enough!! 👍🏻

• I like it 4

OF 1920 and RR SiB while watching “The Family” on Netflix. 

This Russell’s Reserve is really good. 

It's been a busy week.  Got a Covid vaccine today.  Also brought new buddy home to hang with me while enjoying a pour.  Today it is OGD BIB.

IMG_20210327_112044056.jpg

• I like it 8

Over the last weekend celebrated my return to Canada and the completion of my quarantine with a few nice pours with my sister and brother in law.

Cracked a Blanton's Gold and a Lot B. 

The Lot B had some interesting notes I don't usually associate with bourbon. It had some Armagnac tannic apple skin stuff going on, as well as a slight maple sweetness and a bit of cinnamon. When I get that Armagnac tannic thing (or almost anything bitterly concentrated), I usually know it's time to add water, which I did and it definitely spread out the sweetness to what I considered very nice indeed.

Finished the evenings with some of a 24yr old Hampden rum from 3yrs ago.

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, TwoFingers said:

It's been a busy week.  Got a Covid vaccine today.  Also brought new buddy home to hang with me while enjoying a pour.  Today it is OGD BIB.

Get your shot, win a pooch!!! 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Get your shot, win a pooch!!! 

I guess whatever it takes to get us out of all the Covid funk. 🙂

3 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

I guess whatever it takes to get us out of all the Covid funk. 🙂

You betcha!  👍🏻

4 hours ago, TwoFingers said:

Heyyyyy! A vaccine and a new dog? One hell of a day. Happy for you.

Just emptied my last WTKS fantail bottle. I will be saving it for decanting of any future WTKS purchases because the new bottle is stupid.

Following with a BC Russell's Reserve CNF barrel pick. 

While we’re talking about dogs, my good friend from high school just got a new house and a new puppy.

As someone who has always been a bit of a loner, it was rather amusing watching him fawn all over his new little girl.  He’s going to be a great dog father.

Back on the subject of bourbon, I took my 4RYL bottle along yesterday to share while we hung out.

The dog loved it.... she kept trying to lick the inside of my glass 😂.

F08D06CF-7ABE-42F5-91CC-FB776BB4A4F3.jpeg

• I like it 6

It's the end of my son's spring break.  We went to Spring Mill State Park (Mitchell, IN) and stayed at the inn.  There's some amazing stuff, besides the Pioneer Village.  In places, the land drops off into steep valleys with swift streams at the bottom.  The streams are also connected to caves.  The scale of it can boggle the mind.

Everyone is asleep now, on to WT 101.

• I like it 3

7 minutes ago, PaulO said:

It's the end of my son's spring break.  We went to Spring Mill State Park (Mitchell, IN) and stayed at the inn.  There's some amazing stuff, besides the Pioneer Village.  In places, the land drops off into steep valleys with swift streams at the bottom.  The streams are also connected to caves.  The scale of it can boggle the mind.

Everyone is asleep now, on to WT 101.

Spring Mill is one of my favorite Indiana State Parks. I was in those caves a number of times in my youth. 🤗 

BT in the glass this evening. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

Over the last weekend celebrated my return to Canada and the completion of my quarantine with a few nice pours with my sister and brother in law.

Cracked a Blanton's Gold and a Lot B. 

The Lot B had some interesting notes I don't usually associate with bourbon. It had some Armagnac tannic apple skin stuff going on, as well as a slight maple sweetness and a bit of cinnamon. When I get that Armagnac tannic thing (or almost anything bitterly concentrated), I usually know it's time to add water, which I did and it definitely spread out the sweetness to what I considered very nice indeed.

Finished the evenings with some of a 24yr old Hampden rum from 3yrs ago.

Interesting take on the Lot B. Never had it so I have to live through you right now.

How was the Blanton's gold? What's the ABV on that bad boy, as well? And how does it compare to a regular Blanton's?

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Just emptied my last WTKS fantail bottle. I will be saving it for decanting...

dang, why didn't I think of that.  I'll save whatever I have left.

6 hours ago, LvR Mike said:

How was the Blanton's gold? What's the ABV on that bad boy, as well? And how does it compare to a regular Blanton's?

Blanton's Gold is super good (IMHO) - 103pf (51.5 ABV).  Blanton's SFTB is even better - you can proof it down to find your sweet spot with little or no drop in flavor, too.   🥰

Blanton's Stash.jpg

Old dining room pic - new bottles now displayed.  Probably time for a new pic, eh?

😆

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's Gold is super good (IMHO) - 103pf (51.5 ABV).  Blanton's SFTB is even better - you can proof it down to find your sweet spot with little or no drop in flavor, too.   🥰

Blanton's Stash.jpg

Old dining room pic - new bottles now displayed.  Probably time for a new pic, eh?

😆

Do you ever stick a regular Blanton’s in there or are LK picks the only ones good enough to sit next to gold and sftb?

2 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Do you ever stick a regular Blanton’s in there or are LK picks the only ones good enough to sit next to gold and sftb?

No and yes.   🙃

• I like it 4

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

That is not JYHO... That is FACT!!!

Whomever disagrees can KMHA... 😘

• I like it 1

2day was tax day...

I feel so violated even tho nothing was unexpected. I probably should have poured my lowest shelf scrub bourbon, but instead chose to be special. This is so much better than first opening...

Smokey Caramel Goodness !!!

20210329_161522.thumb.jpg.87b22a00f1a726d954e2274c53b83c2d.jpg

Edited by bayouredd
wrong pic
  • I like it 8

BBC Discovery  b#3.

6E8F0878-672D-4390-B5F2-CABA1ABF9414.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
Forgot pic
  • I like it 1

16 minutes ago, markandrex said:

BBC Discovery  b#3.

6E8F0878-672D-4390-B5F2-CABA1ABF9414.jpeg

Passed up 3 then 4 because of funds. Went back for 4 & was sold...

Kinda sad about that!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.