What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

Same here.  One of the few exceptions to my avoidance of newer distilleries.  If I can find this in Atlanta, then I'm a buyer for sure. 

You do realize that’s now three things we agree on... 😂

Picked up another KCSiB PS and saw an unadvertised Larceny PS, which came home with me, too. Stopped at another place & grabbed an ET BiB; need to add more before while it's still around in this form.

7 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Is this like when the Ghostbuster's proton packs accidentally cross streams?

• I like it 2

I’ve had some very nice OF sib non barrel strength picks from this warehouse and floor, had to snag the BS. Also picked up 1783 to give it a try, worst case scenario it’ll end up being used as a mixer. 

A7630489-876F-4ACB-9E95-A7AD801F6DB7.jpeg

Edited by M777
  • I like it 6

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Shut your dirty mouth!

8 hours ago, M777 said:

I’ve had some very nice OF sib non barrel strength picks from this warehouse and floor, had to snag the BS. Also picked up 1783 to give it a try, worst case scenario it’ll end up being used as a mixer. 

I liked the 86 proof 1783, and I think that rebranded 90 proofer is even better. Hope you like it. 

• I like it 1

hit several stores today-

purchases:

KC9 28$

WT101 20$

W12 70$

ER 28$

see pass thread if interested

• I like it 4

I need another bottle like a hole in the head but I see these on the shelf so rarely that it'd be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity.

IMG_20210801_152616.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, bourbon-n00b said:

I need another bottle like a hole in the head but I see these on the shelf so rarely that it'd be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity.

IMG_20210801_152616.jpg

I bought the same one from TW.    Must have been multiple barrels  as mine was  20-0108.  Distilled date was a couple days later @ 12/5/2011, and dumped date a couple days earlier @ 12/9/20.  Botlling date was the same.  I am interested to find out what you think of your barrel.  This was my 1rst RRSiB, wasn't "wowed", but I thought it was good to very good.  Wondering if the TW PS are just given to them, or if they choose them?  Might make a difference in my buying prefs moving forward.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:17 PM, M777 said:

Wish that OF would show up around here.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:41 AM, BrokeCal said:

Total Wine comes through again!

B21CBB6B-BC29-49BE-ADFC-012D4ACA218D.jpeg

Very nice price. Found a bottle around here at $72.99 before a 10% discount.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Wish that OF would show up around here.

did you get one of the redlands single barrels?

1 hour ago, steven s said:

did you get one of the redlands single barrels?

No. The three places I go to have no OF single barrel at all.

3 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

From today.

20210801_163712.jpg

3 of those 4 bottles I just can’t find locally. The WT RB so the one I can find reliably.  Have been looking for a replacement OGD 114 locally for a few months as my bottle is about 1/3 full and I don’t want to finish it until I find a replacement.

3 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

3 of those 4 bottles I just can’t find locally. The WT RB so the one I can find reliably.  Have been looking for a replacement OGD 114 locally for a few months as my bottle is about 1/3 full and I don’t want to finish it until I find a replacement.

I found a place that has all the Whiskey Row series. Plenty of Rare Breed around here as well.  The ECBP and OGD114 have not been around here for awhile, just starting to show up again. For $26 (OGD 114) with my discount, very very hard to pass on.

• I like it 2

Choices are so fleeting, here that I let a couple of reviews dictate my life for me...

I spent a 90 dollar bill on a "Remus Repeal Series 5" because I knew it was my only chance at truckin' or suckin'...

Found a bottle of the old Old Forester Signature 100 proof today.  I have a backup bottle of the new-label 100 and will be blinding them tonight.  Some say it's "same juice, different label" while others say they taste different.  Guess I'll see.

1 hour ago, IamMatt said:

Found a bottle of the old Old Forester Signature 100 proof today.  I have a backup bottle of the new-label 100 and will be blinding them tonight.  Some say it's "same juice, different label" while others say they taste different.  Guess I'll see.

Bananas

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, IamMatt said:

So I blinded them tonight; here are my unexpert conclusions

So no W107 today……. Actually nothing good on the truck today, at least anything I’d wait around for, the W12 is from my bunker at home. So I picked these up instead (there’s at least one bourbon in there 😆

I’ll be throwing throwing the root beers and BTbc in the fridge and maybe give it a whirl in the upcoming days, which root beer would you use??

Now having the trifecta Weller ingredients, I’ll also will be mixing some Weller blend as well.   Maybe a W12 highball with the ale81?!?? 😂😆🤣

8BF09D24-3054-48CE-A1EA-4F991FCF808E.jpeg

Edited by TehRegion219
Double picture

Picked up the new George Dickel 8 year along with the excellent new version of 1783. And done man cannot live on bourbon alone, trying out a new gin. 

FD006814-84FC-403B-955D-AA44641A52B5.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 7/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, BrokeCal said:

Total Wine comes through again!

That is a phrase I have truly never uttered.  Not a fan of that store at all.

In my neck of the woods anyway (Texas) Total Wine sucks and never "comes through."  Their "Grand Reserve" member lotteries are a joke. 

In Texas anyway, Spec's is the way to go as far as big box chain retailers go.  Much better store if you ask me, with better customer service and still great prices (usually better prices than TW for the hard-to-find or allocated products, but TW sometimes beats Spec's prices on every day shelf items).  To be honest, I could give a flip about who beats who by a few dollars -- if one store has better customer service and still decent prices, that's the store I'm going to shop at.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.