What bourbon did you purchase today (Summer 2021)

MTNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 8/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Kepler said:

Has anyone ever seen a 1 Liter size of 1792?  I had never seen it before. It's a weird shaped bottle, tall and narrow almost like a wine bottle.  I included a 1.75 and 750 in the photo for scale, and also a Bookers bottle.  

The store had a 10% off sale which made the Liter size equivalent to a 750 at $22.60 so I went ahead and picked it up.

20210814_175447.jpg

20210814_175622.jpg

Maybe they are changing?

Picked this up last week. May let it collect some dust for awhile, since I seldom see this in our area.

4r.jpg

Edited by WD40
  • I like it 7

I’d been eyeing this one for weeks. Just kept passing it by. But today I finally bit the bullet and snatched up a bottle. 

Cracked ‘er open too. The youth shows a bit, but I’m getting lots of butterscotch and sticky toffee pudding. You know, I kinda like it.

FWGS has multiple PS single barrels floating around town. Depending on how she opens up, I may track another one down. 

85627D31-EB1F-4E0C-8556-EF563A53D9A0.jpeg

• I like it 4

14 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

I’d been eyeing this one for weeks. Just kept passing it by. But today I finally bit the bullet and snatched up a bottle. 

Cracked ‘er open too. The youth shows a bit, but I’m getting lots of butterscotch and sticky toffee pudding. You know, I kinda like it.

FWGS has multiple PS single barrels floating around town. Depending on how she opens up, I may track another one down. 

85627D31-EB1F-4E0C-8556-EF563A53D9A0.jpeg

Notes are spot on. I opened mine a couple of weeks ago and agree that it’s youthful exuberance needs to settle down a bit.  Love the fruity caramel toffee up front but the barrel spice on the finish is a bit overpowering. Will revisit again in a few weeks.  Great value.  

• I like it 1

Delivery day yesterday. I couldn’t get away at work in the am so I missed crowds/line, but I also missed the ER 🤷🏽  I ended up with a couple “red” wellers instead. 

2x W107 for the week, passed on the Wsr as I’m running out of shelf space. I’m always a buyer when I see it priced at msrp, but between what I have here and back home, I left some for the masses…. This time😉

• I like it 4

Been away from here for a bit with a busy summer but that doesn't mean I'm not still in the hunt. These are all from the last month. nothing too special but a few that I needed and a few I just found a better price on out of state than at home (Old Forester series). 1920 is pretty much my daily drinker so nice to know I can save myself $10/bottle while traveling for work. 

696603804_CPAugust-1.jpg.3c7e2787682bbbbd7c991593b924f2f8.jpg

This one I just have seen some on here post about. I have some open Russells 10 that is just ok to me but we just got a total wine, so thought I would try.

1949654081_CPAugust-2.jpg.f19f050bfae17aa6412ca9c0b4131658.jpg

Regular old Larceny was something I enjoyed early in my bourbon journey but I rarely drink now as I have found I really prefer barrel proof whiskey. I had never had any success finding the barrel proof iterations before and then stumbled on these and grabbed both.

1331056194_CPAugust-3.jpg.20dc1a87f2ab933ed2c9949244c46589.jpg

And then shortly after I found another one (same store, different day!) plus the KC15 which I had not tried, so that came home too. 

1626099276_CPAugust-4.jpg.522b9b260b4972629ba9d1760dbf2b08.jpg

• I like it 7

8 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

Delivery day yesterday. I couldn’t get away at work in the am so I missed crowds/line, but I also missed the ER 🤷🏽  I ended up with a couple “red” wellers instead. 

2x W107 for the week, passed on the Wsr as I’m running out of shelf space. I’m always a buyer when I see it priced at msrp, but between what I have here and back home, I left some for the masses…. This time😉

I’m the opposite, as I can get ER regularly but only got one W107 this year so far and already put a huge dent in it.  

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, dwightschrute said:

I’m the opposite, as I can get ER regularly but only got one W107 this year so far and already put a huge dent in it.  

Same here in NoCal except that I haven't seen W107 on the shelf since before they changed to a cork stopper.  Eagle Rare is pretty available for ~$30 so I guess that's a consolation prize...

• I like it 3

51 minutes ago, dwightschrute said:

40 minutes ago, fosmith said:

Same here in NoCal except that I haven't seen W107 on the shelf since before they changed to a cork stopper.  Eagle Rare is pretty available for ~$30 so I guess that's a consolation prize...

1-6 bottle box of ER

3-12 bottle box w107

3-12 wsr

the 107 is pretty regular, at least 2-3 weeks out the month so far seems to be the norm. 

I wouldn’t mind getting a couple more bottles of ER. Honestly I just want the Weller. It’s great blended in the Weller blend and by itself. Eventually I’ll have to go back home where I can get other bottles more readily than here.  

• I like it 2

21 minutes ago, TehRegion219 said:

1-6 bottle box of ER

3-12 bottle box w107

3-12 wsr

the 107 is pretty regular, at least 2-3 weeks out the month so far seems to be the norm. 

I wouldn’t mind getting a couple more bottles of ER. Honestly I just want the Weller. It’s great blended in the Weller blend and by itself. Eventually I’ll have to go back home where I can get other bottles more readily than here.  

Crazy how the distro works.  Luckily I love ER but I’d gladly trade for the 107 to diversify more.  I can find the WSR pretty often as msrp too.  

In PA,  Eagle Rare lives up to its name,  and Weller simply doesn't exist.   BT products are so rare I've tuned them out.   That's why their own marketing/allocation strategy, IMO, bites 'em in the hindquarters.  

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

1-6 bottle box of ER

3-12 bottle box w107

3-12 wsr

36 bottles of OWA?? In what time period? So...where is "here"?

I haven't seen one on a shelf here (St.Louis) in 3 years. They sell locally in the FB groups for $100/per.

My mule came back from KY with the 2 on the outside. Mrs. Clueby stopped by Walgreens and picked up the BT...and had it open before I even got home. 🤣

20210818_203313.jpg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

36 bottles of OWA?? In what time period? So...where is "here"?

I haven't seen one on a shelf here (St.Louis) in 3 years. They sell locally in the FB groups for $100/per.

My mule came back from KY with the 2 on the outside. Mrs. Clueby stopped by Walgreens and picked up the BT...and had it open before I even got home. 🤣

20210818_203313.jpg

I’ve yet to find the green label HH in my travels thru KY.

here is Columbus

time frame would be about 2 or 3 delivery days (1 per week) a month. It lasts about 5-6 hours before it’s gone. 
move actually seen people waiting in line for bourbon delivery turn it down! 😳

Edited by TehRegion219
  • I like it 1

A couple I don’t normally see at my store. I have an open bottle of JDSiBS but had not been able to get the barrel proof. They had 4 tonight for the first Ike ever so I thought, take two, they’re small! The ER I have literally never seen here and I only had half a bottle left so grabbed both of them!!

CE4692F9-C91F-4D03-995B-1A53BF34FE3B.thumb.jpeg.64f2b47b7bd80783fe75cb668d9ca5da.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 8/18/2021 at 6:22 PM, TehRegion219 said:

1-6 bottle box of ER

3-12 bottle box w107

3-12 wsr

Crazy how the distro works.  Luckily I love ER but I’d gladly trade for the 107 to diversify more.  I can find the WSR pretty often as msrp too.  

• I like it 1

I picked up bottle of ER and a bottle of Blantons today.  It was quite a scene at the store.  I'll post more tomorrow.  Right now, sipping a little Heaven's Door, while waiting for the pizza guy and watching a Jeopardy rerun.  Sadly boring Friday night.......

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Edd said:

Not a bad haul. The Legendary Duke was a gift from a co-worker. Any input on it?

20210820_175001.jpg

Yeah, definitely chase it with the Buffalo Trace.  😎

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, G L Tirebiter said:

I picked up bottle of ER and a bottle of Blantons today.  It was quite a scene at the store.  I'll post more tomorrow.  Right now, sipping a little Heaven's Door, while waiting for the pizza guy and watching a Jeopardy rerun.  Sadly boring Friday night.......

Look forward to the story and good pickups! 

On Thursday, I stopped at the FW&GS store and asked one of the workers if he knew if any allocated stuff was coming in on the truck Friday.  He said the Bufflalo Trace stuff was supposed to be there.  I said I'd probably miss it since I volunteer at the food bank until around 10 and the store opens at 9.  He told me the truck was scheduled for 1030 so Friday morning I hustled down after food bank arriving around 10:40.  There were already 10 people waiting in the store.  (This was my first experience with lines of guys (there was one female) chasing bourbon.)  I talked to the guy in front of me and he claimed that he was retired and doesn't drink but was there for the Blanton's.   He said he "gives it away" to his many doctors ("They love this stuff!").   I heard another guy (who grabbed 2 Eagle Rares along with the box) explain that he doesn't do this much since he has a one year old at home, but he had just come from another store nearby and grabbed two Blantons from the 9AM delivery truck.   At  about 11, one of the clerks came out with two boxes of Eagle Rare.  He set it one the bar and folks in line pounced, grabbing all the bottles from the  box before the manager put the other box behind the counter and they had to figure out what was what.   They said they were checking to see if there was a change on the three bottle limit.  About ten minutes later they came out of the store room with two boxes of Blantons,  and announced that they got 12 total bottles, bringing them straight behind the counter to avoid the scene they had with the Eagle Rare.  I asked and  had gotten one bottle of Eagle Rare from the clerk (there were 4 left behind the counter)  since, at that point, everyone else was waiting for the Blantons.  Knowing there were only 12 Blantosn, and  about 10 or 12 folks ahead of me in the line (which was pretty informal) I decided I might as well pay for the ER and beat the big checkout line when they passed out the Blantons.  Well, as luck would have it, they put the Blantons right behind my cashier.  So when she was ringing me up, I politely asked if I could also get a bottle of Blantons and she set one on the counter for me .  I suppose I could have asked for 3 but didn't.  Of course, the retired guy behind me at the cashier got 3 (for his "doctor friends") so I bet that most of the people didn't get even one.    It was an interesting experience to say the least.   Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• I like it 2

Real time feeding frenzy 😂 🥔 😆 

Everyone pretty much knows the rules here, the line forms outside the liquor store (store is inside a grocery store)doors and wait for the delivery to be wheeled past the 🥔 (myself included because, def not helping things by standing in line) like some sort of A list celebrity on the red carpet. People can’t get the phone out fast enough! That’s also where the counting begins…… How many are there and who’s getting what?? 1 bottle of each offering per person. Kinda funny, kinda sad. I miss the thrill of walking in and not knowing what will be “in the back” like my usual store back home.  It’s def an experience lol. Usually same group of guys that are local to that store. There are usually a couple two-tree new peoples (pronouns…) that are chasing the delivery truck it seems, but for the most part everyone is friendly and end up striking up conversations. Which makes me realize, how much knowledge I’ve actually learned here…. Facts vs what people “have heard”or “buddy’s” have told them.  Felt pretty good passing up that michters 10yr rye or whatever it was😳… or the angels envy that seems to sell out faster than the W107 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏼 Every, damn, week , or the other contraband bourbons 🧐that are tagging along on the allocated cart🤣 (horse soldier anyone?) if it’s on the cart and you’re #7 or #13 in line I guess it’s a consolation? 

There’s another store that puts a list of the allocated shiz on the window of the liquor store (also inside the store) on Friday night for early  Saturday  morning mayhem. 

/rant

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.