What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Trying another pour of Woodinville that I purchased at the end of October.  I enjoyed the initial pour as it took be back to my childhood hints of tobacco and leather yet a sweetness of cherry cola.  

Three weeks open and the second pour is reminiscent of the first one.  Maybe more Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb than cherry cola.  The finish is medium to long.  Not sure of the age but this is a really good whiskey.

All Woodinville unless age stated otherwise is 5+ some months years old. (The distillery is literally 7 miles from my house and I know one of the distillers - they are good people) 

• I like it 2

Celebrating our first winning streak, and shutting up the Cam Newton love-fest.

This is my first foray with Ezra Brooks.

HAIL!!

20211121_150429.jpg

• I like it 3

Was in Fort Worth today.  Had a nice lunch at steakhouse downtown Reata.  Saw a 14 year barrel pick of Knob Creek from 2019.  Had to try it.  Man this one of the best bourbons I’ve had period.  They poured a nice big double in a glencairn.  Not over oaked like some KC.  Wish I bought more of these when they where around.

Any local DFW SBers I’d give it a twirl.

466DB936-A9B1-4CC2-89BA-39FA5D96C7E7.jpeg

• I like it 6

I wrestled all 4 pieces of our 14’ fake Christmas tree down from the attic and set it up in the living room. As usual, my forearms look like a drug addict from all the pokes from the tree. My wife told me to take it easy, have a drink, and watch some football. You don’t have to tell me twice. I poured a 4 bourbon blend I’ve been sitting on for 2+ weeks, which was phenomenal, and then followed it with some WTKS. Life is good.

Edited by DeepCover
  • I like it 3

On 11/20/2021 at 6:17 PM, Kjbarth said:

Bookers Pigskin on a football Saturday.

The Boilers did well!

• I like it 1

OGD BiB watching SNF and waiting for my son and girlfriend to drive in from Chicago for thanksgiving.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

2019 WLW and sitting down to Yellowstone.

WLW while watching Yellowstone is better than Yellowstone while watching Yellowstone.

• I like it 2

44 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Was in Fort Worth today.  Had a nice lunch at steakhouse downtown Reata.  Saw a 14 year barrel pick of Knob Creek from 2019.  Had to try it.  Man this one of the best bourbons I’ve had period.  They poured a nice big double in a glencairn.  Not over oaked like some KC.  Wish I bought more of these when they where around.

Any local DFW SBers I’d give it a twirl.

466DB936-A9B1-4CC2-89BA-39FA5D96C7E7.jpeg

I have been in the DFW area several times but only in Fort Worth once.  We went to Flying Saucer Draught Emporium.  It was a crazy night.  Good memories.  No bourbon but plenty of beer.

Edited by mbroo5880i

7 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I poured a 4 bourbon blend I’ve been sitting on for 2+ weeks, which was phenomenal, and then followed it with some WTKS. Life is good.

Blend? Blend? Did somebody say blend? 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, mbroo5880i said:

Da Bucket!  Are you a Purdue grad or just a fan?

A fan but I funded most of my son’s Purdue education so I feel like a little more than just a fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

A fan but I funded most of my son’s Purdue education so I feel like a little more than just a fan. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Copy, you purchased a helmet or two.  I work as an Engineer but graduated from IUPUI which is a joint IU-PU campus.  My MS work was from PU although I was a few classes short of earning my degree.  I say a few but I was actually 12 credit hours short of a MS in Engineering from Purdue.  My official degree is B.S. in Public Health with a major in engineering.

• I like it 1

Just now, mbroo5880i said:

Copy, you purchased a helmet or two.  I work as an Engineer but graduated from IUPUI which is a joint IU-PU campus.  My MS work was from PU although I was a few classes short of earning my degree.  I say a few but I was actually 12 credit hours short of a MS in Engineering from Purdue.  My official degree is B.S. in Public Health from IU with a major in engineering.

24 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I wrestled all 4 pieces of our 14’ fake Christmas tree down from the attic and set it up in the living room. As usual, my forearms look like a drug addict from all the pokes from the tree. My wife told me to take it easy, have a drink, and watch some football. You don’t have to tell me twice. I poured a 4 bourbon blend I’ve been sitting on for 2+ weeks, which was phenomenal, and then followed it with some WTKS. Life is good.

Your wife is both very smart and very kind!  You are a lucky man.  Except for the 14 foot artificial Christmas tree!  I can envision you dropping it from the attic to the floor below and screaming "I need to take a break."  Your wife in sympathy suggested a drink and football.  Well, played.  Well, played.

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

BT Bourbon Cream last night. BT tonight. 🦬

Biba! Joe

moving up the ladder.  ER tomorrow, Stagg Jr. Tuesday, and then the Granddaddy, GTS on Wednesday.  You should be ready for Thanksgiving!

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Your wife is both very smart and very kind!  You are a lucky man.  Except for the 14 foot artificial Christmas tree!  I can envision you dropping it from the attic to the floor below and screaming "I need to take a break."  Your wife in sympathy suggested a drink and football.  Well, played.  Well, played.

I’m not going to lie. My back is killing me. Getting each piece through that tiny opening in the attic was a huge pain.

42 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have been in the DFW area several times but only in Fort Worth once.  We went to Flying Saucer Draught Emporium.  It was a crazy night.  Good memories.  No bourbon but plenty of beer.

Been to the ones in Houston, always a good time.

9 minutes ago, DeepCover said:

I’m not going to lie. My back is killing me. Getting each piece through that tiny opening in the attic was a huge pain.

Christmas tree.  Back ache.  Sounds like a bourbon and then a wife back rub night!

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Been to the ones in Houston, always a good time.

We have similar places in Indy but I enjoyed that night!

23 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Christmas tree.  Back ache.  Sounds like a bourbon and then a wife back rub night!

That’s the angle I’m working.

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, Kjbarth said:

Ah, Big Ten football.  I paid half of my son's tuition, room and board (my ex wife paid the other half) at University of Minnesota and became a Golden Gophers fan.  Even though I went to Cal, I was never a college football fan until now.  I'm still a 49ers fan but the NFL doesn't have that "something" that college football has; more fun to watch, IMO. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.