What bourbon are you drinking fall 2021?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve had the King open, so fired up a 138.1 after finishing up some end of day paperwork.  

34EC7D5D-7F89-428F-AF6D-E035F48A2138.jpeg

🤗”the” 2014!  🥰🥰🥰

• I like it 2

On 11/6/2021 at 9:36 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

The "Pitter Patter" isn't a Canadian whiskey? 🤣

Hey! No jokes on my creation, both the profile  (part of the team) and the name (all me)

Ive got one of the Mendiant staves on my wall with the recipe attached plus the barrel head. 

Very biased, but this is my favorite MM ever and the barrel sold out in record time.

2A27333B-DABB-4D52-ADDE-1AA6ED181E3E.jpeg

5E8EDDD4-0C96-4DCA-A141-5315CAC304E9.jpeg

• I like it 7

On 11/7/2021 at 11:13 PM, elmossle said:

Had a huge pour of Old Fitz 13 year today for two reasons. First, to celebrate the wife and I being married for 13 years this year. Secondly, to mourn the passing of our beloved German Shepherd. We had to put him down to day and our hearts are broken. We got him when he was just a puppy and living in KY. He made two moves with us, and welcomed two amazing children into our family. He was always attached to my hip and essential "my dog" since the kids were with mom all the time. He was one of a kind and has left a HUGE hole in this family's hearts. Lots of tears cried and bourbon drank for me today. Probably more of the same tomorrow. Cheers to the ones we love, both present and no longer with us!

Yes, Happy Belated Anniversary.  

As with others, I am sorry to hear of your loss.  I am absolutely a dog lover.  I had to put down two that I absolutely loved over the past 4 years.  I think about both often.  They were quite the pair.  One lived to 17, the other only 11.  We aren't so sure the younger one didn't die of heartbreak after losing her friend.  They will always have a place in my heart.  We found dog love in two puppies who have joined our family since.  One was a rescue, the other from a local breeder who breeds for hunting.  Both are love bugs.

I am finishing off a bottle of FRSiB tonight.  I will drink a toast to all dogs.  They are awesome!

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Yes, Happy Belated Anniversary.  

As with others, I am sorry to hear of your loss.  I am absolutely a dog lover.  I had to put down two that I absolutely loved over the past 4 years.  I think about both often.  They were quite the pair.  One lived to 17, the other only 11.  We aren't so sure the younger one didn't die of heartbreak after losing her friend.  They will always have a place in my heart.  We found dog love in two puppies who have joined our family since.  One was a rescue, the other from a local breeder who breeds for hunting.  Both are love bugs.

I am finishing off a bottle of FRSiB tonight.  I will drink a toast to all dogs.  They are awesome!

Thank you to everyone with the condolences. Yes, the pain is still fresh and will ease with time, but never go away. While I know we will wait a little bit before adding another four legged member of the family again, I hope it is sooner rather than later. So glad you have found two new additions that have added to the love in your family. Dogs are special creatures for sure.

• I like it 6

Well the frost is finally on the pumpkin  around here as we have had a beautiful Indian Summer. So now is the time to bust out the brown liquor. Round up the usual suspects: 4R Small Batch, 4R Single Barrel, Knob Creek & Angel’s Envy. Not a bad start to the month.

• I like it 3

I took one for the team….. 

DO NOT buy this bourbon. They must have searched very hard to find barrels this bad at MGP. I’m assuming that’s where this juice came from. Just God awful stuff. 
41D7D1D6-EA11-4B3E-909A-8C7366CBDA03.thumb.jpeg.3a3fcd855158b07cfee1be03d3b30e89.jpeg

• I like it 11

Cheers.

4R SiB (including the PS BS) and SMBS seem to hit my wheelhouse when the weather turns in fall

20211110_195128.jpg

• I like it 7

On 11/8/2021 at 10:48 PM, 0895 said:

🤗”the” 2014!  🥰🥰🥰

Digging around the bunker today.  "Found" a GTS 138.1 I'd forgotten about.  Thanks for the nudge.  I didn't open it, but finding it made my day.  Instead, I opened a VOB "6" 100 proof that had a bit of dust on it.  Betcha this bubble bottle be empty by the weekend.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Cheers.

4R SiB (including the PS BS) and SMBS seem to hit my wheelhouse when the weather turns in fall

That must be because the SMBS tastes like wet leaves. 🤣🤪

4 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I took one for the team….. 

DO NOT buy this bourbon. They must have searched very hard to find barrels this bad at MGP. I’m assuming that’s where this juice came from. Just God awful stuff. 
41D7D1D6-EA11-4B3E-909A-8C7366CBDA03.thumb.jpeg.3a3fcd855158b07cfee1be03d3b30e89.jpeg

How about some tasting notes or comparisons.

7 hours ago, Clueby said:

That must be because the SMBS tastes like wet leaves. 🤣🤪

That definitely made me laugh! 

12 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Digging around the bunker today.  "Found" a GTS 138.1 I'd forgotten about.  Thanks for the nudge.  I didn't open it, but finding it made my day.  Instead, I opened a VOB "6" 100 proof that had a bit of dust on it.  Betcha this bubble bottle be empty by the weekend.

I think probably I deserve a sip of 138.1 for reminding you…

😎🥳🤗

• I like it 1

A particularly nice ER10 in the taxi— from an ancient 375mL. Bitter black cherries, cherry pits, fruit cake and a Coleman stove. Renewing my ER vows. 

• I like it 6

17 hours ago, PaulO said:

How about some tasting notes or comparisons.

I will do the best I can, I’m not used to figuring out off notes. 
1st—nose, A horrible varnish smell on the nose, very chemical forward. The nose also has a very bad combination of black licorice and really bad cinnamon candy smell. Just a flat out unenjoyable nose. 
2nd— taste, Very flat (as in, it never changes from the front of the palate to the back) and hot for 86 proof. It taste like a bar vodka that somebody put wood chips in to flavor it a little, But not very much flavoring came through. I cannot put my finger on one note that reminds me of a traditional bourbon. 

That’s the best I can do. I’m just not good at this. Take my word though, it’s bad. 

• I like it 2

43 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

That’s the best I can do. I’m just not good at this. Take my word though, it’s bad. 

It’s all good Lloyd. Thanks for taking one for the team. Being forewarned is being forearmed. 👌

I admit I chuckled a bit when I read your post. It reminded me of what Vosgar posted after tasting Cody Road. “Avoid it like the plague.” 😂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

Just now, markandrex said:

A pour of WSR after dinner.

Might join you shortly.😉

Biba! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.