What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Baseball on the screen, and Weller Full Proof in the glass.  Good way to wind down after a long week.

• I like it 5

23 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

9DA674C1-B10E-4299-9426-E295C730C3E8.thumb.jpeg.9129c3ff5a915ee51d3a2a914a47efd3.jpeg

Some Cask Strength MGP

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

That looks good, think I'll follow your lead as soon as I finish this EC94 store pick.

I'm glad I saw your photo, I temporarily forgot how much I like this one.  I notice mine is also 99.68 proof, maybe that's what all of this release is, not sure.

Edited by Kepler
99.68 proof not 98.68
  • I like it 2

12 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm glad I saw your photo, I temporarily forgot how much I like this one.  I notice mine is also 99.68 proof, maybe that's what all of this release is, not sure.

I get tons of brown sugar. I do like it better with a cube. Very good pour .. glad I have a couple put away. Is this plentiful down your way?

• I like it 1

13 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

I get tons of brown sugar. I do like it better with a cube. Very good pour .. glad I have a couple put away. Is this plentiful down your way?

Yes brown sugar, plus that special baking spice note that I only get from the better MGP.  Plentiful?  No, only very well stocked stores have this one.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

Baseball on the screen, and Weller Full Proof in the glass.  Good way to wind down after a long week.

I believe I shall join you sir. 😁

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Radioyada said:

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I believe I shall join you sir. 😁

Biba! Joe

Same.  

Daytime temps hit the 90s in Texas this week.  Hot weather puts me in the mood for more baseball.  As I get older I appreciate baseball as a sport more and more...

• I like it 6

Today I picked up OGD B.I.B.  Sometimes I forget what a decent pour this is.  It really hits the spot.

Edited by PaulO
  • I like it 6

1 minute ago, PaulO said:

Today I picked up OGD B.I.B.  Sometimes I forget what a decent pour this is.  I really hits the spot.

Top 5 most underrated bourbons out there...

• I like it 4

13 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Top 5 most underrated bourbons out there...

114 soaks up all the glory...

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Happy Birthday, and welcome to the club brother. 🥂 I’ll have a pour later on in your honor. 😁

Biba! Joe

Young pups!   😅

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, PaulO said:

Today I picked up OGD B.I.B.  Sometimes I forget what a decent pour this is.  It really hits the spot.

It's a great mashbill,  and I usually have an open bottle of Basil Hayden,   because I love the proof point when eating food.    I haven't had the current version of the BiB in several years,   although a friend has an open bottle of a National Distillers dusty on which I've mooched more than a time or two.   

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Young pups!   😅

Hee, hee, hee……🤣

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.98a9cc58cee97e18f909d48b495345cc.jpeg

• I like it 2

Had my first pour of ETBiB last night and was amazed that it was so smooth. There are some fine bourbons on the bottom shelves.

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, hughewil said:

popped the cork on this last night

russels.thumb.jpeg.564427ac65b5264e63bd686f7685e44d.jpeg

Turn that thing around! What warehouse and floor was that barrel located? 

• I like it 1

While NBC features a two hour advert for Woodford Reserve, poorly disguised as some horse race, I am finishing off the dregs of my trash can OGD BIB so I can replace it this PM.  

Uh, best as I can tell, the Kentucky Derby is an excuse for women to wear some of the ugliest hats and dresses I’ve seen on humans since the last British Royal Family wedding.

That said (well, that written), we will be grilling Omaha Steak filet mignon burgers and downing mint juleps for dinner followed by home made rocky road ice cream, BUT our MJs will be made with Ritt and served in crystal double OF glasses.  Yeah, sacrilege, so don’t tell the horses.

• I like it 6

My annual Derby day tradition is waiting on deck while I warm up the palate with a 2015.

20220507_160650.thumb.jpg.767ebc5fc5c011ca07244b03a0405e82.jpg

• I like it 13

3 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Turn that thing around! What warehouse and floor was that barrel located? 

rrback.jpg.df96f8e83105adbf67a21ce52bf5d599.jpg

• I like it 3

I haven't had a wheater in a long, long time,  and I'm enjoying this Wyoming and  Woody Shaw whistling darts past the dimming sky.  

20220507_190515.jpg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

My annual Derby day tradition is waiting on deck while I warm up the palate with a 2015.

20220507_160650.thumb.jpg.767ebc5fc5c011ca07244b03a0405e82.jpg

Oh how I wish I could find some Rock Hill Farms somewhere.

Edited by Kyjd75
  • I like it 2

4 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

we will be grilling Omaha Steak filet mignon burgers

That's some serious burgers.  Might even cut into the bourbon budget!

• I like it 1

Now this is the pick-me-up I needed. Day two of moving into our new home, and this whiskey is hitting the spot. God damn, this is some tasty Jack. 

4CB55804-5E0C-491F-B741-5A1930C33AEB.jpeg

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.