What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Anwalt said:

This is FasterHorses fault.  

Dry Fly.jpg

I think you’ll thank me when you open it. Nice straight and nicer  if you add a couple drops of water or a cube. 

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Picked these up over the weekend.

20220719_170058.jpg

Crap,  pure crap. I tell you. Send them to me and I will properly dispose of this swill. 😀

• I like it 2

On 7/19/2022 at 7:51 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Crap,  pure crap. I tell you. Send them to me and I will properly dispose of this swill. 😀

I can't help it, I just keep running into CEHT.  Not even hunting it. I went into a store looking for Redbreast and had to go by the bourbon aisle.  Lookee there, it was the last one just sittin' on the shelf looking lonely.  Same story for the ER PS.  What can I say?  🤷‍♂️

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

I can't help it, I just keep running into CEHT.  Not even hunting it. I went into a store looking for Redbreast and had to go by the bourbon aisle.  Lookee there, it was the last one just sittin' on the shelf looking lonely.  Same story for the ER PS.  What can I say?  🤷‍♂️

This happened to me a couple of months ago. I went into a  Total Wine in SWFL a couple of times and each time there was ERCEHT, and BT on the shelves at MSRP. Probably because the snow birds had gone home.

• I like it 4

Late night minutes-before-closing stop at TW on my NC road trip a few weeks ago netted two more bottles of DCDB for DU - I'm really liking this and have decided to grab any and every bottle I stumble on, no more leaving one+ for someone else like I did earlier this year bourbon surfing an undisclosed town in IN.  Got 7 bunkered now for future enjoyment.  Brought a few others back as well, but these were the highlight find.

Resizer_16585261140711.jpeg

• I like it 3

Well dang it, forgot about this one last week, also a pleasant find after a coworker did the tour on a family road trip some weeks ago.  Affordable and pleasantly enjoyable, the best combination!  And an actual aged bourbon from Green River, NOT a TerraPuke one (although no AS on the bottle).

Resizer_16585270496171.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, PowderKeg said:

Well dang it, forgot about this one last week, also a pleasant find after a coworker did the tour on a family road trip some weeks ago.  Affordable and pleasantly enjoyable, the best combination!  And an actual aged bourbon from Green River, NOT a TerraPuke one (although no AS on the bottle).

Resizer_16585270496171.jpeg

Purported to be 5+ years from their website.  I too am a fan.

• I like it 1

20 minutes ago, markandrex said:

Purported to be 5+ years from their website.  I too am a fan.

That's good to know, musta missed it on the website.  Def not green/young like too many others rushed to the shelf.

38 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

439577096_P7210028(2).thumb.JPG.0a9e5cb9b7dc4c6349226ca9296da33b.JPG

Ive never seen that many saz18s. Is there a story here?

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Ive never seen that many saz18s. Is there a story here?

well, the story I'll usually tell and the real deal

Story: I lucked into 2 OF 100 proof and picked up some rye while there

Truth: I placed order for case saz18 new stuff because I wanted to try it, in 2014, it just showed up.  I've desperately wanted to try the new saz18 and absolutely ecstatic to have.  I think I have both baby saz and handy barreled same year as these for side-by-side.  No matter, this is very nice, different than baby saz or handy for sure.  As good as late-tank but maybe not as good as early-tank, very different than the old material.  I'll spend a lot of time exploring these.  They will be my new hobby for some time to come.

• I like it 9

4 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

439577096_P7210028(2).thumb.JPG.0a9e5cb9b7dc4c6349226ca9296da33b.JPG

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Truth: I placed order for case saz18 new stuff because I wanted to try it, in 2014, it just showed up.  I've desperately wanted to try the new saz18 and absolutely ecstatic to have.  I think I have both baby saz and handy barreled same year as these for side-by-side.  No matter, this is very nice, different than baby saz or handy for sure.  As good as late-tank but maybe not as good as early-tank, very different than the old material.  I'll spend a lot of time exploring these.  They will be my new hobby for some time to come.

Amazing. 🤤

Congrats sir!

• I like it 2

On 7/19/2022 at 3:52 PM, JakeySnakes said:

IMG_3533.jpg

I scored one of these and a ECBP B522.  Love the Full Proof. Heard the B522 is a little spicier then the A122, will see!!!!

• I like it 4

Found these in Pennsylvania yesterday.  Happy to see them on the shelf as they are going at home.   

7261736F-1B95-44E7-A779-5AA7AA21F1C1.jpeg

• I like it 9

10 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

So you ordered these in ‘14?? So you probably weren’t really expecting them to ever show up. What a great surprise. 

• I like it 1

Not a full smile, but I did get a grin from the bourbon God's.  RR SB, CEHT small batch, T Moore - cognac cask finished and the other sherry cask finished.  The best part though, all at regular retail (love that $40 CEHT) and all just picked off an open shelf. Haven't tried the T Moore yet.  Hope my expectations aren't too high considering what they go for.

Cheers....

0723221512.jpg

• I like it 4

Proof that bourbon zen is with me. A trip to TPS today yielded nothing more than:  

family sized bottles of TWS,  VOB 100, and MC.

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 5

Went easy in Chicago.

Got BT, Binny's store pick.  And Dovetail, best price I've seen for it.

Chicago.jpg

• I like it 6

19 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Went easy in Chicago.

Got BT, Binny's store pick.  And Dovetail, best price I've seen for it.

Chicago.jpg

I hope this years BT pick from Binny’s is as good as last years. Keeping my fingers crossed for you @Anwalt. 🤞🤞🤞

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

So you ordered these in ‘14?? So you probably weren’t really expecting them to ever show up. What a great surprise. 

not expecting, but hoping.  I've had other orders filled years later, case of ER17 ordered maybe 2012 filled maybe 2 years ago.  Case of GTS filled some years after order placed.  I called ABC-HQ and confirmed I was still on list for fulfilment, but my order so old they couldn't tell how many bottles without digging deeper.  I'm overjoyed with just getting 1, so the whole case is fantastic.  I got these orders in when they still accepted them, they quit taking orders I think maybe 2015.

Edited by B.B. Babington
  • I like it 3

9 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

back in ancient times, before the boom, virginia received approx same number bottles each year

Saz18 & ER17 ~ 200 bottles each

WLW ~ 300 bottles

GTS ~ 400-450 bottles

no demand, person only limited by how much spending money, these were pricey at $69.99 each in 2006.

last year was odd, we received poop-ton GTS and nothing else?

ER17 dried up about 2015 and only few bottles came in couple years ago.  

Saz18 dried up about 2014 or earlier and these few bottles only ones to hit Virginia since then??  These current Saz18's are not in the current stream as far as I can tell, they are dedicated to fulfilling order obligations.  Probably any future bottles will go to lottery and garner 70K entrants.  

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

That is a truly crazy story.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.