What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

You are guys are like Boy Scouts or really like Brothers from a different Mother.  

I was not a Boy Scout.  But, we are certainly Brothers from a different mother!  😂

• I like it 2

23 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

You are guys are like Boy Scouts or really like Brothers from a different Mother.  

The latter has long been established! I also sometimes wonder about Rich!

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, yobber76 said:

Picked up a bottle of FR SmB yesterday. It's a deadly potion, drinks too easily. Seems to disappear every time I buy it.

Standard 4R SmB might be the most overlooked bourbon on the shelves today (now that all things Wild Turkey have gone full Tater).  It's a fine example of what an affordable, well crafted bourbon should be

• I like it 6

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Standard 4R SmB might be the most overlooked bourbon on the shelves today (now that all things Wild Turkey have gone full Tater).  It's a fine example of what an affordable, well crafted bourbon should be

I don't know, if we are not including turkey then I might have to say 1792 small batch.

Funny thing is I remember all thing wild turkey being looked down on as trailer trash.

Edited by hughewil
  • I like it 4

1 minute ago, hughewil said:

I don't know, if we are not including turkey then I might have to say 1792 small batch.

I don't disagree with that one either.  Good choice.  The Small Batch flies under the radar of the other hyped releases.  (we can say the same about the 4R SmB)...

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I don't disagree with that one either.  Good choice.  The Small Batch flies under the radar of the other hyped releases.  (we can say the same about the 4R SmB)...

I agree, my theory is this is related to proof.  People have become proof snobs (I am sometimes included as well) and ignore small batch due to that.  I think this even applies to ryes.  I rarely see anyone recommend sazerac (baby saz) or redemption even though both have a nice applet, but both are under 100 proof.

• I like it 3

9 minutes ago, hughewil said:

I agree, my theory is this is related to proof.  People have become proof snobs (I am sometimes included as well) and ignore small batch due to that.  I think this even applies to ryes.  I rarely see anyone recommend sazerac (baby saz) or redemption even though both have a nice applet, but both are under 100 proof.

Yep definitely the new joiners that are driving the bourbon craze are definitely proof snobs.  No doubt about that. 

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, Kepler said:

Yep definitely the new joiners that are driving the bourbon craze are definitely proof snobs.  No doubt about that. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . . . . "proof snobs" - HA!   🥳

• I like it 2

This was an expensive weekend! 🤑

Did I mention I like Ohio? So does Rummy.  The ER came from Illinois.

20220814_234551.jpg

20220813_004407.jpg

20220813_214434.jpg

• I like it 14

On 8/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, flahute said:

The latter has long been established! I also sometimes wonder about Rich!

Oh I wonder about me too.  Different reasons though. 😉

• I like it 2

On 8/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, GeeTen said:

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . . . . "proof snobs" - HA!   🥳

"Proof snobs".   I resemble that remark!! :)

• I like it 3

On 8/13/2022 at 11:38 PM, Kepler said:

What's this about WT turned Tater?

I feel like I see 1.75s of WT expressions everywhere for cheaps.

Guess I should put one or two away in case this tatering catches on everywhere.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:33 PM, smokinjoe said:

I was not a Boy Scout.  But, we are certainly Brothers from a different mother!  😂

I only made Star scout, I was more interested in camping and hiking and fishing and foolishly chasing foolish young wemens around to go full Eagle Scout unfortunately.

• I like it 1

First New Riff purchase. 107 proof. Store pick, single barrel. $50. All that computes w me. 

D9B180E4-A25F-45C4-B202-96C8F403B335.jpeg

Edited by MM818
  • I like it 5

Picked this up Monday at my local supermarket where I see it a couple of times a year.   Last time was around the holidays and was $52.  Now it's $60 which will be my limit.  I like it and it's cool to have in my cabinet but I can get a Knob Creek store pick for $60. 

Blanton's $60.jpg

• I like it 9

A buddy let me know a couple of nights ago that a liquor store had Weller SR in. Limit one @ MSRP. He bought one and said there were still two left. I didn’t even bother going because it would’ve taken me around a half an hour to get there and I knew they’d be gone. Sooooooooo, busy day today. A visit to our insurance/financial guy, a stop at Sam’s Club, a stop at our bank, and finally we stopped at the grocery store. 🥵 After all that, I thought to myself what the heck, and decided to stop and have a look see at the liquor store on the way home. Surprisingly, I picked up an ER and a Weller 12  @ MSRP! I haven’t even seen Weller 12 (other than at tater prices) on the shelf here in ages. Needless to say, I’m a happy camper. Both bottles will be put on my open shelf, and I shall open them in due course. ^_^ Oh, I got the last bottles of each. 😐

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e1027113bcc1e48037ca576e25dee25a.jpegimage.jpeg.a89bff3fbdffbcdf1870e8b90de10220.jpeg

• I like it 12

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A buddy let me know a couple of nights ago that a liquor store had Weller SR in. Limit one @ MSRP. He bought one and said there were still two left. I didn’t even bother going because it would’ve taken me around a half an hour to get there and I knew they’d be gone. Sooooooooo, busy day today. A visit to our insurance/financial guy, a stop at Sam’s Club, a stop at our bank, and finally we stopped at the grocery store. 🥵 After all that, I thought to myself what the heck, and decided to stop and have a look see at the liquor store on the way home. Surprisingly, I picked up an ER and a Weller 12  @ MSRP! I haven’t even seen Weller 12 (other than at tater prices) on the shelf here in ages. Needless to say, I’m a happy camper. Both bottles will be put on my open shelf, and I shall open them in due course. ^_^ Oh, I got the last bottles of each. 😐

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e1027113bcc1e48037ca576e25dee25a.jpegimage.jpeg.a89bff3fbdffbcdf1870e8b90de10220.jpeg

Thats awesome Joe. Was thinkin how to get ya some BT products and weller.. now it doesnt seem so urgent. Glad you found those!

• I like it 2

Went to a local craft distillery while out running my motorhome last week.  

Mystic Farm in Durham NC.

Picked up a bottle of the BiB and Double Oak that they call Broken Oak.  Both very good bottles...all bet a little pricey 

20220814_123300.thumb.jpg.3d40e9d2c73fab765b6b94a401c4f272.jpg

• I like it 4

6 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Thats awesome Joe. Was thinkin how to get ya some BT products and weller.. now it doesnt seem so urgent. Glad you found those!

Appreciate you thinking about me @FasterHorses.  I gotta admit I was totally surprised. They also had an E.H. Taylor. Not sure which variety. They had a limit of one bottle for anything behind the counter, period. I bought the Weller 12. My wife went in and bought the ER. She told me to consider it the bottle she wasn’t able to buy for me last Xmas.  :wub:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Made a trip south to Ohio to pick up the mail. By chance stopped at a local store and found these.  The ER will go in the bunker, as I have one open.  

A buddy of mine told me he liked the Boone County so what the heck..  He said if I didn't like it he would take it off my hands, a win win for me.

thumbnail (1).jpeg

• I like it 4

I was grocery shopping today and ran into these.  Th seal loss was my fault for not putting them in the padded carrier I keep in the car.  It tipped over and souaked the seal.  Dang screw caps!🤬

49093522-70EA-4CCC-B33B-B99494985E9A.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 minute ago, markandrex said:

I was grocery shopping today and ran into these.  Th seal loss was my fault for not putting them in the padded carrier I keep in the car.  It tipped over and souaked the seal.  Dang screw caps!🤬

49093522-70EA-4CCC-B33B-B99494985E9A.jpeg

On the plus side, my car has never smelled better.  I hope I don’t get pulled over before it dissipates or I may have some explaining to do.🫠😱

• I like it 3

35 minutes ago, markandrex said:

On the plus side, my car has never smelled better.  I hope I don’t get pulled over before it dissipates or I may have some explaining to do.🫠😱

One time my son bought me a couple of bourbon scented air fresheners as a gag Xmas gift. Suffice to say your car probably smells better than those car fresheners. 🫢

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

So, we had to go to the grocery store to get a couple of things we couldn’t find the other day. The hits just keep on coming. BT has been absent from most liquor stores in my area. This even includes Binny’s. I took a look in the liquor department at Schnuck’s and they had BT on the shelf for $24.99. I just had to grab a couple. 😁

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.99bd32913183eea4c02f24f4317f29d7.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 8/15/2022 at 12:07 AM, Clueby said:

This was an expensive weekend! 🤑

Did I mention I like Ohio? So does Rummy.  The ER came from Illinois.

20220814_234551.jpg

20220813_004407.jpg

20220813_214434.jpg

Geez!!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.