What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 hour ago, B.B. Babington said:

not expecting, but hoping.  I've had other orders filled years later, case of ER17 ordered maybe 2012 filled maybe 2 years ago.  Case of GTS filled some years after order placed.  I called ABC-HQ and confirmed I was still on list for fulfilment, but my order so old they couldn't tell how many bottles without digging deeper.  I'm overjoyed with just getting 1, so the whole case is fantastic.  I got these orders in when they still accepted them, they quit taking orders I think maybe 2015.

This is crazy.  I guess patience is a virtue. 

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

Haven’t posted in a while, been finding a few good ones. But this past week I stumped across this in Jersey. I’ve never seen one, I was very surprised to say the least.

13152545-8011-4DF2-AAC6-EA0ADAFF6664.thumb.jpeg.8340e156b4f4ecc82803737853b7e7ab.jpeg

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

This is crazy.  I guess patience is a virtue. 

one of few/several benefits of old age.  another is doing whatever I want and people whisper "never mind, his old"

• I like it 6

Just now, B.B. Babington said:

one of few/several benefits of old age.  another is doing whatever I want and people whisper "never mind, his old"

😃😀😀

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 1

1 hour ago, B.B. Babington said:

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

😃😀😀

I resemble that remark. 😉

image.jpeg

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, BetweenPipes33 said:

Haven’t posted in a while, been finding a few good ones. But this past week I stumped across this in Jersey. I’ve never seen one, I was very surprised to say the least.

13152545-8011-4DF2-AAC6-EA0ADAFF6664.thumb.jpeg.8340e156b4f4ecc82803737853b7e7ab.jpeg

I remember this series, I passed on them many times. I think the box put me off, for some silly reason. Anyway, mistakes made. 

Good find and snag. 

Cheers

On 7/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, Kepler said:

Picked these up over the weekend.

20220719_170058.jpgNice to see these brands are still out there. 

Cheers 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:00 PM, B.B. Babington said:

439577096_P7210028(2).thumb.JPG.0a9e5cb9b7dc4c6349226ca9296da33b.JPG

😳😳 unbelievable. Congratulations 

Finally got around to picking up an accumulation of orders made over the past month.  Picked up some ECBP barrell proof A122 and B522 with some regular EC bourbon and rye for cocktails, Bardstown Disco 7, and a Weller Full Proof.  

Also grabbed some Scotch - the 2022 Ardbeg release and an independent bottler of Glendronach 12 year cask strength.  Also got some chartreuse and an aperol for cocktails and restocked on my favorite tequila - Fortaleza Añejo (gave away what I previously had  to some friends). 

69348B8C-7133-4B82-8B81-3EDAA2209CE8.jpeg

• I like it 5

Still missing one bottle from the OLHQ Makers release, but here’s the four the girlfriend was able to track down while I was out of town.

1B9297A4-22FF-4045-A69B-F03CFA86BB3E.thumb.jpeg.f3ec45d1937f7e05475fc6b5a09a2ba7.jpeg

• I like it 6

14 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

That is a truly crazy story.

Love it when good things happen to good people!

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I remember this series, I passed on them many times. I think the box put me off, for some silly reason. Anyway, mistakes made. 

Good find and snag. 

Cheers

Just saw a couple No. 2 while lookin at some land out in the country. Worth grabbing?

16 hours ago, apt43bear said:

Finally got around to picking up an accumulation of orders made over the past month.  Picked up some ECBP barrell proof A122 and B522 with some regular EC bourbon and rye for cocktails, Bardstown Disco 7, and a Weller Full Proof.  

Also grabbed some Scotch - the 2022 Ardbeg release and an independent bottler of Glendronach 12 year cask strength.  Also got some chartreuse and an aperol for cocktails and restocked on my favorite tequila - Fortaleza Añejo (gave away what I previously had  to some friends). 

69348B8C-7133-4B82-8B81-3EDAA2209CE8.jpeg

Love glendronach, especially 18.  didn't know cask was a thing, will now be on the lookout

• I like it 1

So jealous.  I dug up a couple of old bottles of Signature a while back and it is like what the current OF 100 dreams it will be when it grows up.

• I like it 1

16 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

7793FF43-6CA1-472A-A9AF-4FF7CD7D4A9B.thumb.jpeg.6aac4e010ba9defa5b9724c22f75e6b1.jpeg

FWIW @FasterHorses, and you may already know this, those small plastic bottles make great freezer bottles. 😁

Biba! Joe

11 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

FWIW @FasterHorses, and you may already know this, those small plastic bottles make great freezer bottles. 😁

Biba! Joe

Good to know Joe! Thank ya. 
You or IamMatt may know.. did I read on here that these were caramel bombs? Stopped off at a store way out and saw these suckers today. Sunday drive paid off

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

You or IamMatt may know.. did I read on here that these were caramel bombs? Stopped off at a store way out and saw these suckers today. Sunday drive paid off

Just my opinion, but the older OF BIB was really good. It had hints of caramel/butterscotch. I guess I was spoiled. I didn’t notice it after the change to Signature. However, It could just be me mind you. 😐

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

got a bourbon and a rye.  Went to pick up the alberta and saw the EH Taylor sitting in a box on the floor behind the counter

aleh.thumb.jpg.85a53a66860b082b37f49fc48eb61eaf.jpg

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Love glendronach, especially 18.  didn't know cask was a thing, will now be on the lookout

Glendronach is one of my go-to’s with the 12 as a good daily pour. I love the 18 and seems the prices haven’t gone crazy (yet) though I imagine that’ll change soon. Yeah the cask was done by an independent bottler and sourced by a local liquor store. It’s 12 year and comes in at 61.2% - looking forward to trying it. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

As a generous and selfless gesture, I took a small sip of the sample bottle I saved from my older OF Signature and yes, definite caramel bomb.  Comparing it to current OF 100, a shorthand way of describing it is like real caramel (old) vs caramel flavoring (new). 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Just my opinion, but the older OF BIB was really good. It had hints of caramel/butterscotch. I guess I was spoiled. I didn’t notice it after the change to Signature. However, It could just be me mind you. 😐

Biba! Joe

I am finding Cooper's Craft 100 to most closely meet my craving for the old OF profile.  Unfortunately, they STILL don't distribute it in CA.

• I like it 3

On 7/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, B.B. Babington said:

not expecting, but hoping.  I've had other orders filled years later, case of ER17 ordered maybe 2012 filled maybe 2 years ago.  Case of GTS filled some years after order placed.  I called ABC-HQ and confirmed I was still on list for fulfilment, but my order so old they couldn't tell how many bottles without digging deeper.  I'm overjoyed with just getting 1, so the whole case is fantastic.  I got these orders in when they still accepted them, they quit taking orders I think maybe 2015.

Absolutely love it.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, FasterHorses said:

7793FF43-6CA1-472A-A9AF-4FF7CD7D4A9B.thumb.jpeg.6aac4e010ba9defa5b9724c22f75e6b1.jpeg

Those look to be the original OF Sig label that came out after the B.I.B. was discontinued.  I'd wager they are 15 - 20 years old. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.