Empty Bottle(s) Support Group for 2023:

My Promise of Hope bit the dust over the weekend.  Opened this one on Black Friday in 2021 with a buddy.  It was pretty good.  Glad I got to enjoy one bottle, no regrets on not having a backup.  🤷🏻‍♂️

93D8E826-1DCE-48E7-AB12-2E224523C236.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 1/22/2023 at 8:25 PM, 0895 said:

My Promise of Hope bit the dust over the weekend.  Opened this one on Black Friday in 2021 with a buddy.  It was pretty good.  Glad I got to enjoy one bottle, no regrets on not having a backup.  🤷🏻‍♂️

An all time favorite and I'm lucky enough to have a lot in the bunker.

• I like it 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:25 PM, 0895 said:

Good work.

• I like it 1

We've only been doing this thing we do for about a year, so it may seem like we're knocking off a lot of bottles lately, but these are the amongst the first bottles we bought about a year ago and have been slowly sipping them..

Anyway, this is one that I got in the state allocation lottery and I have to say it is the best my favorite bourbon I've tasted in the last year.

This makes it all worthwhile. I thank the lottery gods that I was able to get two of these.

20230126_194812[1].jpg

• I like it 7

5 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

We've only been doing this thing we do for about a year, so it may seem like we're knocking off a lot of bottles lately, but these are the amongst the first bottles we bought about a year ago and have been slowly sipping them..

Anyway, this is one that I got in the state allocation lottery and I have to say it is the best my favorite bourbon I've tasted in the last year.

This makes it all worthwhile. I thank the lottery gods that I was able to get two of these.

20230126_194812[1].jpg

You bought the September 2022 release a year ago ?

I'm impressed with your time bending skills... ; P

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

8 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

20230126_194812[1].jpg

The ECBP is one of my favorites, the C922 in particular.  Glad you stocked up!

On 1/12/2023 at 6:53 PM, smokinjoe said:

AAA 10 Yr gave up its last breath tonight after work.  Sort of a celebratory pour, as this was the best day I’ve had at work since 2023 started.  🥳

The AAA 10 year was one of those great and cheap glut era bourbons that is hard to imagine even existed, when you think about it.  
As the bottle got towards the end (which I extended longer than should have, because I hate to put such wonderful and not easily replaced bottles down) it did tend to get a tad on the dry/worn out, side.  But ice or water rejuvenated it every time, like magic.  And, a clear ice cube did it again, tonight.  

E1034479-3819-4B1D-A738-1A4D5C2C60EB.jpeg

I like your bookshelf.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

You bought the September 2022 release a year ago ?

I'm impressed with your time bending skills... ; P

Yea, I didn't quite word that well.  To quote Steve Martin, "Some people have a way with words and others......don't have way?"

I scored the C922 in the December state lottery.

• I like it 2

Said goodbye to an old squat bottle of Weller 12 last night. Still have more in the basement, but probably won't open another one for a while. They don't make them like they used to that is for sure.

• I like it 8

been in a bottle killing mood lately, and tonight was no different. Finished off the last 2 pours out of this one.

20230128_185450.jpg

• I like it 8

Not going to miss this one, because I have another bottle😁

I paid ~$120.00 for it, (which is saying something for my cheap-ass), and would buy it again at that price point.

20230129_081423.jpg

• I like it 6

2 more for the bin.  I have more of both, but probably different versions. More importantly I'm glad I have another 17 GTS that I posted yesterday.  So no support needed! 😄

20230128_174510.thumb.jpg.ff0cbf336f685b94854d46a89d88d5d3.jpg

• I like it 5

On 1/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, Double C's said:

been in a bottle killing mood lately, and tonight was no different. Finished off the last 2 pours out of this one.

20230128_185450.jpg

Very appropriate backdrop!

Sent these two to the big green bin outside this weekend. Need to replace the Four Roses before the Super Bowl. Going to open a KCSB Rye to replace this state pick that in no longer.

IMG_3356.JPG

• I like it 7

2 hours ago, elmossle said:

Sent these two to the big green bin outside this weekend. Need to replace the Four Roses before the Super Bowl. Going to open a KCSB Rye to replace this state pick that in no longer.

IMG_3356.JPG

2 really good ones there 👍

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Clueby said:

This was really good. Very OWA-ish.

20230202_195237.jpg

OWA? WOW to my palette that's some High Praise. This is a brand that I don't see in the Memphis market except rarely and I don't recall EVER seeing the SiB BP? I guess this is a tough bottle to find anywhere? OK enough question marks. :)